Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
I haven't done a thing with cards or even ebay in months...which was good for my wallet, but my girlfriends daughter needed help buying a cell phone off ebay & it rekindled the addiction....

I've been pretty tame only searching for Mauer 7/xx stuff for now....

7/18
!B6HrMCw!mk~$(KGrHqMOKjsEyN8Lzf8GBMwO2fM-fQ~~_12.jpg

7/150
!BbSfBM!!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-C0EqudlQdKwBKvS4QY7+Q~~_12.jpg

Just the Mauer 7/150
!B91PCHw!2k~$(KGrHqEOKo4Ey+jCy+DNBM68cOKpP!~~0_12.jpg

Does anyone have a list of the different variations on those Milestones?? I think I have 5 different Mauer 7/150's now.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I've got one of those Moments and Milestones of Mauer that is #7 of 150, too. Good thing there are a lot of them out there! :lol:

Couple of freebie pickups courtesy of SpahnandSain. In addition to a bunch of little goodies, (including a couple of Topps Cuddyer rookies) he sent me a Mauer auto and a flashback kind of card---

twins-2.jpg

Oh yeah--JAKE Mauer. Had you for a second, didn't I? :cool: Thanks again, SpahnandSain!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Greg Cleveland said:
I've got one of those Moments and Milestones of Mauer that is #7 of 150, too. Good thing there are a lot of them out there! :lol:

Couple of freebie pickups courtesy of SpahnandSain. In addition to a bunch of little goodies, (including a couple of Topps Cuddyer rookies) he sent me a Mauer auto and a flashback kind of card---

twins-2.jpg

Oh yeah--JAKE Mauer. Had you for a second, didn't I? :cool: Thanks again, SpahnandSain!

I have been looking for a Jake auto for some time now... I guess that I need to send him a TTM

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I picked up my first GU (sort of item) this week. It's a Steve Lombardozzi Batting Practice Jersey. A little fraying on some of the patches, but not too bad for the price ($75 delivered.) Lombardozzi was my favorite player growing up, and he doesn't have much to collect other that base cards. I can't bring myself to build a stash of his son (also Steve) who was drafted by the Nationals and has cards in 2010 Bowman. Not sure what I'm going to do with the jersey. I will probably actually wear it sometimes, but I worry about washing it with the fraying stitches. Also it is TIGHT on me! I know he wasn't a big guy, but those 1980's uniforms leave nothing to the imagination. It's not worth framing so I will probably just hang it from my wall. It's got a nice signature on the patch that underlines "Twins" on the front.

!B-k5NmgEGk~$(KGrHqQOKowEy+jCzRd1BM9Cl(8-7Q~~_12.jpg

!B-k5NUQBmk~$(KGrHqQOKk!EzLFKm6t-BM9Cl(RKjQ~~_12.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
mudflap02 said:
I picked up my first GU (sort of item) this week. It's a Steve Lombardozzi Batting Practice Jersey. A little fraying on some of the patches, but not too bad for the price ($75 delivered.) Lombardozzi was my favorite player growing up, and he doesn't have much to collect other that base cards. I can't bring myself to build a stash of his son (also Steve) who was drafted by the Nationals and has cards in 2010 Bowman. Not sure what I'm going to do with the jersey. I will probably actually wear it sometimes, but I worry about washing it with the fraying stitches. Also it is TIGHT on me! I know he wasn't a big guy, but those 1980's uniforms leave nothing to the imagination. It's not worth framing so I will probably just hang it from my wall. It's got a nice signature on the patch that underlines "Twins" on the front.

!B-k5NmgEGk~$(KGrHqQOKowEy+jCzRd1BM9Cl(8-7Q~~_12.jpg

!B-k5NUQBmk~$(KGrHqQOKk!EzLFKm6t-BM9Cl(RKjQ~~_12.jpg

That's pretty cool.

If it helps, Steve Jr. appeared in a Twins promotion in 09. It was the golf one. It was during the last series (against the Royals), either the second or third game... so he was on the floor of a Twins stadium in front of a packed house playing sports. lol

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008
got these coming in the mail!
All 2010 Bowman Draft
Reg Base
Nate Roberts x146
Niko Goodrum x117
Logan Darnell x143
Luke Hughes x30
Drew Butera x30
Alex Burnett x60
Pat Dean x20
Eddie Rosario x100
Alex Wimmers x59

Chrome
Logan Darnell x20
Luke Hughes x18
Drew Butera x17
Alex Burnett x72
Trevor Plouffe x55
Anthony Slama x35

I think I got a little to much!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Well haven't picked up much of anything for months, maybe even a year, but now that I'm working again and caught up on stuff I'll be throwing some more stuff in this and other threads.

Won these guys in the last couple days:

71 O-Pee-Chee Blyleven RC (it was going for a decent price so decided to add another to my collection.)

!CB6bMfwB2k~$(KGrHqIOKjgE0(2TnB-mBNJdE(NYog~~_12.jpg

55 Topps Killebrew RC (Apparently has small indent in the back or a pinhole, looks good from the front, so I'll get is signed and off to PSA/DNA)

!CB8Zy)wEWk~$(KGrHqEOKnQEz0C1wSekBNJhlk6rG!~~_12.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Even though I may be talking to myself in this thread now, I've got another card to add. I recieved a few freebies with the 60 Kaat PSA 8, and along with an 87 sportflics Puckett and a pack of 88 score, this 64 was staring me in the face. Great job on the seller's part for a nice suprise and speedy delivery.

img487.jpg

EDIT: didn't post a scan of the Kaat in here, anyways, here it is.

img486.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Also today the Twins announced they are finally retiring Bert's number 28. Looking forward to that, and will try to get tickets to that game on July 16th

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
I'm starting to get back into the buying mode again & have been lucky to find a good amount of Mauer's for my 7/xx collection:

7/150 - $15.50
!C!HZ3qgBGk~$(KGrHqJ,!hYEze!PSTv6BNByDnjjU!~~_12.jpg

7/149 - $10.50
!B6r8nS!B2k~$(KGrHqV,!lUEy+jC2KV3BMyPfsweqw~~_12.jpg

7/25 - $27
!C!opQL!CWk~$(KGrHqJ,!i4E0FlSuh8tBND3ubIeBQ~~_12.jpg

7/10 - $27.50
!CBwS7uQ!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKjYEzqCRzlqyBNI4hMiC0!~~_12.jpg

7/499 - $8.49
!BzPz-N!B2k~$(KGrHqR,!jIEw5JgMHh9BMVNe)I!n!~~_12.jpg

7/99 - $13.39
!CDo3pegBmk~$(KGrHqN,!lEEz+6Oy)BIBNPO5Bp87!~~_12.jpg

7/25 - $47
!B2H1)9QEGk~$(KGrHqF,!jkE)pfbFvNJBMhPIfQCTQ~~_3.jpg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Very nice #7 collection there, Dan. I've got a Moments and Milestones #7 of something or other. (my only one!)

Anyway, time for a new G-Man pick up. Haven't looked for one of these before, and found one first time out! Listed with Griffey's name in the title, I had to check the auction's pic to know I was getting the right one.

sheet.jpg

Slight creasing in a couple of spots, but it's the first and only one I've found. I'll upgrade someday if I can.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Not a pick-up, but I bumped into Bert at the Super America in White Bear Lake last week. I was too caught off-guard to say anything to him, but it was pretty cool regardless... for me, at least. Probably not for anybody reading this.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Time to get back into this thread and see it rocking again. Still pissed off at the pathetic post season performances this team puts out every year. We need to avoid the freaking Yankees at all costs. So what are the big spring battles this year. I take it Gibson will start in AAA. SLowey and Wicked Nick battle for #5 spot? What bull pen going to look like now. Looks like TB man is doing decent so far in spring. Does Hughes got any shot to make it. How is new 2b doing?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
matchpenalty said:
Time to get back into this thread and see it rocking again. Still pissed off at the pathetic post season performances this team puts out every year. We need to avoid the freaking Yankees at all costs. So what are the big spring battles this year. I take it Gibson will start in AAA. SLowey and Wicked Nick battle for #5 spot? What bull pen going to look like now. Looks like TB man is doing decent so far in spring. Does Hughes got any shot to make it. How is new 2b doing?

Hughes hit a homer today. Sounds like he has a good chance to make the team over Plouffe. Gibson and Benson were sent down today, but I think Gibson will be back before the year's up. Let's face it, somebody's going to get hurt! I think Revere will start at AAA this year, just so he can play every day. Man, he sure can fly! Beat out a double-play grounder today that extended the inning, and led to another run. My hometown boy Brian Dinkelman is hanging in there--I think they really want to see what he can do--but he hasn't been hitting well this spring. Slowey pitched well today, but I still don't know who'll win #5 between him and Nick. Gonna be a tough decision unless someone gets hurt! (better quit saying that!)

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I read that Gardy said Blackie AKA Wicked Nick ls lock for the rotation. That now it's down to Baker or Slowey for 5th spot. I can see Twins trying to deal Baker.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Just a question for the Twins fans - where's Angel Morales? Is he still in the Twins' AAA?
Thought I would see him play in Spring Training this year - what are your thoughts on him?

Members online

Latest posts