Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Current Cy Young Winner? NL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Fair enough statement we will add Oswalt to the mix
Waino has been a victim of bad luck so far one bad pitch has killed him in multiple starts

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Honestly no but I thought someone else would have won last year
So thats why I asked the question I am not trying to stir a pot just looking for the facts

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
craiger122003 said:
So thats why I asked the question I am not trying to stir a pot just looking for the facts
despite who u think should've (who u wanted to win) at least you can admit it was close between the three...

ubaldo has seperated himself from the pack thus far through the season.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
yeah as of right now NL isnt even close.

AL is a different story, with Fister leading in ERA and WHIP but having no wins due to being on a toothless club with a horrid offense. kind of goes back to the question we had last year "what is a W worth?"

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Jaime Garcia? :)

Do people realize how good he's been?

4-2, 1.14 ERA, 39 H in 55 IP, 1 HR allowed, 45 K, 1.1 WHIP.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Probably the closest race ever This year Carpenter is struggling a bit and so is Lincy
Wainwright is doing the best of the 3 Jimenez is running away so far but there is always the 2nd half of the season
I was just seeing if anyone mentioned any other guys Oswalt has no chance at it if he is an Astro

darocker80 said:
craiger122003 said:
despite who u think should've (who u wanted to win) at least you can admit it was close between the three...

ubaldo has seperated himself from the pack thus far through the season.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ya lincecum has been struggling, but just these past starts. If they bull pen didn't blow 4 of his wins in a row he'd be like 7-9 wins and 1 loss and wouldn't like as bad.

ya wainwright has been solid. jaime too but seems like he can't go deep into games.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I think Jaime can go deep just on a pitch count since the TJ last year
Any time he gets close to 100 pitches Tony pulls him ::facepalm:: He has taken him out when
he is doing his best work This may work out for the best but still sucks to see a manager pull a guy after 6 shutout innings

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
craiger122003 said:
I think Jaime can go deep just on a pitch count since the TJ last year
Any time he gets close to 100 pitches Tony pulls him ::facepalm:: He has taken him out when
he is doing his best work This may work out for the best but still sucks to see a manager pull a guy after 6 shutout innings
ya i was gonna say every time i see or follow his start he pitches strong and then gets p ulled out and doens't go into the 7th...and i'm like what?! haha

and innings pitched really is a big factor for the cy young race. that is what gave lincecum a little edge over carpenter and what impressed voters when looking at wainwright last year.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
ya lincecum has been struggling, but just these past starts. If they bull pen didn't blow 4 of his wins in a row he'd be like 7-9 wins and 1 loss and wouldn't like as bad.

ya wainwright has been solid. jaime too but seems like he can't go deep into games.

Because he's coming off of TJ? Haha. He still goes 6 innings every single game, and never throws more than 100 pitches.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Skorris CCBC said:
darocker80 said:

Because he's coming off of TJ? Haha. He still goes 6 innings every single game, and never throws more than 100 pitches.
didn't know that haha. don't get me wrong, he has pitched very well to start the beginning of the season. it'd be nice if he could go a bit deeper though (i know its harder with the recovery or whatnot)

Members online

Latest posts