Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards you don't think exist but are on a checklist......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
vwnut13 said:
I forgot about this...

heroes.jpg

All of these were from retail. One of the #/125 is NOT listed in beckett. I think the unnumbered one is the charcoal in beckett.

I believce you're right. The lighter color is the charcoal. You can confirm this by looking at the base cards. The base charcoal is numbered to /399 according to Beckett, which is the lighter color.

$(KGrHqEOKi8E6(qZ4YcOBOw01GcZb!~~60_3.JPG

The base black is not numbered according to Beckett, which is the darker color.

$(KGrHqNHJBME7)6Mq7pNBPE,qLn0rg~~60_12.JPG

You can compare the colors to he jersey cards to know which is which. The charcoal jersey card numbered to /125 is not listed in Beckett.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
carrsallstars said:
Two on the Beckett checklist that I do not believe exist:

1999 Topps MVP Promotion 455 Bonds/Ramirez/Walker AT

They should exist. I've got the '99 Topps MVP Promotion 470 with McGwire on it. I have never seen another promotion from this set though. Still looking for the standalone McGwire (70).

f-6430.jpg
b-6430.jpg

4realsthough

May 28, 2010
I am a Dodgers collector and have a ton of cards on my bucket list that I haven't seen for sale but I have at least seen evidence that they exist from pics in forums, etc.

The only four cards I have NEVER seen a picture of or anything to prove they exist are:

1985 Jerry Reuss Cystic Fibrosis card
1985 MSA Thom McAn Fernando Valenzuela (colorB variation; not yellow)
1976 MSA Red Barn Andy Messersmith (Dodgers variation)
1976 MSA CRANE Andy Messersmith (Dodgers variation)

I know the Messersmith Braves variations exist but I have never seen a Dodgers one.

WaxPax

So, here is a scan of a card that does not exist.....How can this be???? Mark Trumbo 2006 Bowman Red border 1/1

The Trumbo was damaged out of the pack, you can see it on the scan near the "1st Bowman Card" logo. It was literally stuck to the other red border in the scan as they were back to back in the pack. As a result the Trumbo had some paper loss and I returned it to Topps for replacement.

TMP721-1.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
tpeichel said:
Brewer Andy":9rhsg73d][quote=onionring9] 2000 Venezuelan[/quote] Haven't been able to find ANYTHING on that listed set. Ever. [/quote] Steve has a pic of the Vizquel. [url="http://uncatalogedbaseballcards.blogspot.com/2011/11/2000-venezuelan-stickers.html said:
http://uncatalogedbaseballcards.blogspo ... ckers.html[/url]

Player Collector Alert (2000 Venezuelan stickers):
http://www.ebay.com/sch/alondra311266/m ... 4340.l2562

Seller says he has others as well[/quote:9rhsg73d]

2 down, 1 to go...booyeah!

f-6048.jpg
b-6048.jpg

f-6049.jpg
b-6049.jpg

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
TNP777 said:
'05 Turkey Red /50 gold border Cesar Izturis
'09 Upper Deck '89 Buyback Brett Butler - I too call BS that these were reissued in equal numbers. I'm not too sure that all players were even reissued at all.

Hey, I visited this thread a couple of days ago and saw this post. I know a collector friend who has a complete set of '05 Turkey Red Golds so I asked him if he can provide scans of the Izturis. He just sent me pics a few moments ago...so it does indeed exist! :cool:

izturisfront.jpg

izturisback.jpg

paintingtheblack

Feb 11, 2009
2006 Bowman Draft Chrome Travis Snider Superfractor ::facepalm::

Have been looking for this card for the last 5 years and have yet to see it surface.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I've posted this before but about 99% sure it does not exist:

2001 Fleer Autographics #5 Albert Belle

The Silver #/250 and Gold #/50 exist because I have them. I have never seen the non-serial numbered version for Albert Belle. I've commented on this before but I believe this is due to the Fleer bankruptcy.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
1990 Classic Hensley Meulens ERR (misspelled Muelens).

While there were two versions of this set, one with the well known "PRIME TIME" card, and the "correction" with the Deion "PRIMETIME" Sanders card, there is no error card for Hensley Meulens in either version of the set, I have busted multiple of both versions of the set. The 1989 Classic set had an uncorrected error for Meulens, but the 1990 does not. Both Beckett and the Standard Catalog list this error (along with a non-existent Ricky Jordan error/correction), but neither card exist. I contend that one company just did a copy & paste job from the previous year, and the other company just copied the first. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to prove the non-existence of something. But I would love to see both of these cards struck from the Beckett & SCD checklists.

1993 Lime Rock Dominican Winter Baseball Diamond Star #79 Bernie Brito

Ok, I'm sure this one actually exists, I just can't seem to lay my hands on a copy. I've busted 6 boxes of this set and have nearly completed at least one whole Diamond Star set, but just can't seem to catch that one card.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
DaClyde said:

Ok, I'm sure this one actually exists, I just can't seem to lay my hands on a copy. I've busted 6 boxes of this set and have nearly completed at least one whole Diamond Star set, but just can't seem to catch that one card.

I know somewhere that has a box of this stuff for $5. Lime Rock, the company that made this stuff, was from my area, but they're long out of business, or else you could just confirm with them if they made the card. Wouldn't surprise me if the card doesn't exist, though; I can see a small company with a niche product creating some kind of minor demand for their cards by making people hunt for a card they never made. Other card companies were making fake errors and deliberate variations in the early 90's, why not these guys?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
DeliciousBacon said:
DaClyde said:

I know somewhere that has a box of this stuff for $5. Lime Rock, the company that made this stuff, was from my area, but they're long out of business, or else you could just confirm with them if they made the card. Wouldn't surprise me if the card doesn't exist, though; I can see a small company with a niche product creating some kind of minor demand for their cards by making people hunt for a card they never made. Other card companies were making fake errors and deliberate variations in the early 90's, why not these guys?

I'd jump all over another box for $5. Let me know if they still have it! Lime Rock was primarily a non-sports producer, so that just wasn't a hugely lucrative market back then. I didn't even know about the Dominican set until a few years ago. I really wish they could have made more winter league sets.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
There's a variation on 2005 Leaf Limited, where some of the Silver Spotlight parallels (supposed to be #'ed /50) instead were #'ed /699 (like the base cards). There's three possible variants of each card (base /699, SS /50, SS /699), but it seems some variants do not exist. A base Trot Nixon /699 seems to be non-existant; only SS /699 and SS /50 seem to exist. On the other hand, a Troy Glaus SS /50 also seems to be non-existant; all copies I can verify of the SS are /699. So far, the only player I can verify having all three variants is Shannon Stewart, so some cataloged base cards and SSs may not actually exist.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
2005 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #MK Mark Kotsay A/17
2006 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #CV Claudio Vargas
2007 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #KE Kelvim Escobar

2008 Stadium Club 30 Carlos Quentin /999

2008 Masterpieces Relic Autographs #CW Rod Carew, #MC Miguel Cabrera, #RA Aramis Ramirez
2008 Masterpieces Relic #YE Yunel Escobar

The Quentin showed up on COMC tonight, so it does exist:

f72f9dbb-b4a8-4732-8484-a8baf073431c.jpg

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
2005 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #MK Mark Kotsay A/17
2006 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #CV Claudio Vargas
2007 Topps Turkey Red Autographs #KE Kelvim Escobar

2008 Stadium Club 30 Carlos Quentin /999

2008 Masterpieces Relic Autographs #CW Rod Carew, #MC Miguel Cabrera, #RA Aramis Ramirez
2008 Masterpieces Relic #YE Yunel Escobar

Vargas exists and I'm fairly certain I may still have one somewhere.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
2010 Panini Century Collections Base Cards. Here is an example:
2010 Panini Century #48 Barry Larkin

I have every Larkin produced in this set including 10 different autos #'d to 10 or less. I have never seen a base card. I talked to someone who opened this product and they told me that it indeed didn't have any base cards. Beckett lists a whole set of base for this I believe.

Also, I would assume it exists, but I have never seen a 2005 UD Portraits Barry Larkin base card. If anyone can point me to one I would appreciate it.

Latest posts