Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

98 Crusades listed on COMC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
There is a seller that listed a lot of 98 Crusades on COMC. Has them listed as samples. I don't recall ever hearing about Samples of these but I wasn't collecting hard. Are they legit?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
He had 2 Will Clark's (green and purple) but they sold before I could buy them. I guess he could have had a red too, just never saw the link for it. Just saw the "out of stock" link before it disappeared on the other 2. I would have gladly paid more than he sold them for. I had only seen a couple of the *** samples before his listings. I was just a few minutes too late :(

I don't know of any way to contact the seller over there. Anyone recognize the username? Maybe he has an ebay or FCB account?

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
I missed out on the Cruz ones too. He was only asking $60 on the Red and I would have happily paid that. Oh well, the search continues.

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
Look at the back of the cards and check out the serial numbering. They're all XX/25. I'm not sure if they're the real thing.

That being said, I have no idea how rare Crusade samples/promos/prototypes are.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
clarkfan said:
He had 2 Will Clark's (green and purple) but they sold before I could buy them. I guess he could have had a red too, just never saw the link for it. Just saw the "out of stock" link before it disappeared on the other 2. I would have gladly paid more than he sold them for. I had only seen a couple of the *** samples before his listings. I was just a few minutes too late :(

I don't know of any way to contact the seller over there. Anyone recognize the username? Maybe he has an ebay or FCB account?

Same thing happened to me with the Andruw's. At least I know where they are though...good luck in your search.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
dang it I missed out on the Pedro Martinez red...

i'm guessing these left the factory at some point, potentially un-stamped, and were later re-stamped? similar to the back door flair showcase legacy row 0 cards that lack names on the backs of the cards?

still finished cards though...that's my best guess, but not 100% sure

p.s. looking for Pedro crusades and Piazza crusades!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
gradedeflator said:
dang it I missed out on the Pedro Martinez red...

i'm guessing these left the factory at some point, potentially un-stamped, and were later re-stamped? similar to the back door flair showcase legacy row 0 cards that lack names on the backs of the cards?

still finished cards though...that's my best guess, but not 100% sure

p.s. looking for Pedro crusades and Piazza crusades!

No, in hand the "serial numbering" should be under the gloss coat I believe, but I'm not positive. Either way, these should be in-house executive promos used to confirm the final design among Donruss higher ups.

Edited: Another Exec Promo example

1997StudioMasterstrokesJumboPromo.jpg

dadofandrew

Aug 7, 2008
I hope lots of player collectors got what they needed, I would have got some but wasn't sure if they were legit or not

Members online