Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Braun gets a standing O 1st AB after lying and cheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
At this point I don't even care anymore with PEDs in baseball. On top of that, nobody can honestly say they've never lied so to hold it against someone about something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things is comical.

With that said, his effort to smear another person and potentially ruin their way of life to cover up his lie is inexcusable.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
LOLOLOL

He lied and cheated at the highest level. This isn't telling your mom you did your homework, when you didnt, to compare them, is comical.

People bought what he sold. People invested time and some money in him. The brewers and season ticket holders invested in him.
This is a lot bigger than just telling a lie. And you say you don't care about cheating anymore, well, most do care and want it out of the game.

He still gets to play ball and be paid, but no one has to respect or like him. Former friends, like aaron rodgers, have called him out. Fellow players
recently passed new rules making it tougher to do what he did, because they are sick of it.

Some act like he is a one time guy. Let's be honest, he was caught twice, proven twice, but one his people found a loophole.

So this isn't really even a second chance, but a third.

Don't be shocked when he uses again.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm sorry, but lying about PEDs in MLB is not "at the highest level". Perspective....

Who the hell is comparing doing homework to lying about PEDs? Where did that come from? "Invested" in him? What did they invest in him and what did they expect in return on their "investment"?

Nobody is saying people have to respect or like him. I certainly can't find anybody who said otherwise.

Last edited:

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Of sports it is and it is seen by all.

You compared it to everyone telling a lie. We don't all call a press conference to share our lie and take shots at others. Also, he didnt just lie, he cheated. Then lied, then cheated again and confessed when caught.
Huge difference from telling a lie.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm comparing people holding a lynch mob for him telling a lie and acting like he's the devil reborn, yet I'd wager everything I own that everybody has told a lie in the past. Somewhat hypocritical don't you think?

If you'd like to compare it to homework to make it sound more important than it is, have at it. While in the military and deployed overseas as an interrogator, I was lied to multiple times with people's lives on the line. Are you going to tell me that Ryan Braun lying about PEDs is more important? Again, perspective.........

Last edited:

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
People saying they don't like or respect him, isn't a lynch mob, and it's their right.
You are correct, everyone has lied, but his is on a much higher level than most and in the sports world, it was at the highest level and it was multiple lies, over and over again.
Calling a press conference to cover your lies and lie more, is different than anything the rest of us will do. To go on the attack of others to cover your lies is on a different level than most.

Nothing against you, we just disagree.

Have a good one. I wont waste another second on the guy.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
People saying they don't like or respect him, isn't a lynch mob, and it's their right.
You are correct, everyone has lied, but his is on a much higher level than most and in the sports world, it was at the highest level and it was multiple lies, over and over again.
Calling a press conference to cover your lies and lie more, is different than anything the rest of us will do. To go on the attack of others to cover your lies is on a different level than most.

Nothing against you, we just disagree.

Have a good one. I wont waste another second on the guy.

I'm pretty sure I never said that it wasn't their right. Just makes them look like hypocrites. And that's MY right to state and believe that.

Why is it on a higher level? Because it got a lot of media coverage? Because it's *gasp* Major League Baseball? Why is his lie, repeated over and over again, more important than say, a spouse who cheats and is lying over and over again about it?

I also stated in my original post in this thread "With that said, his effort to smear another person and potentially ruin their way of life to cover up his lie is inexcusable".

I could care less about the guy, wouldn't even recognize him if I walked past him in the street. But this hypocritical holier than thou crap is absurd.

Last edited:

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Of sports it is and it is seen by all.

You compared it to everyone telling a lie. We don't all call a press conference to share our lie and take shots at others. Also, he didnt just lie, he cheated. Then lied, then cheated again and confessed when caught.
Huge difference from telling a lie.

He was suspended for the same cheating he tested positive for, not another occurrence. He may have continued to cheat, but he was suspended for the same offense he lied to cover up. The suspensions last year were based on documentation received from the "medical facility," or whatever it was called. Doesn't mean he didn't continue to cheat, but that is not known by the public (although certainly assumed by most, including myself).

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I love how people use phrases like "plain and simple" or "that's all there is to it". Because this situation isn't cut and dry and definitely not simple.

Members online

Latest posts