Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CUBS ACQUIRE ANTHONY RIZZO FOR ANDREW CASHNER!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I wouldn't give up on Rizzo yet. I've seen people give up on Brandon Belt already, and I still think he has great potential. A friend of mine wrote off Buster Posey after his September callup where he got like 10 AB's. Then he won ROY the year after. So, I would say, let's see how Rizzo does in Chicago before writing him off. Rizzo also played in a tough pitching division, and I watched a couple of games where he had decent ab's.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jaypers said:
Just spoke to Callis, who does the Cubs' top 30 list for BA.

Interestingly enough, he'd rank Rizzo as their #3 prospect, behind Jackson and Baez.

what was his reasoning behind this? i heard he was going to rank him number 1

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
miguelcabrera said:
what was his reasoning behind this? i heard he was going to rank him number 1

You might want to re-check with your sources.

Tweet him if you want to know his reasoning.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Funny seeing Rizzo hype machine crank up again. Didn't hear boo about him when he did nothing last year or this off season. Now he is a Cub and greatest thing ever again.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
If your a Cubs fan you got to love the moves Theo has made thus far. Trading Sean Marshall at peak value, dumping Zambrano and getting a #4/#5 starter out of it, and getting Rizzo on the cheap is a very good start to what is hopefully a complete rebuild of hte team.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
rebelpawn said:
Hallsgator said:
rebelpawn said:
People that I've spoken to around San Diego never really liked Rizzo. He didn't hit at all when he came up to the big club and was a major disappointment. Hopefully he'll do better in Wrigley.
He had a 153 plate appearances and was a disappointment? You need to find some new people to speak to.

Perhaps. But I don't think you, being on the other side of the country, probably heard the hype that the ownership and local media had for him. A .141 BA and striking out nearly a third of his plate appearances? Small sample true, but how can that not be a disappointment? Especially after being traded for the face of the franchise....

I find it pretty obvious what Theo Epstein's and Jed Hoyer's (Former Padres GM) plans were...

Trade Gonzalez from the Padres to the Red Sox
Red Sox get better and Padres.....well, neither of them care about the Padres.
Red Sox win Chamionship.
Jed Hoyer joins Red Sox as assistant GM in offseason.
Best Friends united under a team that are reigning World Series Champions

Unfortunetly, the Red Sox winning part went bad so Epstein became the Cubs GM and he brought Hoyer allong as an assistant.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This Muppet and the chick from Grease are the only two Rizzos I know.
I guess I'm not too hip on prospects anymore.

Rizzo1.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
vwnut13 said:
rebelpawn said:
Hallsgator said:
rebelpawn said:
People that I've spoken to around San Diego never really liked Rizzo. He didn't hit at all when he came up to the big club and was a major disappointment. Hopefully he'll do better in Wrigley.
He had a 153 plate appearances and was a disappointment? You need to find some new people to speak to.

Perhaps. But I don't think you, being on the other side of the country, probably heard the hype that the ownership and local media had for him. A .141 BA and striking out nearly a third of his plate appearances? Small sample true, but how can that not be a disappointment? Especially after being traded for the face of the franchise....

I find it pretty obvious what Theo Epstein's and Jed Hoyer's (Former Padres GM) plans were...

Trade Gonzalez from the Padres to the Red Sox
Red Sox get better and Padres.....well, neither of them care about the Padres.
Red Sox win Chamionship.
Jed Hoyer joins Red Sox as assistant GM in offseason.
Best Friends united under a team that are reigning World Series Champions

Unfortunetly, the Red Sox winning part went bad so Epstein became the Cubs GM and he brought Hoyer allong as an assistant.

Wow, just wow. Got it all figured out huh?
::facepalm::

Members online