Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Backdoored 2012 Superfractors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Really too bad to see this. But if they were stolen from the printer, (I realize that stated is just conecture), but how can Topps control that? Put a tracking device on every card? Where there are valuables, there is theft.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Really too bad to see this. But if they were stolen from the printer, (I realize that stated is just conecture), but how can Topps control that? Put a tracking device on every card? Where there are valuables, there is theft.

Stopping it might be tough. But should they not recover these?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
The seller had a Pujols that ended last night; unfortunately I have a Pujols I acquired a couple weeks ago that I just discovered is also unnumbered. A third Pujols was sold recently by a third seller, I fired off an email to the winner of that auction to see if that one has numbering.

This seller claims he started a brand new eBay account for an unusual reason.

Edit: The Pujols I acquired came from Dallas.

Last edited:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If these cards are being stolen from the printer, then Topps needs to contact its contract partner and demand that this problem is addressed.

Clarka3

Dec 20, 2012
could it be possible that this guy is just making the customs himself? I've seen some people make some amazing custom supers.

Obviously, if he's making customs but playing them off as authentic, that's still a problem.

WaxPax

Not a bad thought, except I would think for all the trouble in making them, you would see all big names if you were to do that..I can see the sano and Pujols, not the Terdoslavich or May

could it be possible that this guy is just making the customs himself? I've seen some people make some amazing custom supers.

Obviously, if he's making customs but playing them off as authentic, that's still a problem.

Clarka3

Dec 20, 2012
Not a bad thought, except I would think for all the trouble in making them, you would see all big names if you were to do that..I can see the sano and Pujols, not the Terdoslavich or May

well, maybe it's the "hockey" mentality. There are some super obscure guys that sell very well for a few reasons: scarcity of cards and nationality.

maybe this guy is doing some no-names to try and get the supercollectors to jump after it thinking it's authentic.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
In the fine print and the code on the back will show where the card was manufactured. I think there is a printer here in the DFW area that did the Topps Ticket to Stardom set. I haven't looked one up in awhile.
Will see if i have a platinum card around here and let you know.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is link on the topps website:
http://www.topps.com/cpsia
Enter this code from 2010 Platinum 8621001 and you get this it also comes up for several other products like Pro Debut
Looked on the back of 2012 Finest and it is not on there and the number for 2012 Bowman Platiunum is not working.

Allen, TX is in the Dallas Fort Worth area so I assume they are backdoored from this company.

Product: 2010 Bowman Platinum Baseball
CP code: 8621001
Manufacturer: Graphic Converting Texas
Manufacturer date: 10/11/10 - 10/22/10
Address: 204 E Bethany Drive, Allen TX 75002

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
"this is it boys this is war, what are we waiting for"

That line should be coming from one whitehall plaza in nyc, not only from a car stereo.

Year after year, super rare bowman/ chrome parallels are backdoored (or released thru sheets) into the hobby.

Its every year with multiple brands!
The only "good thing" is that they are lacking serial numbers making them stand apart.

But when are bogus auto'd versions gonna show up? And parallels of those?

How would it affect the hobby if forged copies of harper, zunino, darvish, hamilton, castellanos, etc etc show up autographed by a scam artist?

Now THAT would hurt the hobby.

How are those 2007 topps football rookie premiere autographs doing? Imagine that impact across the entire bc/tc/bp/bdp lines!

Instead of the fcb uproar over "rize", we should be a XXXX more concerned over ANOTHER topps XXXX up!

And so should topps.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Too bad they stopped putting holograms, etc on the backs of 1/1s and autos. Not that these couldn't be circumvented, but they did offer a certain level of security.

Members online