Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA Hotlist 7/8 (pie in my face!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Thought for sure that Julio Borbon would be the blast from the past.

Last 10: 18/42 (.429), 12 R, 2 2B, 3 3B, 7 RBI, 5 SB

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
That's Crucial said:
Dear Gentlemen, thank you for your interest in Kappa Alpha. We regret to inform you that we have no interest in sponsoring you at Adams. In the future we recommend you not include a group photo.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Plenty of people question lists like these when they come out. Jaypers is not the only one. Yet it seems like he is being ruled out for some reason. LLWesMan appears to have a vendetta against Jaypers for whatever reason. All it comes down to is simple thread hijacking. Everytime Jaypers posts a thread LLWesMan hijacks the thread and forces an argument. If that kind of thing ever happened to me I would surely leave this community. the fact that this antagonizing form of posting is happening by a global mod is a shame.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Man I hardly click on the Hot Sheet threads. I sure picked a good one to read today...or are you prospects always so edgy?

Wes

OG
Administrator
bdal23 said:
Plenty of people question lists like these when they come out. Jaypers is not the only one. Yet it seems like he is being ruled out for some reason. LLWesMan appears to have a vendetta against Jaypers for whatever reason. All it comes down to is simple thread hijacking. Everytime Jaypers posts a thread LLWesMan hijacks the thread and forces an argument. If that kind of thing ever happened to me I would surely leave this community. the fact that this antagonizing form of posting is happening by a global mod is a shame.

Everytime? Welcome aboard the hyperbolic train. A quick search shows that I've actually only posted in 2 of his last 17 threads. But you might as well go ahead and exaggerate so that you can be an internet hero.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
bdal23 said:

The fact that he is a mod is a shame.

Keep posting your thoughts JP. That's what these threads are about.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
LLWesMan said:
bdal23 said:

Everytime? Welcome aboard the hyperbolic train. A quick search shows that I've actually only posted in 2 of his last 17 threads. But you might as well go ahead and exaggerate so that you can be an internet hero.

Wes, are you upset that everyone else thinks that Familia Sucks and will be reliever? I realize your scouting abilities tell you that he has TWO plus pitches, but that might just be wrong. It is funny that you are giving JP a hard time after just yesterday your were griping about BA's list. Give it a rest. Cheer up :D

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Why are mods not allowed to have opinions? Why are mods not allowed to have disagreements?

I don't understand why everyone acts like mods are supposed to be basically seen and not heard. Unless they are kissing everyone's asses. Mods enforce the TOS, help with transactions, make sure everything is going smooth, etc. Nowhere does it say that mods cannot have opinions, discussions, or disagreements. I never understand why people get all butthurt if a mod has a disgreement with someone.

Had anyone else had this disagreement with JP, they would have just been called another "hater" of the prospect prophet and life would have went on. The fact that Wes is a mod, holy crap, he's destroying the community. People need to realize that mods can have opinions, discussions, and disagreements just like any other board member on FCB.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
muskiesfan said:
Why are mods not allowed to have opinions? Why are mods not allowed to have disagreements?

I don't understand why everyone acts like mods are supposed to be basically seen and not heard. Unless they are kissing everyone's asses. Mods enforce the TOS, help with transactions, make sure everything is going smooth, etc. Nowhere does it say that mods cannot have opinions, discussions, or disagreements. I never understand why people get all butthurt if a mod has a disgreement with someone.

Had anyone else had this disagreement with JP, they would have just been called another "hater" of the prospect prophet and life would have went on. The fact that Wes is a mod, holy crap, he's destroying the community. People need to realize that mods can have opinions, discussions, and disagreements just like any other board member on FCB.

The fact you are disparaging JP in your own comments is what I find odd, calling him a "prospect prophet". Mods typically don't go around name calling others as that would basically would encourage the behavoir.

You can have arguments fine but Mods name calling basically gives others free passes to act much worse and soon it will nuclear war or the old Beckett boards again.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Not that LLWesMan needs any help or vindication here, but all he said at first was..

"Baseball America sends their apologies that their list doesn't match yours, again."

And I thought it was somewhat comical, but I guess JP though otherwise because he replied..

"Who pissed in your Cheerios the past couple of days? Take your condescending posts and shove them."

And to me, that was uncalled for.

Either way, I always enjoy a good JP knocking as well as a bickering match so all is good with me.

As for the list, I thought it was a solid one. I think everyone can agree that the talent is so diverse, and quantified in so many different ways that its all but impossible to make a collectively spot on list everyone will 100% agree on.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Ya know, this list makes the fact that I lost this card even tougher... :cry:

KGrHqYOKiIE13kgypfcBNeDCTSTpw_12.jpg

Members online

Latest posts