Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken, Jr. collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
Very nice. Congrats!

Just picked this up the other day and with 10,000 copies out there, why is this the first one I've ever seen. I did not even know this exists. What's the story with this?
attachment.php

Given away at the 2131 game. Came in a plastic holder with a shoestring necklace.

7_018052_lg.jpeg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
That was given away at 2131? Was that the first 10,000 people in attendance or something? I was at that game with my dad as a 6th grader and we didn't get one :( Still got the ticket stub though!

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
If this doesn't invigorate the thread, then I don't know what will. Very happy to have picked these up, on the same day! Scans and pictures simply don't do these justice!

Also, I wonder if I'm the first one to complete the set backwards? Always put off the Green but now I have no excuse...

ripkencrusade_zpsb4f2072d.jpg

ripkencrusades_zps6a30dcfd.jpg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Man why is this thread so dead, where are the Ripken guys at? Anyone else still alive? If you guys are done sell me your collections :)

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Moving what is left of my collection if anyone is interested.
400+ unique Premium cards ($10+)
700+ unique Base cards ($9-)
SLU's, Bobbleheads, HOF Induction Ceremony items, Auto Bat, Books, pictures it all!!
(I have an excel list)

You can reach me here or at [email protected]

DSCF3551.jpgDSCF3550.jpgManCave1.jpgManCave2.jpgRIpkenWall.jpg

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Nice card, really wish it was serial numbered though. I know that it is stated to have a print run of 22 but the lack of a serial number just turns me off for some reason. I bought my Ripken Red Crusade from that seller and I'd rather have the crusade than the preview.

Members online

Latest posts