Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Class action lawsuit filed against Topps and Panini

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I can see the argument and the no purchase necessary requirement.

Franky I thought this was going to be related to fulfillment, but anything that gets redermption cards out of the product I support.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
They will just go back to doing like Topps did in the past, by having a small math test somewhere in or on their product. Then it will be considered a contest.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'd be happy with a suit that covers selling something you don't have, then failing to fulfill a promise when you never fulfill the redemption.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The math test was a Canadian requirement. But Topps already has NPN info on their packs, AFAIK. And this was already litigated 25 years ago. You are promised a small number of cards for your purchase price, not any particular card or type of card or card of any particular value. As long as you receive the stated number of cards in the pack, Topps fulfilled their obligation. I don't know that redemption cards can be considered a separate thing, but who knows. Seems like someone making a technical legal issue out nothing intended solely to generate fees for the lawyers.

Members online

Latest posts