Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Greg Cleveland said:
The red for $5?? Great pick up! I'm waiting for the mailman to bring a new addition to the G-Man collection. A rarity I never thought I'd see.

Yeah I probably check every night to see if any new Span's show up and with TC just releasing at the time I was trying to pick up as many parallel's as I could. It was thrown up with a BIN/BO of $9.99 and I thought that was good. I figured I'd try my luck and throw an offer of $5 up and see what happens and the next morning I woke up and got it :cool:

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Got this one in yesterday.

ajax.jpg

1984 Ajax Dog Food. Weird thing about this card, I've seen it on some checkists for Gaetti, but it's not listed on Beckett's checklist, or other lists I've found either. Its not in the 2009 SCD Annual, but swore I've seen it in a guide before. Dug out my 2005 SCD, and there they are. Since they were not an authorized set, they are not given any value. (By 2009, the sets were dropped from SCD!) There is a six-card set from 1983 that features Ripken-B&W pic, cap letters, thick black border, thin stock paper--and the 1984 set looks like mine. (same dog and everything) Looking at completed auctions, there was a Ripken that went for $30! So I don't know how legit these are, but they're out there, and I'm glad to cross it off the list either way.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
And for Gopher fans..
SethRosin2010DonrussEliteExtraEditionEmeraldStatusDie-CutAutod24-25.jpg

I just peed a little...

If anyone is interested, my Gopher totals for EEE are:

Rosin: 3
Knudson: 3
Kvasnicka: 1

Never met Rosin, but Knudson and Kvas are really nice. Gopher's released their schedule not too long ago, and I will be at the last day of the Dairy Queen Classic, Senior Day, and I am going to try and make the alum game. No Target Field for the boys this year.

Found out the reason that Matyas didn't have an EEE card this year... he didn't sign! I think he was drafted last year way down.

If anyone has any base of these guys, LMK!

As for my last Twins Mailday, I bought the Tyner and the Morales (I didn't have any of these, but I needed the Morales the most) and the Parmalee and Robinson were freebies (I needed the Parmalee pretty bad).

Picture1107.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Well I have been waiting the last few weeks to just post my recent pickups in one post. Well today's mail was extra nice for me so today is the day! Also got my box of BC in that I will be breaking later.

DannyValencia2010ToppsUpdate.jpg

x2 (Without realizing it I have gotten together a pretty nice stash of Gutierrez. Hopefully he pans out!)
CarlosGutierrez2008BowmanChromeDraftProspectsAuto.jpg

CarlosGutierrez2008BowmanChromeDraftProspectsRefractorAutod379-500.jpg

2010BowmanChromeTopps100GoldRefractord08-50.jpg

x2
2010BowmanChromeProspectsRefractord334-500.jpg

AndersonHidalgo2010BowmanChromeProspectsBlueRefractord141-150.jpg

2010ToppsProDebutBlued058-259.jpg

And for my Denard Span pickups:
2010Topps206MiniPolarBear.jpg

2010ToppsChromePurpleRefractord198-599.jpg

2008ToppsHeritageChromeBlackRefractord46-59.jpg

2010BowmanChromeGoldRefractord16-50.jpg

And today's mail...

2010ToppsTripleThreadsAuto-Relicd40-99.jpg

2010ToppsTripleThreadsSepiaAuto-Relicd28-75.jpg

2010ToppsTripleThreadsGoldAuto-Relicd25-25.jpg

Thanks for looking! Let's see what other Twins stuff people have been picking up out there!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Well, the Twins made some "pick ups" today, by adding a few young ones to the 40-Man roster.

Chris Parmelee
David Bromberg
Joe Benson
Rene Tosoni

In addition to their roster moves, the Twins also signed seven players to Minor League free-agent deals, with invitations to Spring Training. Two of them, right-hander Kyle Waldrop and backstop Jair Fernandez, were previously in the organization and were re-signed after becoming six-year free agents. Five other players, left-hander Phil Dumatrait, right-hander Yorman Bazardo, and infielders Jeff Bailey, Justin Huber and Chase Lambin, were also signed and invited to camp.

So we'll see what happens to these young ones in 2011. 'Specially Benson and Parmelee.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Got this in the mail today.

dv.jpg

Decided to nail a $4. BIN for this, instead of buying more Wal-Mart boxes I can't afford to do. The other parallels--gold, chrome, refractors are getting mad money like we all thought they would. $4 is looking good to me!

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Nice pickup on the Valencia. I only have one base of his. I haven't bought any Topps Update yet this year but I took a trip to Target the other day and bought my girlfriend an Update Rack and she pulled a Valencia. I want to pick up some of his parallels, most likely a Gold but that's gonna have to wait until he has more cards out so they go down a bit.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
carlitoson said:
Looks like the Twins won the right to negotiate with Nishioka. Link

I saw that. Haven't seen anything on him and don't know what to expect, but I keep hearing Chone Figgins. If that's the case then this could be a very good move for them to replace Hudson at 2B. But the question I have is will he actually want to come to MN?

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Got this beauty in the mail today. Picked it up at what I thought was a great price. Have also gotten some other stuff in but figured this would do for now. Enjoy!

MaxKepler2010BowmanChromeProspectsOrangeRefractord21-25.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Just won a Knudson die cut/25

I am also starting to get my Twins purchased for Twins Fest. Got 2 Beresford, 2 Gibson, 2 McCallum and a few others... Hoping to nab a Sano base... but I am also going to get him on a mini helmet.

Members online

Latest posts