Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Daily Thread - Wednesday 6/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Another entry in the ongoing saga of the deadbeat hockey card seller. After I contacted him last Thursday night asking for an update, he sent a message back on Friday morning saying that he had located the card and it was going out that afternoon. He said that once he had a DC# that he would email it to me. I never got a DC email from him, and Wednesday's mail has come and gone without a card. I sent him a message asking if it has been mailed yet and if so what the DC# was. If he doesn't come back with a tracking number in 24 hours then I'm just going to get my money back and leave a negative. What a damn hassle.

If it ends up going that direction, I really don't understand why. It was a $15 card, so it's not like he was taking me to the cleaners or anything. He's got around 75 feedback, so a neg will pretty much wreck his ebay credibility. At this point, even if it does come he'll get a positive but just some god awful DSRs.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I saw Topps announced on their facebook page that for those who unlocked a Strasburg rc through their "million card giveaway" that the first 300 people can get their card signed for ONLY $350. What a deal!!! :benson:

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
well first I would have to be able to watch tv which currently I am not able to if this were to happen I would probably put it on tv but also have the mute button on

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
mstng99tim said:
I saw Topps announced on their facebook page that for those who unlocked a Strasburg rc through their "million card giveaway" that the first 300 people can get their card signed for ONLY $350. What a deal!!! :benson:

Some people posted about that in the baseball boards. One suggested that it might be worth it to get it signed, as copies of the bowman auto numbered to 300 are going for much more than that. I wouldn't have the balls to make that investment, though.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Groat said:
mstng99tim said:

Some people posted about that in the baseball boards. One suggested that it might be worth it to get it signed, as copies of the bowman auto numbered to 300 are going for much more than that. I wouldn't have the balls to make that investment, though.

I would rather try to get signed IP myself or at least pay a little kid $20 to go up to him and get it signed for me.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
mstng99tim said:
Groat said:
mstng99tim said:

I would rather try to get signed IP myself or at least pay a little kid $20 to go up to him and get it signed for me.

If I were Strasburg, I wouldn't sign a dang thing for free right now. He can charge insane fees for his signature currently and people will pay it. Who knows how long that'll last though? I'd be loading up my bank account for a 'just in case' scenario.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
PhillyPuckNut said:
Back from my nap and caught up with everything. No hits on the Heroes set yet, but got a couple more Champ's cards for those sets.

You get anybody offering anything you didn't ask for yet? I once asked for Portis logos only and within two minutes some guy had PM'ed me saying that I needed to buy all his Portis base cards in order to be a supercollector. I didn't even bother replying.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Groat said:
PhillyPuckNut said:
Back from my nap and caught up with everything. No hits on the Heroes set yet, but got a couple more Champ's cards for those sets.

You get anybody offering anything you didn't ask for yet? I once asked for Portis logos only and within two minutes some guy had PM'ed me saying that I needed to buy all his Portis base cards in order to be a supercollector. I didn't even bother replying.
:lol: No, haven't had that pleasure yet. But, now that you mentioned it, I'm kind of expecting it. :lol:

tenclubber

Apr 7, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
SOOOOO happy with the US National Team! That game should have been 3-0 though if not for a goal called back and Altidore's bonehead miss from point blank range. If I have another son, I am naming him Donovan!

Whats even better is now that the US has advanced, I get to watch the game in a European pub :D The Polish are very pro-American :lol:

GO SAM'S ARMY!!!

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Groat said:
mstng99tim said:
Groat said:
mstng99tim said:

If I were Strasburg, I wouldn't sign a dang thing for free right now. He can charge insane fees for his signature currently and people will pay it. Who knows how long that'll last though? I'd be loading up my bank account for a 'just in case' scenario.

Great point, he should be making money while he can b/c his career could be over as quickly as it began.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Groat said:
mstng99tim said:
Groat said:
mstng99tim said:

I see your point, but players should ALWAYS sign for little kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.