Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC (check out my cards) shipping wait times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
At this point, my frustrations have dissolved after my order finally arrived. I have 3 junk cards in my portfolio that came to about $6-7. I am just going to forget about those for now. Maybe some day, I get them. Maybe I don't. It was basically COMCs money that made the purchase, so I can live without them. if they had worked with me to send those 3 cards with my delayed shipment, it would have make up for a lot of anger I had towards them and their poor handling of my order.

I feel very bad for everyone else experiencing the same thing I did. I also feel bad for most of the sellers who may feel the affects of this in their individual sales. At least a couple sellers there I could care less about and hope they are feeling the pain as well! I think the backlog started before Thanksgiving, but I'm sure that time is when it started to exponentially grow into what we see now. I hope everyone is made whole eventually.

That said, I am now enjoying the bad press they are getting. I'd like to see more! We shouldn't revel in others' misfortunes, but when you helped caused it or did nothing to stop it, that is another story. There were factors that were outside of their control, but my opinion is that poor management of the situation and poor decision making lead to where we are now, not a pandemic or USPS woes. They are continuing to make poor decisions it seems, as they fart around with making excuses instead of taking action and making it right. I hope the info they are pumping out is all true and that they will right the ship eventually. After that, I think some serious retribution is in order. I am sure with the boom and some people's go with the flow attitude, they can afford it.

I am glad that all of these factors going on in hobby have lead to an unprecedented slowdown for me personally. If not, I would certainly be missing the convenience and shipping cost savings that once made COMC a great choice for cheap card purchases. I still sometimes start to head to the site when a new scrub debuts with the Dodgers if I need their autograph, then remind myself that there is not a chance in hell that I am spending one additional PENNY with this company unless I see proof that things have turned around and are back to an acceptable "normal". In the meantime, I make a sacrifice to my collecting interest in the name of making sure I do my part to see that this company is turning it around or failing all together otherwise.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
It seems to me that COMC is pretty much cratering at this point. If they go belly up, I will miss the good things they had to offer. But honestly, I won't be sad about it. Someone will come along to take over the place in the market that they used to occupy, and probably do a better job at it.
If COMC does go belly up, there will probably be a ton of ticked off sellers from all over the country waiting to get their cards sent back to them and who knows if they'll get them.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
I am getting mine out now. Wow. June first date $9.99 or September 1st for $4.99, clearly I’m forced to pay $9.99. My thoughts out of business, they probably keep your cards, file bankruptcy, then sell your cards at a later date under 5 ebay accounts. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I have a couple thousand cards in my account. If some started to disappear or were used to fill another sellers order, I don’t think I would have any idea.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I see they are patting themselves on the back for a record breaking milestone! How about you get in the trenches and get your job done w/o bragging about it.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
This is what COMC should have been doing since late last year. It's about time that they're picking up the pace by adding new employees etc.

jaderock

Jan 22, 2009
When I went to their estimate delivery page, it was $4.99 for 4 months, $15 for 1 month or $30 for 7-10 days. I went went 1 month and now the expected delivery date has come and passed without any update - just request received. So stupid. Pay for a RUSHED service only to get jack sh*t.

They should’ve done what many Beckett marketplace stores did - “go on vacation til *** date” where no new orders can be placed and they can catch up with the backlog.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I have three shipments pending and one is being shipped just under three weeks late while one is a month and a half past estimated ship date and still waiting.

Requested 1/3/2021 (Economy) - Estimated 4/5/2021
Requested 4/1/2021 (Economy Rushed) - Estimated 4/30/2021 - Shipped 5/17/2021
Requested 5/5/2021 (Economy Rushed) - Estimated 5/27/2021

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Email them. My rushed shipment was due to ship 5/5 and still hasn’t. They are slow to respond, but they refunded my $35 rushed fee At least.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
When my final comc purchase arrived on 2/4, their feedback was 99.2. It’s now 98.5. Lmaooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The time it takes is what it is, unfortunately. I can't really get too angry given the way the hobby has exploded, and it's a rare company that would pull a PSA and stop accepting shipments, even though they probably should. And the backlog for outgoing orders is just a predictable result of the huge growth in intake. What worries me are all the stories of cards missing from orders, or cards like the ones my wife received recently that were not hers. I have about 20 cards in my account I need to get shipped, including things like printing plates and other stuff that took me years to locate. I am dreading finding out they have vanished into the ether. I posted about it 2 weeks ago and decided to place my ship order just now. I've been thinking about waiting till next year but I guess I'd rather find out sooner than so much later. Shipping 21 cards for $14.99 "economy rushed."
Date Requested:5/19/2021
Estimated Ship Date:6/10/2021
Actual Ship Date:Not Yet
Estimated Delivery Date:6/14/2021
For posterity.

I'll be completing a set I really like, getting a couple Sizemore cards I was missing, and a couple things to flip. Also for posterity, I decided I'm going to just be happy when the cards arrive.

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
The time it takes is what it is, unfortunately. I can't really get too angry given the way the hobby has exploded, and it's a rare company that would pull a PSA and stop accepting shipments, even though they probably should. And the backlog for outgoing orders is just a predictable result of the huge growth in intake. What worries me are all the stories of cards missing from orders, or cards like the ones my wife received recently that were not hers. I have about 20 cards in my account I need to get shipped, including things like printing plates and other stuff that took me years to locate. I am dreading finding out they have vanished into the ether. I posted about it 2 weeks ago and decided to place my ship order just now. I've been thinking about waiting till next year but I guess I'd rather find out sooner than so much later. Shipping 21 cards for $14.99 "economy rushed."
Date Requested:5/19/2021
Estimated Ship Date:6/10/2021
Actual Ship Date:Not Yet
Estimated Delivery Date:6/14/2021
For posterity.

I'll be completing a set I really like, getting a couple Sizemore cards I was missing, and a couple things to flip. Also for posterity, I decided I'm going to just be happy when the cards arrive.

My shipment that was requested 1/3/2021 with an estimated 4/5/2021 was for over 120 cards, many of which are tough to find. I'm with you. It's gonna suck if some of them don't make it.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am happy to report that my order was 100% accurate. It was 100+ cards as well. That is all I was happy with when it came to my final order with them though. That's sad when you are commending a company for not screwing up your order! That is the first expectation of any business selling you something that they don't screw up your order!

Members online