Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

About as bad a case of Leaf Valaint as you'll see

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Well, this was just not a good case. Very disappointed.

Plate auto:
Heath Hembree

Black /5 auto:
Jonathan Villar

Orange /25 auto:
Trevor May
Sean Gilmartin
Kolten Wong
Tyler Goeddel
Tyler Anderson
Kelvin Herrera
Andrew Susac
Brandon Short

Blue /99 auto:
Erik Komatsu
Henry Owens
Jurickson Profar
Juan Duran
Jeremy Moore
Andrew Susac
Jose Fernandez
Carlos Martinez
Robert Stephenson
Jonathan Schoop
Jacob Petricka
Brandon Short
Travis Witherspoon
Jonathan Villar
Miguel De Los Santos
Sonny Gray
Victor Payano
JJ Hoover
Travis Harrison
Marcus Knecht
Jed Bradley
Dickie Joe Thon
Brandon Nimmo
Keenyn Walker
Jiwan James
Blake Swihart

Didn't get any good duplicate base autos, no Machado at all.

Overall, this product doesn't offer much value to the breaker unless you hit an Ichiro IMO. The value is in buying the singles. I made the mistake of buying a case once the extra autos were added-but I won't be doing that again.

You win some, and you lose some I guess.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Field Level View said:
What are you looking for on the Villars?

At this point, everything is available-I just ask that you make an offer, that is all. I am in the process of listing some stuff on eBay as we speak. So whatever you are interested in, just PM me an offer please and thank you.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
nosterbor said:
Its Leaf!

Exactly. Will be more loser than winners. The hype by BG sucks in all the buyers, then the reality of the product upon release brings them all crashing back down to earth. Razor/Leaf, deja vu all over again.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Titans74 said:
nosterbor said:
Its Leaf!

Exactly. Will be more loser than winners. The hype by BG sucks in all the buyers, then the reality of the product upon release brings them all crashing back down to earth. Razor/Leaf, deja vu all over again.
Honestly, I find it hard to argue this. I was sucked in with the extra autos added-and while I didn't expect an Ichiro, the lure of a possible Ichiro played into it as well.

Fortunately for me, it won't be deja vu all over again. This was my first, and last, purchase from Leaf. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
Titans74 said:
nosterbor said:
Its Leaf!

Honestly, I find it hard to argue this. I was sucked in with the extra autos added-and while I didn't expect an Ichiro, the lure of a possible Ichiro played into it as well.

Fortunately for me, it won't be deja vu all over again. This was my first, and last, purchase from Leaf. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I can't imagine a Bowman product would be any better. I would hate spending $60 on a box just to get $10 back.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
hail2thevictors said:

Plate auto:
Heath Hembree

Black /5 auto:
Jonathan Villar

Orange /25 auto:
Trevor May
Sean Gilmartin
Kolten Wong
Tyler Goeddel
Tyler Anderson
Kelvin Herrera
Andrew Susac
Brandon Short

Blue /99 auto:
Erik Komatsu
Henry Owens
Jurickson Profar
Juan Duran
Jeremy Moore
Andrew Susac
Jose Fernandez
Carlos Martinez
Robert Stephenson
Jonathan Schoop
Jacob Petricka
Brandon Short
Travis Witherspoon
Jonathan Villar
Miguel De Los Santos
Sonny Gray
Victor Payano
JJ Hoover
Travis Harrison
Marcus Knecht
Jed Bradley
Dickie Joe Thon
Brandon Nimmo
Keenyn Walker
Jiwan James
Blake Swihart

Overall, this product doesn't offer much value to the breaker unless you hit an Ichiro IMO. The value is in buying the singles. I made the mistake of buying a case once the extra autos were added-but I won't be doing that again.

Sorry you are disappointed, only funny thing is that all your cards arent listed here...
There are parallells not listed... what cards did you not list?

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Titans74 said:
nosterbor said:
Its Leaf!

You are very funny.
Why dont you ask guys that:
(a) broke several cases to find a better sample size
and
(b) listed ALL the cards they pulled (not just some of them)

BG

Leaf said:
hail2thevictors said:

Plate auto:
Heath Hembree

Black /5 auto:
Jonathan Villar

Orange /25 auto:
Trevor May
Sean Gilmartin
Kolten Wong
Tyler Goeddel
Tyler Anderson
Kelvin Herrera
Andrew Susac
Brandon Short

Blue /99 auto:
Erik Komatsu
Henry Owens
Jurickson Profar
Juan Duran
Jeremy Moore
Andrew Susac
Jose Fernandez
Carlos Martinez
Robert Stephenson
Jonathan Schoop
Jacob Petricka
Brandon Short
Travis Witherspoon
Jonathan Villar
Miguel De Los Santos
Sonny Gray
Victor Payano
JJ Hoover
Travis Harrison
Marcus Knecht
Jed Bradley
Dickie Joe Thon
Brandon Nimmo
Keenyn Walker
Jiwan James
Blake Swihart

Sorry you are disappointed, only funny thing is that all your cards arent listed here...
There are parallells not listed... what cards did you not list?

Brian -
he listed all 36 parallels
its the base green autos he didn't list

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Leaf said:
Titans74 said:
nosterbor said:
Its Leaf!

You are very funny.
Why dont you ask guys that:
(a) broke several cases to find a better sample size
and
(b) listed ALL the cards they pulled (not just some of them)

BG

I wasn't going for funny, but thanks.;)

I certainly don't need to ask anyone of anything. I've seen enough breaks and secondary market sales of your products (from day one) to adequately form an educated opinion on your products. I've seen enough people lose their a** buying into your hype.

You come here and dupe everyone into thinking you are the cats meow for caring, listening and being available. Then you duplicate your own ideas in multiple products, flat out steal designs from other products, toss cookies (free stuff) to any supporter that starts to sway from your products. Let's not forget how many times your true colors come out in your posts. Between bragging about how much you spend on cards to your arrogant attitude toward anyone who sees through you and calls you on it.

Some may think your limiting production on cases has to do with making limited/higher value cards. They've been duped. There are those that realize you have targeted this single community as your own personal cash cow.

Fact - Would it not be for FCB, freebies you toss the on-the-fencers, your 24/7 hyping of your products and consequent hype from the group of followers here your products would not sell. You have a cult like following here partly due to those trying to ride your coat tails and trying to make money for themselves by assisting in hyping and pushing your product.

You want funny? Funny is that just as Razor failed, Leaf is soon to follow. The appeal of new, 3rd rate products only lasts so long.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
You had a bad case. Geez. If you had hit some low numbered parallels of Gray, Rendon, Mahtook, etc....I'm sure you would be singing a different tune. Hell, if you had hit an Ichiro, you would be singing a different tune. its laughable when those that don't get THE card they want to pass blame on the MFG and call them a failure........come on man......just suck it up and take this one on the chin. Better luck on the next one. Breaking wax is a GAMBLE and you know that. You win some, you lose some.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
blanning71 said:
You had a bad case. Geez. If you had hit some low numbered parallels of Gray, Rendon, Mahtook, etc....I'm sure you would be singing a different tune. Hell, if you had hit an Ichiro, you would be singing a different tune. its laughable when those that don't get THE card they want to pass blame on the MFG and call them a failure........come on man......just suck it up and take this one on the chin. Better luck on the next one. Breaking wax is a GAMBLE and you know that. You win some, you lose some.
You are late to the party, but thanks for chiming in.

First off, in this thread, there is nothing wrong with what I have said. This is one of the worst cases you are going to see of Valiant. Period. End of story. I don't see it wrong to say this is as bad a case as you will see. Obviously if I hit an Ichiro and I thought it was one of the best cases, I would have said "as good of a case as you will see". I was calling the case like I saw it. If you know prospects, you know this case was bad.

In other threads, I did a lot of whining and complaining-and I have since apologized and have directly apologized to BG through a PM. I didn't realize the fact that I was whining like one of the clowns in occupy wallstreet, like I had some sort of entitlement to a good case. I jumped off the deep end, and I had too big of expectations going into this. I have no one to blame but myself. I have stated this in other threads(my apology), and also again directly to BG through PM. So perhaps you didn't read everything, which is possible. Either way, I have addressed the issues I caused-and would appreciate your understanding of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts