Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone notice the 2010 BC plates are not reversed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
BG- Thanks for the info.

However, I have heard of doing products digitally and the going back and making the plates after the fact to create an insert. We do and will not.

I assume you throwing a name out there wouldn't be good for you. How about a game of Hangman? ;)

So Donruss,Topps and UD. BG stated Topps does use plates. Saw a few "dirty" Donruss plates. So UD perhaps? Hmm...

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
MartinFFcollector said:
BG- Thanks for the info.

However, I have heard of doing products digitally and the going back and making the plates after the fact to create an insert. We do and will not.

I assume you throwing a name out there wouldn't be good for you. How about a game of Hangman? ;)

So Donruss,Topps and UD. BG stated Topps does use plates. Saw a few "dirty" Donruss plates. So UD perhaps? Hmm...

Absolutely not. I once had a digital printer tell me they had done it before for someone. I have no first hand knowledge.
MOST products today are printed off-set press and have real plates. BG

aric

Apr 29, 2009
Why is this still being debated? Juddy has spoken and he has no reason to lie or pretend like he knows what he is talking about. ;)

In all seriousness, thanks for the info BG. My opinion is that there probably exists both in our hobby; plates that were actually used in manufacturing and plates that were created for the sole purpose of being inserted. How to tell on from the other, minus the presense of ink, who knows?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I was under the impression that printing with these plates creates a better final product. Maybe not. :?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
MartinFFcollector said:
So some plates are used others are just a gimmick. I buy that. After a little research I found this kinda interesting.

How did the sticker get yellow?

They applied the signed sticker then printed cards? huh?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ARODYS-VIZCAINO...0464720520?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2c5894fe88

hmmwhat.jpg

backyell.jpg
How do you know (unless you pulled it) that the ink was on the card before packed out and not after? Just asking not trying to be a dick.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
aric said:
Why is this still being debated? Juddy has spoken and he has no reason to lie or pretend like he knows what he is talking about. ;)

In all seriousness, thanks for the info BG. My opinion is that there probably exists both in our hobby; plates that were actually used in manufacturing and plates that were created for the sole purpose of being inserted. How to tell on from the other, minus the presense of ink, who knows?

Because what he is stating directly contradicts the statements on the cards themselves.

The cards state "This is the actual [color] printing plate used to manufacture card..."

An apparent ex-employee, who few of us know, stated they are not, in fact, used to manufacture the cards anymore.

It is the same with Game-used. If the card states it is game-used, and an employee comes on and says they aren't, it's gonna cause a stir.

They started making Manufactured Logos/Patches/Bats, and state that they are manufactured. No problem, you know they are made up.

These plates still say they are used, so they should be.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
This is all great information, but I still would like to know why they aren't reversed images this year. That makes no sense and is why this whole debate started.

Jul 30, 2009
Im no expert but doesnt the camera icon in the LEFT corner show the seller copied the image and flipped it?

I guess hes going to print it out or something. !B8BzPRgBGk~$(KGrHqIOKp!Ey+jC)vD2BM1196blTQ~~_12.jpg

brumbach

MartinFFcollector said:

I find it interesting that this says that the plate was specifically used in the printing of that card.

I have a 2005 Topps Total Football plate that says:
"This press plate is one of four specific color plates used exclusively in the manufacturing process of trading cards.
The four colors, represented by cyan, magenta, yellow, and black, are a true one-of-a-kind collectible"
scan0005.jpg

It reads like a trick question on a standardized test, there is nothing explicitly stated in that statement that the plate was used to make the actual 2005 Topps Total cards. It's slimy and vague, plates like this are used to make trading cards, like something describing a replica in a museum or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts