Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

August 2022 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Have been buying too much, but couldn't pass these up. A couple of Jeters for the semi-PC/trade box.

1. 2002 Studio Masterstrokes Artist's Proofs #23 Derek Jeter/100 -- Case is scratched. Card is sharp, image is blurry because it is made to look like it was painted with one of those early brushstroke filters. Dual GU, baseball and base.

2. 2002 Fleer Showcase Derek Jeter Legacy Collection Memorabilia #2 D.Jeter YC Combo Jsy/175
-- Another dual GU card with majors and minor league worn jersey, limited to 175 print run and part of the multi-set Jeter Legacy Collection.

PXL_20220824_181152673.jpgPXL_20220824_181216629.jpg

Last edited:

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Bits and pieces of set builds today. Big mail day coming tomorrow

2001 GoTG Monte Irvin

Monte Irvin.jpg

1997 Pinnacle Certified Lasting Impressions Roger Clemens - As you'll be able to see from the first picture the peel on this one was barely hanging on. I peel 95% of the stuff with a peel anyway but this one looked awful with it on.
11 Roger Clemens.jpg11 Roger Clemens.jpg

1997 Zenith Z-Team Ken Griffey Jr
1997 Zenith Z Team Ken Griffey Jr.jpg

1996 Pinnacle 1st Rate Ken Griffey Jr
Ken Griffey Jr.jpg

1997 Donruss Rocket Launchers - I honestly don't remember this set and I should.
8 Jeff Bagwell.jpg 6 Juan Gonzalez.jpg

1997 Finest Gold Embossed Die Cut Paul Molitor
173 Paul Molitor GE DC.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nate Thurmond. Thurmond.jpg

Really happy to have this one. I may someday see how close I can come to completing everything 1978 (mainstream) that was issued or dated 1978. It was my beginning to a lifelong hobby that has brought me a great deal of enjoyment from. Love the Kellogg's cards, but never had a lot. The curling and cracking has turned me off and aside from the factory sets I got in 1979-80 and beyond, I don't have too terribly many older ones. I like the 78 design the best and unfortunately is a year w/o Garvey too. Still a great set. 3 cards not shown but are part of the set. The only cracked card is Eroc Soderholm. now I need to find an uncracked one to complete this set.

78-1.jpg78-2.jpg78-3.jpg78-4.jpg78-5.jpg78.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
082622.jpg
1995 A's California Highway Patrol McGwire, completes the team set. These are quite hard to find, though there is another similar CHP set from around the same time that seems even tougher. Mickey Cochrane gets me within 1 of the 2005 Artifacts Blue/100 team set. And these Topps Manufacted World Series Ring Relics cards from last year are very difficult...I settled for this /70 parallel of Dave Stewart because I've only tracked down one of the five A's in the "base" set so far. I'll keep at it!

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
More pieces to the 2001 GoTG set build including my first SP with the Brock /400. I also don't understand the Dave Parker at all. It's already an authenticated auto so why sub it just for authentication? Oh well for some reason it was $21 instead of the usual $40 so I'll crack a slab and move on. I was actually expecting about 6 other really nice autos today but they got hung up in the mail so tomorrow.
Lou Brock SP.jpgMookie Wilson.jpgDave Parker Slab.jpg

1998 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cut - Shiny? Check. Die Cut? Check. PC player? Check. Pacific stuff is so underrated.
1998 Pacific Gold Crown Die Cut.jpg

1994 Flair Hot Numbers Cal Ripken - The best looking Hot Numbers set. I said it. It's even better than the 3-D Lenticular basketball set.
8 Cal Ripken Jr.jpg

dawgpack

Jan 1, 2013
Another pretty good day...more coming too.

Teresa Weatherspoon. View attachment 341130.

View attachment 341132
Cepeda as an Athletic.

I don't find myself buying too many non-sighed cards these days. The autograph card line has completely sucked me in. However, a throwback to my pack days and when I was chasing both insert sets and Marshall Faulk. This is a Gold Medallion version of this acetate Rising Stars card. I'll always love the innovative inserts of the 90s and beyond, but there just isn't that strong draw anymore unless someone inked up my card!

View attachment 341134

That is a nice Faulk card! 90’s football inserts are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Well five of the six I was expecting showed up today

2002 Fleer Classic Cuts - I actually found out about this set while working on the 2001 GoTG set. Fleer used unredeemed 2001 Fleer GOTG autos for the Cut autos in this set. You can see the Gold border in the cut window of each player's card.
This set is only 9 cards and five of them are SPs. Of these four, Brooks is /200, Rollie Fingers is /35, and Perry is /225. Cey isn't SP'd but the print run wasn't released.
Brooks Robinson.jpgRollie Fingers.jpg Ron Cey.jpgGaylord Perry.jpg

Another for my rebuild of my 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures set as well
Al Kaline Blue Ink Front.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Went out of town for a long weekend, so this is actually 4 days worth of mail (including todays). it's pretty massive though. Probably will need at least a 2nd post, if not a 3rd.

Bench Penn patch (+ Winfield) to take another off the wantlist. Bench Penn.pngs-l1600.png

A few Significant Sigs. Always wanted to complete this set and should have focused more attention back in the day. It's too bad a couple guys signed the backs! I was going to show F. Robby in the Dodger thread, but he really belongs here with the rest of the gang.Gibson F.jpgGibson B.jpgs-l1600-1.jpgF Robby.jpg

Syndergaard /5. Syndergaard 5.jpg

Tenace /99. Tenace 99.jpg

Finally snagged a Lewis for my AS/Award winner collection that has been neglected, at a decent price. K Lewis.jpg

This is an under rated set in my opinion. The Madlock is crazy awesome! Super Star Set.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The dual sided Co-Signers, always a fun pick up. Rolen.jpgJeffries.jpg

Some football goodness. This is the Dawson I really wanted when I heard he was heading into Hospice. He died before this ended, but still got a decent deal on it. s-l1600.jpg
Wanted an Emmitt Smith auto for a while now, but they are pricy!!! Not the best card, but still "pack" certified. These sheets were available for $20 back in 1993, I paid a bit more but still probably the cheapest ES on the bay. Limited to 7500 of them.
Smith Sheet.jpg
Youngblood.jpg

And some basketball goodness...
Lucas.pngHawkins.jpgLieberman Lady Magic.jpgLieberman.jpgGilmore.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Lots of randomness today with some custom TTM autos and some football holograms

1991 Upper Deck Game Breakers Holograms - I love holograms so why not. Got the whole set for less than $10 delivered.
1991 Upper Deck Game Breakers.jpg

Custom TTM autos

Hector Valle - Played 9 games for the Dodgers in 1965 and then never got back to the bigs.
Hector Valle.jpg

Julia Ruth customs - I don't know normally go out of my way to get autos of baseball players kids but Julia was the one mostly responsible for what we think of as "The Babe" legacy so this was neat to add. She was 101 when she signed these so I can't be upset about her signature running off the Goudey.
Julia Ruth Called Shot.jpgJulia Ruth Goudey.jpg

Cool Papa Bell Auto/Relic - This one has a nice cut sig of Cool plus dirt from Stars Field in St. Louis embedded in it.
Cool Papa Bell Auto-Relic.jpg

Dana Rettke - My buddy always throws in a few random custom autos. I had no idea who Miss Rettke was but apparently she's one heck of a volleyball player, she's 6'8" tall, and plays professionally in Italy now.
Dana Rettke.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
083022.jpg
The Nady Mirror Blue hat card is 05/40, it completes all three versions (regular, fabric, auto) of the Mirror Red, Blue, and Gold cards for him. I also have 2 of the 3 Mirror Emerald/5 cards (missing the auto) but none of the Mirror Black 1/1's. My second 1999 Precious Metal Gem in 8 days is a great addition to my Tom Goodwin collection. The plate is a Jason Windsor card from 2006 Bowman Chrome, a prospect that never panned out. Speaking of which, the Renato Nunez is a "just wait it out and eventually it'll be cheap" pickup, $7.50 plus shipping.

dawgpack

Jan 1, 2013
Lots of randomness today with some custom TTM autos and some football holograms

1991 Upper Deck Game Breakers Holograms - I love holograms so why not. Got the whole set for less than $10 delivered.
View attachment 341374

Custom TTM autos

Hector Valle - Played 9 games for the Dodgers in 1965 and then never got back to the bigs.
View attachment 341375

Julia Ruth customs - I don't know normally go out of my way to get autos of baseball players kids but Julia was the one mostly responsible for what we think of as "The Babe" legacy so this was neat to add. She was 101 when she signed these so I can't be upset about her signature running off the Goudey.
View attachment 341376View attachment 341377

Cool Papa Bell Auto/Relic - This one has a nice cut sig of Cool plus dirt from Stars Field in St. Louis embedded in it.
View attachment 341378

Dana Rettke - My buddy always throws in a few random custom autos. I had no idea who Miss Rettke was but apparently she's one heck of a volleyball player, she's 6'8" tall, and plays professionally in Italy now.
View attachment 341379

The Game Breakers set is great! Brings back memories. I’ve had my set for 30 years built from the packs I opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Last mail day of August 2022

2001 Fleer Greats of the Game Gaylord Perry - Slowly making headway. I'm hoping to be to the halfway mark by the end of the year.
Gaylord Perry.jpg

1995 Fleer Ultra Rising Star Jerome Bettis and Jeff Blake - Well....one of them worked out anyway.
1 Jerome Bettis.jpg2 Jeff Blake.jpg

Some washed up first baseman rookie and rookie year cards
2001 Upper Deck Albert Pujols.jpg2001 Fleer Platinum Team Leader 1.jpg2001 Fleer Platinum Team Leader 2.jpg