Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone else notice something different on completed auctions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Not enough characters in the subject line but I've noticed that you can no longer enlarge the ebay pictures on an item when the item ends. Wonder why ebay decided to do this? Is there an opt out that I can use to see the bigger scans after an item has ended?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ChasHawk said:
If this is really that big of an issue, then create an ebay folder and save the pics while the auction is live

Or eBay can just leave **** alone and stop doing things that create problems and more work for people who use their service.

That's a better idea.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Ya know, its kind of hard to research an item that you have off all you can see in completed listings is a one inch by one inch picture.

Also, not all things on eBay are baseball cards where you can tell what it is by a tiny scan.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's a real hoot having to hold my magnifying glass up to the screen, I tell ya.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Definitely noticed it and already hate it. It's annoying, but I'm sure the mice running ebay found some good reason for it. They'll change it over and over and over, so this will pass too.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
The small picture means less disk space used per listing on Ebay's archive data servers. This saves them money.

Or maybe they were receiving too many "not as described" complaints from buyers that got scammed by unscrupulous sellers using pictures from other people's ended listings. Just a thought...

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I have to agree what ChasHawk has been saying, unfortunately although this is crap for buyers and sellers alike, it is best for eBay certainly. We had a discussion about Topps and some mistakes they've made but just like eBay will do what's best for eBay Topps will do what's best for Topps, thankfully this is a minor inconvenience and nothing bigger.

ctmike

Oct 9, 2009
Connecticut
cmnkb8 said:
The small picture means less disk space used per listing on Ebay's archive data servers. This saves them money.

This is the most likely scenario. Space costs money. Any chance to save it will be in their best interest, and most likely utilized.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I'm glad I found this thread. I noticed this the other day and was starting to think I changed some settings or was doing something wrong. At least now I know I'm not crazy :shock:

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
What about auctions that had more than one picture? So far I haven't been able to figure out how to look at the additional pictures in completed auctions.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm waiting for some bs statement from them which ends with "or for 10 cents, you can select the large picture option."

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
I wish someone could come up with a good eBay alternative... they just have too much traffic though to make a startup site work well

Members online

Latest posts