Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Carlos Pena back with the Rays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
I for one am just happy this means the Yankees can't get him now :)

"Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Rays and free agent first baseman Carlos Pena have agreed to terms on a one-year deal.

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reported earlier Friday that talks were progressing, and evidently a deal has been struck. Heyman says Pena will earn $7.25 million in 2012. It's a great fit, as the Rays could use some more sock to their lineup and had a big hole at first base. Pena, 33, batted .225/.357/.462 with 28 home runs and 80 RBI across 606 plate appearances last season for the Cubs. He was also being pursued by the Indians." - Rotoworld

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Really nice move for the Rays. Carlos still has a great glove and his walks and power will play well in that lineup. I'd personally like to see him a bit lower in the lineup next year, around the 6th spot. I like having a guy who makes a bit more contact in a run production slot. I'm not sure, however, that the Rays can justify batting 5 players ahead of him.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
And somewhere in Springfield Il JP is pulling his hair out & spitting expletives at the baseball Gods. Hope he works in a one level building.

~AJ

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts