Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

blockable ebayer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
billydkid24

won a 1.25 card, didnt receive, files a claim, i refund him without even
going thru the motions cus of amount, he leaves me a neg.

ebay is starting to suck, i have had more issues that werent issues in the last 6
months than i had in previous 10 years. oh well, sigh

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
boomo said:
billydkid24

ebay is starting to suck, i have had more issues that werent issues in the last 6

Just took another ebay survey...."Likelihood of recommending ebay to a friend----answer 1. Ebay has gotten really bad, imho.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
I really dont like the star feedback system where you have maintain above 4.7(or something) to continue selling. Essentially trying to force you to pay for shipping to increase their profits. Ebay is attempting to squeeze out the small sellers to become more like amazon.com.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
If you offer me the Hendersons you get, we can eliminate Ebay :) . I am bidding on your Hendersons that you have listed. Ebay needs to allow sellers to give neg feedback, and reinstate people id's. That is the one I hate the most. I used to make a lot of deals through being able to contact other auction winners. I also dislike the star system.

72skywalker

Aug 4, 2010
boomo said:
billydkid24

So how is that Ebay's fault because the guy filed a claim???

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's ebay's fault in a way. For sellers, if everything is going to hinge on their FB and star rating, it has to be designed with just a bit more intelligence with contingency handling for situations like this. If you win a card for $1.25, don't get it, file a claim, and get a refund in a timely manner, you shouldn't be allowed to leave a negative. With ebay and paypal so intertwined, it should be a very doable thing. Yes, you might not be happy with not getting what you bought, but some things are beyond the seller's control, and sometimes things go wrong. But in this case it sounds like the seller did what he could, and the buyer hasn't lost anything. In cases like this, I've never even thought of negging a seller, and instead leave positive FB noting how he handled the situation.

Ebay's a community, and a community is only as good as the people in it, and if a guy like that is in it, the community is de facto sucky. It's too bad there's no requirement for positive proof of intelligence and maturity before you get a userID.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
72skywalker said:
boomo said:
billydkid24

So how is that Ebay's fault because the guy filed a claim???

he was referring to the negative left for him by the buyer

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
yes the only thing ebay is at fault for is allowing feedback like that to be left, just as they
blocked out the 1 star for free shipping, if a guy files a claim, i show by tracking it is lost
and refund him, negative should be blocked as there is no reason for it. I sure hope no one
here feels there is a reason for it. he probably knew it would knock me from 100 to 99.9,
and decided to be a dick. I hadn't gotten a 1 or 2 star for months, i finally got back to
top rated about a month ago, and wham i got 5 of them. Buyers must be doing stuff
on purpose for the sake of being dicks. and in the end, ebay allows it cus they set the rules
that let these buyers do the things they do. ahh, rant over

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Can't you post a follow-up to and stated it was lost and you refunded. And why does eBay not remove the neg since it was lost and you refunded. I don't understand eBay some times.

jake9494

Jun 8, 2009
boomo said:
billydkid24

I second this

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I had a buyer once leave me FB of "thanks for the Bradley Suttle auto" and then drops a NEG on me. I contacted him to find out what the problem was as the card left me in great condition, traveled via delivery confirmation, and arrived within 5 days of the close of auction. He said that he meant to leave that NEG for someone else and it was a mistake. I asked him to please change it and he said he didn't know how so I tried to explain it to him. Long story short, I contacted EBay and was told if the buyer didn't contact them or change it himself, they could do nothing about it. Again, great customer service to the sellers on Ebay.

Members online