Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC (check out my cards) shipping wait times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
What is the shipping wait time at now for standard and priority shipping? I haven't bought cards from there for awhile now because I had to wait almost 5 months for my last order to arrive. I checked the site but can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. Does anyone here know?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I just checked, and if I placed my shipment request today, COMC is saying Sunday 8/22 delivery. Obviously, that's not possible (USPS is not delivering anything but Amazon on Sundays, at least we're not supposed to be). There are several Remotely Stored cards in my order, so I am assuming that that is part of the problem, and maybe something COMC should reconsider ASAP.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
What a joke that company has become. I bought two cards on eBay a few months back and it took 16 days to ship; it’s apparently now a month wait.

Of course, falling further and further behind hasn’t stopped them from listing hundreds of new live auctions and BINs every day

Unfortunately, I can’t figure out how to get them to not show up in my searches.

I can’t wait till they’re gone for good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramunc89

May 20, 2015
So I requested shipping on an order on Nov. 29 2020 and was given a shipment estimate of March 6 2021. I still have not seen any movement despite having sent 2 emails asking for an update with no response. Anyone else in this same timeline still waiting? And should I expect to receive my order?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'd like them up by email and Twitter every day. We get it, there's a pandemic, they're overloaded, they're understaffed, blah blah blah. But blowing their own made-up deadline by 7 weeks is ridic.

Looking at it right now. I have 21 cards to ship. My options are $4.99 for August 23, $14.99 for May 22, or $56.99 for May 4. I hate paying $15 to ship so few cards, but neither am I wanting to wait 4 months to get them. If I was to still be waiting for them in July, I'd be making sure everyone knew about it.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I was thinking of sending in several cards to comc awhile back for them to list on consignment but I kept procrastinating and now I'm glad that I did. I wouldn't feel that comfortable with them holding my cards right now especially very valuable cards.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
It seems to me that COMC is pretty much cratering at this point. If they go belly up, I will miss the good things they had to offer. But honestly, I won't be sad about it. Someone will come along to take over the place in the market that they used to occupy, and probably do a better job at it.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Is the website working for anybody else today? I haven't been able to get on comc.com at all today. No mention of issues on their Twitter. Not a great sign.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just tried to log on a minute ago and got on. No issues with the site that I can see.

For fun, I checked my shipment request for the three cards I bought with the s/h credit they gave me. For those 3 cards, it would cost me $4.99 (which I do not have in my account) and I'd get them in a scorching timeframe of (ESTIMATED) August 30!

F%@K YOU COMC! You can keep the cards, I will never buy from you again.

ccitypa23

May 1, 2021
I requested a shipment of 1460 cards on 01/04/2021 and got an estimated ship date of 04/06/2021 which is now a month late. I paid $383.24 for regular priority shipping. I couldn't justify spending over $700 on express shipping when most of the cards in the shipment were under $1, plus I'm seeing people who paid for express shipping still having to wait. I've been buying on COMC since 2015, but I didn't know just how bad shipping has gotten. I emailed them multiple times with no answers back. I even tried to get in the back door by sending an email to their toploader buying email, and still no reply. I was actually going to sell them a case of regular toploaders since supposedly they need them.

I don't know what's going on with COMC, but I'm hearing alleged stories of them saying the card you order is lost or a warehouse error. Then quick to offer a refund, but list the same card for a higher price. also COMC only being worried about ebay, and putting their actual loyal customers on the back burner. If that's the case the thing everyone likes most about COMC is dead, because most people aren't going to wait 4-5 months for cards which they own just to find out some of them are missing. I know they have a bigger building and more employees (supposedly, because it doesn't seem like it) to pay for, but they should do what's right and slow down on the eBay listings until the backlog of already late orders are cleared out. It would give them a fresh start, and us confidence that COMC is a site we can still trust.

I'll post updates when I receive my shipment, and if anything is missing.

toadfan106

May 2, 2009
@ccitypa23 - It took me 2 months of sending them emails and messages on FB and filing a complaint with the WA state attorney general to get them to respond to me about an order that was supposed to ship in February. Basically they are saying that you are screwed if you placed an order with them and still havent received it. If my order doesnt ship by June, I am going to take them to small claims court asking for fair market value for the cards since most of what I had went way up in price since I bought them. I am tired of their excuses.

HEre is what they sent:

Thank you for contacting us. We sincerely apologize for the delay in getting your order shipped. COMC has recently been experiencing order delays due to a variety of factors, most notably due to emergency expansion of our infrastructure in Washington State in order to accommodate the unprecedented growth seen in the hobby over the past year. This has been a massive logistical undertaking for our business over a necessarily short period of time and has regrettably caused some orders placed in February and March or earlier to fall significantly behind our stated shipping estimates. We still possess these ordered items in our inventory and have every intention of shipping these orders out as soon as we are feasibly able. Some customers are seeing orders placed more recently being shipped before the affected orders due to our expanded infrastructure now being largely in place, allowing current and future orders to be unrelated to and unaffected by these delays.

As resolving our backlog of delayed orders is an extremely complex task given our current circumstances, I am unable to provide an updated estimated shipping date for your order. I still anticipate that it will ship soon, as we continue to work through the backlog by completing the transfer of pending items to our new facility. If you no longer wish to wait for your order, simply let me know and I will be happy to immediately cancel and fully refund your order. Please kindly note that waiting for your order to ship or cancelling your order are the only available options at this time.

I hope this helps provide insight into the challenges that COMC is currently navigating. Please feel free in the meantime to place additional orders if you would like, as orders placed going forward are being shipped according to our currently advertised shipping timeframes. We appreciate your continued patience as we eagerly prepare for further growth in 2021 and a return to offering the best experience for buying and selling collectibles online.

Please navigate to https://www.comc.com/shipping to view our current estimated packaging and delivery timeframes. Tracking information is automatically provided for domestic orders when the order is shipped.

Jan 14, 2009
Wow, these updates are horrible. I’m sorry to hear that other are going through similar things.

After filing a complaint with the state of WA and complaining not on their Facebook, a rep reached out to me but it has been two weeks of “we are looking into it” regarding the 20+ missing cards from an order I received in March. I’ve tried to point out, repeatedly, that these cards are in COMC’s possession and shouldn’t be easily located but it’s been nothing but excuses/blowing me off for over a week now.

Next step will be, as another posted above, small claims court for their fair market value. Like most of the people stuck in this boat, my items went up substantially. Not to mention, I missed the PSA price increase and sub suspension.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
If they're hiring a bunch of new people and moving large amounts of inventory around, I would not be surprised if they lose track of a huge number of cards. I never had a problem with them, but I always would buy 1-2 cards and have them shipped, and the last time was probably last summer. This is the first time I've bought things here and there and kept them on file to build up a larger shipment. I think I just need to bite the bullet and put in my shipping order. My wife does a lot of business with them, buying and selling, and in her last shipment she got all that she ordered, but also 2 cards that weren't in her port or shipping order. One was a 50-cent card but the other was worth about $20, so not a negligible "bonus" card, and I can only imagine what became of it after we sent it back. So I take that as a sign that things are not going perfectly smoothly.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Some customers are seeing orders placed more recently being shipped before the affected orders due to our expanded infrastructure now being largely in place, allowing current and future orders to be unrelated to and unaffected by these delays.

I like how current orders are "unaffected by these delays", but the current economy packaging time listed on their website is 113 days. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now I'm picturing one slovenly guy slowly leafing through 10,000 3200-count boxes to put together my very late 993-card order. I think my ship date is "when the A's open a new stadium."

ccitypa23

May 1, 2021
I like how current orders are "unaffected by these delays", but the current economy packaging time listed on their website is 113 days. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Now I'm picturing one slovenly guy slowly leafing through 10,000 3200-count boxes to put together my very late 993-card order. I think my ship date is "when the A's open a new stadium."
That’s what I don’t get. I don’t know exactly how COMC operates, but don’t they scan your cards? My cards should go in my own box with the rest of my cards, so when I request a shipment they know exactly where it’s at. If they keep all the same cards in the same box that’s the most inefficient $h!+ ever. That means for my shipment the picker would have to go to 1460 different bins/boxes, look for my card out of everyone else’s to find mine when they could go to one box grab everything they need, and bam it’s done. If anyone knows how it’s done, please tell me it’s not like this.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
That’s what I don’t get. I don’t know exactly how COMC operates, but don’t they scan your cards? My cards should go in my own box with the rest of my cards, so when I request a shipment they know exactly where it’s at. If they keep all the same cards in the same box that’s the most inefficient $h!+ ever. That means for my shipment the picker would have to go to 1460 different bins/boxes, look for my card out of everyone else’s to find mine when they could go to one box grab everything they need, and bam it’s done. If anyone knows how it’s done, please tell me it’s not like this.
Highly doubt it's like this. Every card is given a unique, sequential item number. As items are scanned and logged in, they are recorded in a database with several attributes that link them to the website. So when you purchase item # 09850 (a 1999 XYZ of Nolan Ryan) from seller joescards, that card doesn't physically move in their warehouse until the final owner requests it in a shipment. Then, a picker goes to the aisle, shelf, and box that contains items #09800-09900 and pulls out item #09850. He repeats until your order is fulfilled and it is sent to you. Seems like a pretty simple system that would be pretty hard to F up...but they managed to, it seems.

ccitypa23

May 1, 2021
Highly doubt it's like this. Every card is given a unique, sequential item number. As items are scanned and logged in, they are recorded in a database with several attributes that link them to the website. So when you purchase item # 09850 (a 1999 XYZ of Nolan Ryan) from seller joescards, that card doesn't physically move in their warehouse until the final owner requests it in a shipment. Then, a picker goes to the aisle, shelf, and box that contains items #09800-09900 and pulls out item #09850. He repeats until your order is fulfilled and it is sent to you. Seems like a pretty simple system that would be pretty hard to F up...but they managed to, it seems.
Thank you for clarifying how the process works.

Members online

Latest posts