Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Beltran Signs a 3-Year, $45M Deal With the Yankees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
You suffering Scotty from dementia :confused:

Thats a big IF the Yankess just paid huge $$$ to get. Last 4 years he's spent 2 of them injured and two healthy.
What they have now in NY is either a game changer ( if healthy all year) or an overpaid long term bench warmer.
Little wonder that Yankees fans are nuts about the contract length. For good reason.

Yankees have a HUGE issue in their IF they haven't even addressed yet. Someone is kidding themselves in that front office or is being very, very, very deliberate.

1B is a Teixeira coming off major wrist surgery.
2B was Cano =now replaced with a "what if" Kelly Johnson- who is a known defensive liability
SS is manned by an aging Jeter devoid of his former range with a suspect ankle
3B is manned by an injured Arod with a degenerative hip condition

You really want this infield if your a Yankee pitcher??

Just thoughts,,,
jeff
Kelly Johnson at 2nd base at number 9 in the order is fine by me. 240 Million for Cano is insane. I agree that a lot of this season depends on Tex, Jeter, Rodriguez healths/suspensions but if they are healthy I'm fine with Ryan as a back up. Plus Ellsbury's two injuries were freak and were not reoccuring. Ribs and a non throwing shoulder? I'm not worried about that. We have Ells till he is 37 which is not ancient at all. I think the Yanks are saying in the next three years they want to win a WS and aren't allowing anything in the way. If NO WS happens in the next 3 years I think they clean house. Especially with Tex up as well as Jeter and Sabathia would be getting up there with ARod as well.

Very interesting offseason IMO.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Ah yes, this must be in response to the new MLB rule allowing 4 outfielders in the field.

Last edited:

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Yeah. I think that its whats gonna happen. Either trade Gardner or try and convince Soriano to play full time DH. I think this was an counter move to Cano leaving. I bet they wouldn't have gone for Beltran without Cano leaving. I think that they are gonna like Kelly Johnson man 2nd which is fine with me in the 9 spot.

I would think they would want Gardner for the speed. Where does this leave Ichiro?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Sori is actually easy to move for the Yanks. I think they will want gardy to stay but I dont see him as a leadoff guy I see him at the bottom of the order.

With TEX being back thats a legit gold glove scooping up crappy throws so thats huge.

The yanks are not done thats for sure

Members online

Latest posts