Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I the only one who absolutely DESPISES non-liscensed baseball cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
I could care less honestly if it is licensed or not - I have seen just as many licensed cards that look like crap as I have unlicensed cards. Most of the nicest cards I have bought over the last few years have been unlicensed. I really think it depends on the individual card and product. I am not going to automatically discount a card with a great design just because it isn't licensed. Of course there are some that look crappy and cheap - but I don't think you can just automatically lump every unlicensed card into that category. Some of them are very innovative and well done.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Airbrushed major league logos (Prizm), ugly.

Airbrushed minor league logos (EEE), or high school unis, I'm cool with that.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Lots of misinformation in this thread. For one many of the brands that people here think aren't licensed are indeed licensed.

Lots of people here are funny... they don't like airbrushing and cards not licensed by MLB... but like MLB uniforms airbrushed on minor league players.

People don't stop to think... do they really know what they want or do they want what people who sell cards want them to like?? Why does it seem that people who sell cards like to seed these kinds of discussions?

NT was a tremendous product. The way they showed players was truly refreshing. And the product was licensed.

If you want logos, there are plenty of fleer stickers to quench your thirst.

1991-fleer-team-logo-stickers-c762.jpg

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I only like elite for unlicensed. Plus, elites are nice for players who've been traded.

On the other hand, Topps has a license and does an awful job photoshopping to logos on.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Lots of misinformation in this thread. For one many of the brands that people here think aren't licensed are indeed licensed.

Lots of people here are funny... they don't like airbrushing and cards not licensed by MLB... but like MLB uniforms airbrushed on minor league players.

People don't stop to think... do they really know what they want or do they want what people who sell cards want them to like?? Why does it seem that people who sell cards like to seed these kinds of discussions?

NT was a tremendous product. The way they showed players was truly refreshing. And the product was licensed.

If you want logos, there are plenty of fleer stickers to quench your thirst.

1991-fleer-team-logo-stickers-c762.jpg

I see you're still the mouth-breathing troll you were the last time I visited FCB

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
I see you're still the mouth-breathing troll you were the last time I visited FCB

Coming from you, this is pretty funny. As usual you bring nothing to the table. I do notice you pop up in all of the "lets attack & berate a young kids" threads. Hope its awhile before you visit again. SUKADIK!!!!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Coming from you, this is pretty funny. As usual you bring nothing to the table. I do notice you pop up in all of the "lets attack & berate a young kids" threads. Hope its awhile before you visit again. SUKADIK!!!!

You think uniquebaseballcards is a kid? Ha

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
No, I wasn't talking about him, but there are others that I can't recall right now. Just pointing out the real troll in the room and how just about everything you post is negative.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

Try as you might, accusing others of troll-ish behavior doesn't hide the fact that you're always the lonely troll even if you think it funny to derail threads.

Frankly you just invoke everyone's pity, I know you have mine every time you post.

Now rather than to detract from this thread further with another aimless post, kindly post no more here.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
They don't bother me. As long as the card says "Chicago" on it, I'll put it in my Sox collection. The actual logo being or not being on there doesn't bother me. For my Curve and UM Canes collections, I don't care what level a card is (be it collegiate, MiLB, or Team USA) or if there is a logo.

I'm more worried about how a card looks than if it has a little 2x2cm logo on it.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
NT baseball was awesome looking. I like the first leaf pete rose and the valiant stars sets. it gives us more choices. topps really sucks. wish upper deck was back.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
They don't bother me. As long as the card says "Chicago" on it, I'll put it in my Sox collection. The actual logo being or not being on there doesn't bother me. For my Curve and UM Canes collections, I don't care what level a card is (be it collegiate, MiLB, or Team USA) or if there is a logo.

I'm more worried about how a card looks than if it has a little 2x2cm logo on it.
But what if it's an Andre Dawson card that says Chicago?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Try as you might, accusing others of troll-ish behavior doesn't hide the fact that you're always the lonely troll even if you think it funny to derail threads.

Frankly you just invoke everyone's pity, I know you have mine every time you post.

Now rather than to detract from this thread further with another aimless post, kindly post no more here.

Nice to see you again.

See you soon :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008

He actually has a point Will. Besides, I think a lot of people get way too worked up about licensed v.s. non-licensed. Really, it's the product and how it looks that matters. I think people just need to have something to get worked up over. And hell, with box prices, I can't blame them. But seriously, if people put their support behind absolute wins like NT's was, it will force MLB's hand. I mean, they want to make as much money as possible. By licensing more than one company, it makes sense they'd stand to gain some financial ground. You just can't have 4 or 5 companies making a zillion products a year like in 2004 and 2005. Really you could but no single company would be able to bring in a lion's share of profit and on top of it, collectors start to get burnt out and leave the hobby when their goals get trashed by having too much stuff to chase. Which hurts profits. Just have 2 or 3 companies and call it a day. The exact reason I buy non-licensed stuff is just to have a choice. I want that. If you don't, you're selling yourself short.

Members online

Latest posts