Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper Superfractor listed as 7 day auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
marhjan said:
The Bryce Harper Superfractor has been listed as a 7 day auction on the Bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Bowman-Chrome- ... 2a0a357a58

Should be interesting...
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_facepalm.gif

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
matchpenalty said:
Maybe seller will chime in here. But he could be out partying after the sale. Considering last time it went at auction it sold for just a little over 5k and didn't meet reserve. So to more than double that with just one guy wanting it that bad. Would be cause for seller to party all night with extra 7 grand someone was willing to pay for it.
a no sale for 5k
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_facepalm.gif
icon_facepalm.gif

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Casebusters said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
It was a strange auction in that the high bidder bid five times and also had the initial bid:
$499
$870
$3400
$5027
$12,500 (or perhaps higher, this amount happened to be the reserve price)

The winning bidder was pushing the action doubling his bids instead of trying to keep it low. Also don't normally people who bid that high use sniping programs, particularly when prospecting cards (?).

mredsox89 said:
Junior Griffey said:
Um so this ended for $12,500? What?

Um, it appears it jumped from 5K to 12.5K, even though there was only one bidder over $5K. Am I missing something?
His last bid was 10 seconds before the auction ended..So it looks like he did snipe

Looks like a manual "snipe" lol, almost every automated snipe is 6 or 7 seconds, as you may know the most serious snipers snipe twice.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
bigalbert said:
Mackdriver2099 said:
BG only offered $6750 for it and wouldnt make any other deals for it.That was the only offer he put on the table .Other people had made $8000 to $11000 offers for it which were not excepted.The reason why alot of people said they wouldnt offer higher is because at the time he didnt sign with the nationals and was afaid of him not signing.

I know I'll probably get drilled for this but one of my pet peaves is the misuse of the word excepted. It is not excepted it is accepted. I see it all the time on ebay descriptions and for some reason it bothers me.

Carry on.

Mine is Im going to " loose " my mind over this.
Man i am " loosing so bad at poker today "

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone else find it funny that BG numbers were off. BG are you full of **** or was that just an error.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
Anyone else find it funny that BG numbers were off. BG are you full of shat or was that just an error.

Honestly, it was 2-3 months ago and I still havent checked specific communications. The fact is I was willing to pay $8000+. I started at $6750 with the position I was firm. When he turned me down, I expressed interest in hearing very sharpest price. Thats when he said he turned down $10k and wanted more.
That fact (or bluff) took me out of the bidding. Bottom line, whether I actually told him or not (and I thought I did), I was an $8000 (at least) buyer immediate payment.

Good news for the seller if he actually got $12,500. I am very happy for the seller as its nice to see a gamble pay off one in a while.
Congrats to buyer and seller if indeed a trade did occur. BG

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
boomo said:
bigalbert said:
Mackdriver2099 said:
BG only offered $6750 for it and wouldnt make any other deals for it.That was the only offer he put on the table .Other people had made $8000 to $11000 offers for it which were not excepted.The reason why alot of people said they wouldnt offer higher is because at the time he didnt sign with the nationals and was afaid of him not signing.

I know I'll probably get drilled for this but one of my pet peaves is the misuse of the word excepted. It is not excepted it is accepted. I see it all the time on ebay descriptions and for some reason it bothers me.

Carry on.

Mine is Im going to " loose " my mind over this.
Man i am " loosing so bad at poker today "

Ah man, that's one of my favorites! I especially like when I read something like this....

Person A gently points out "You are stupid."

Person B responds "Well, you are a looser."

:lol:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Hasn't this thing already been up like 3 times and always gets pulled or doesn't meet reserve? The first time was big news...now it just seems like a routine that ends with no sale.

This is what happened to one of the WBC Chapman Superfractors.Every time he lists it, it sells for less than the time before.

Members online

Latest posts