Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET 5/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
braden said:
Jaypers said:
Royals fans, rejoice. Brewers fans, do this - ::facepalm::

I think seeing Greinke make his Milwaukee debut healed any pain.

+1. Jake Odorizzi had a good week, but is in Hi A and has a ways to go to make it as a solid big league starter. He was traded for a true, legit, #1. I think Brewers fans have plenty to be happy for, especially seeing how Alcides(slugging .280) and Lorenzo Cain don't exactly look to be outstanding guys.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
We have a Mikey sighting.

Michael (Raleigh): Finally, a Shawn Tolleson mention. How much longer in the Midwest League for him? Next jump AA ball on the outside looking in at a September call-up? Or am I greatly overestimating a fast track for this former blue-chip high school prospect?

Jim Shonerd: He's a guy the Dodgers thought could move quickly as a reliever, and that looks like it could be playing out that way. I wouldn't predict him to reach the majors this year, but getting to Double-A isn't unrealistic, perhaps going straight from low A. His numbers are pretty ridiculous.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Jaypers said:
SamHell said:
Good to see the Myrtle Beach rotation get a mention. They started the year with a rotation of Neil Ramirez, Robbie Erlin, Joe Wieland, Robbie Ross and Barrett Loux. Tough! Neil has moved on up and Ryan Kelly taken his place. A downgrade but he has potential. I would bet Justin Grimm joins their rotation before the year is over. The Rangers have started moving some guys out of extended spring and they will need some Hickory rotation spots to open up.

Were you as surprised as I was that Wieland didn't make the Hot Sheet or Team Photo?

I was until I realized his 4-29 start would be considered: 6IP 8H 5ER. Badler did give him a mention in the prospect blog.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
I'm going to wait on a few more Greinke starts before I faceplam it. But I take your meaning...

Now, the Marcum-Lawrie swap I'm MORE than happy with so far.

Don't blame you. I have a feeling this trade may end up being one of those ones that benefit both teams.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
We have a Mikey sighting.

Michael (Raleigh): Finally, a Shawn Tolleson mention. How much longer in the Midwest League for him? Next jump AA ball on the outside looking in at a September call-up? Or am I greatly overestimating a fast track for this former blue-chip high school prospect?

Jim Shonerd: He's a guy the Dodgers thought could move quickly as a reliever, and that looks like it could be playing out that way. I wouldn't predict him to reach the majors this year, but getting to Double-A isn't unrealistic, perhaps going straight from low A. His numbers are pretty ridiculous.
I do find the phrase "thought could move quickly as a reliever" conflicting a bit with the fact that he was a 30th rounder.

Either way, I'd be stoked for him to reach the Dodgers at some point.

soulax5

Sep 23, 2010
So Oregon
markakis8 said:
SEAN BURROUGHS?!?!?! LMAO - wow.

It'd be awesome if he made it.

I used to watch him when he played AAA in Portland, after he tanked my PC grew exponentially as I could get what I wanted for dirt cheap. Would love to see him succeed.

Members online

Latest posts