Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BEGINNERS FANTASY LEAGUE part 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
hoopster3977 said:
I'm in even though I haven't paid yet. The commissioner posted that funds must be paid by March 4th, so what's the rush today?
Ralph

I'm in the same boat.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I don't want scrambling in the last week to find people, for people that say they are in, but for one reason or another aren't able to get the funds in.
Maybe we should do this one for free, if people have a tough time getting $50 together? I am not sure it is even a good idea to be having a fee/prize if many of the players don't have the money already?

I think the league should either be for fun or for people that have $50 handy to lose....I really don't feel comfortable taking money from someone that don't have $50 handy.

I also don't like that he will wait just until a week before and see if people come up with the money, and if not, invite people from outside fcb to play.

If you are all ok with the current scenario, then maybe it's just me, and I should drop...I have been kind of on the fence anyway, as I was really just looking to see if there were enough beginners to start a league specifically for beginners...but apparently that's not the case either....oh well...i will pm craiger to drop, and reconsider next year.

jmill88

Dec 22, 2010
St. Louis, MO
hofautos said:
I don't want scrambling in the last week to find people, for people that say they are in, but for one reason or another aren't able to get the funds in.
Maybe we should do this one for free, if people have a tough time getting $50 together? I am not sure it is even a good idea to be having a fee/prize if many of the players don't have the money already?

I think the league should either be for fun or for people that have $50 handy to lose....I really don't feel comfortable taking money from someone that don't have $50 handy.

I also don't like that he will wait just until a week before and see if people come up with the money, and if not, invite people from outside fcb to play.

If you are all ok with the current scenario, then maybe it's just me, and I should drop...I have been kind of on the fence anyway, as I was really just looking to see if there were enough beginners to start a league specifically for beginners...but apparently that's not the case either....oh well...i will pm craiger to drop, and reconsider next year.

I'm sure some people are just waiting until it gets a little closer. As long as they say they are in for sure, it should be fine. No reason to drop out.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ralph the deadline is March 4th if you have any questions lmk Thanks
.....Rob

hoopster3977 said:
I'm in even though I haven't paid yet. The commissioner posted that funds must be paid by March 4th, so what's the rush today?
Ralph

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
jmill88 said:
hofautos said:

I'm sure some people are just waiting until it gets a little closer. As long as they say they are in for sure, it should be fine. No reason to drop out.
Only 4 have paid.. I can understand if 1 or 2 couldn't afford to pay, but 25% doesn't seem like much commitment to me.

I think at this time, i would prefer to drop out, and if craiger gets 11 paids and just needs one more I will be happy to jump back in, but don't want to commit now then either.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
The reason is people dont want to pay till they HAVE to
Thats why I set a deadline 16 days before the draft I felt it was fair
both ways It did not tie up there money prematurely and still leaves me time
for replacements

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
craiger122003 said:
for replacements

I actually think it is a "GOOD" idea to tie up their money, because it shows commitment, and I don't like the idea of finding replacements with non fcb members.
Again, maybe it's just me, so if that's the case, I would prefer to just drop out, and go back to agreeing to be the 12th if you have 11 fcb members and "need" me as the 12th.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
craiger122003 said:
for replacements

Exactly. I'm definitely in, just not going to pay until I have to. I won't wait until the very last day but maybe the last week. Hope that's ok.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
padremurph said:
craiger122003 said:
for replacements

Exactly. I'm definitely in, just not going to pay until I have to. I won't wait until the very last day but maybe the last week. Hope that's ok.

Maybe craiger knows everyone in the league well enough where he feels everyone will pay. It just seems a shame to me, that people aren't willing to pay to show their commitment...again, maybe it's just me.

It's fine if you wait and craiger already said so. We also have an agreement that if he doesn't have 11 paid fcb members by mar 4, then he will refund me...he said he has another backup for me already anyway.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
You will be number 2 on the backup list
Nikobaseball is number 1 on the list Thanks for the reply

richezOne said:
If you guys need a replacement (or even have a open spot) let me know.. I'd be down to play..

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
craiger122003 said:
You will be number 2 on the backup list
Nikobaseball is number 1 on the list Thanks for the reply

richezOne said:
If you guys need a replacement (or even have a open spot) let me know.. I'd be down to play..

let him in, i will drop...i think i am the only beginner anyway...i will try my hand at the public ones first...maybe it's that I am not sure I could be commited to the seaoson. :cool:

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
^^^ well worst case that i stirred this up is that you may have a couple more paids quicker, and have ready backups ;)

Enjoy all, I think i want to try public fantasy first anyway, so i see how bad I am....once I learn, I will be back next year. :D

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Fantasy Baseball

I have one open spot you want it? Lmk and I will get you the details
Thanks ...Rob

richezOne said:

Members online

Latest posts