Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ANNOUNCING: FCB Group, Box, and Case breaks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Where your dollars go is up to you Jeff, FCB is trying some new ventures. Its not a bad idea. AIC does his thing as a pro. No one is trying to replace him. A little variety is the spice of life. It honestly cant hurt. AS far as profit I would disagree if BMC is doing a job for fcb he should be compensated, no? No one is looking to get rich here just wanna do some more breaks.

He can be compensated. However, -=I=- don't want to, and won't, compensate him based on how I've been treated in the past, and as such, will stick with a proven commodity in Mr. Lederman.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
understood not a problem

He can be compensated. However, -=I=- don't want to, and won't, compensate him based on how I've been treated in the past, and as such, will stick with a proven commodity in Mr. Lederman.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I am so glad I found out last week that BusterPosey is of the female pursuasion because if I didnt know this the whole last few pages of this thread would have grossed me out to no end!! :)

Edited to add I was posting this at the same time as Chris posted his ultimatum

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] - personal opinion - YOU need to eliminate some of the people in this thread from FCB or some of the GOOD people in this thread are going to eliminate themselves from FCB. It's your call but this place is going downhill fast and this is the exact reason.

You have Jeff who twists and turns every thread he enters into a line of hostility and negativity and you have this other posey person who seems to involve herself in a negative way in every single thread on here.

I personally am tired of it and I'd consider myself one of the people who brings something positive to FCB. I like a lot of the good people here, but they are disappearing quickly. You'd do your whole user base a favor by getting rid of these people that are costing you valued members.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bill we are working on it. Jeff posts was valid but the intent was clear.

@cgilmo - personal opinion - YOU need to eliminate some of the people in this thread from FCB or some of the GOOD people in this thread are going to eliminate themselves from FCB. It's your call but this place is going downhill fast and this is the exact reason.

You have Jeff who twists and turns every thread he enters into a line of hostility and negativity and you have this other posey person who seems to involve herself in a negative way in every single thread on here.

I personally am tired of it and I'd consider myself one of the people who brings something positive to FCB. I like a lot of the good people here, but they are disappearing quickly. You'd do your whole user base a favor by getting rid of these people that are costing you valued members.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
@cgilmo - personal opinion - YOU need to eliminate some of the people in this thread from FCB or some of the GOOD people in this thread are going to eliminate themselves from FCB. It's your call but this place is going downhill fast and this is the exact reason.

All I asked was who was profiting. I was willing to give money to and assist FCB, not one particular person. It was the moderator who decided he wanted to become argumentative. I complied.

And I'm sorry, Bill . . . is it a good person who bids on an auction, then posts about how the card is potentially fake so that the good person can win the auction at a depressed price? Just checking.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Intent?

Look at how I responded to Gilmore's response to me, then look at how I responded when the moderator felt like being argumentative?

You want to read a lot of things into posts that Posey and I wrote, that just aren't there. The girl was excited that Leaf product was going to be cheaper. (why she was excited about Leaf I have no idea but that's a whole other issue). Her excitement was quashed by said moderator. Good wayto build the userbase.

Last edited:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Its easy to see Jeff. No need to go into it here. Your question was answered.
Intent?

Look at how I responded to Gilmore's response to me, then look at how I responded when the moderator felt like being argumentative?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I can understand Jeffs confusion and thank him for asking the question. I also thought this was an official FCB thing. That would be cool, but its not what I assumed. I assumed the boxes were from the retail store or the $ went straight to FCB. It wasn't clear until someone asked and now we know.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008

PoseyBuster's initial posts were valid as well. At least until bmc accused her of trolling and baiting. Then things went haywire per normal PoseyBuster fashion. Honestly, I would have equated "Direct" with "Cheaper" when it comes to Leaf considering the limited print runs of some product. Given this was an "Announcement" thread a certain amount of questions, even overly simple questions, should have been expected and responses from the OP didn't need to question the intent.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I agree it wasnt a bad question. In the end it will always benefit FCB. BMC is running breaks on behalf of FCB. Simple as that. Same as AIC has done for years. My hope is that BMC does as good as AIC has. AIC has set the perfect example of how to run breaks

I can understand Jeffs confusion and thank him for asking the question. I also thought this was an official FCB thing. That would be cool, but its not what I assumed. I assumed the boxes were from the retail store or the $ went straight to FCB. It wasn't clear until someone asked and now we know.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

Well it is a FCB thing in that Bryan is doing this from the FCB store and getting his wax from me.

He's also a really good personal friend of mine, and this is something we are doing together. That said, he's gonna take the lead on it.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

The user got suspended. This thread is at an end as well, having been derailed.

I'm gonna read back through it and possibly dish out a few more suspensions. I'm tired of this XXXX.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
If the goal of this is to drive traffic to the boards, I would have to say that there are probably different areas that would help more than adding another case breaker. There was only one hot list posted in August. The podcast is dead (again), and the vintage files or Collector spotlight type of articles were interesting and captivating, but are both also dead. One can go on twitter and find hundreds of people a night that are breaking cases, but informative articles about the hobby or collectors are few and far between.

If the goal is to make the website a little more profitable, then this is probably a good idea and I wish you luck. But if you are going to be concentrating on mostly non baseball stuff, don't you think there is a reason that Andrew is advertising these types of breaks on a different site now? If he can't fill them here, then I hope you have a plan on how you are going to be doing things differently, as it obviously isn't his service or reputation that wasn't getting them filled.

I hope you don't take these as shots, or trolling, or anything other than my humble opinion.

people to write them are also few and far between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online