Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did I do Ok with this???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
Not to clog up the boards but would like to get some member feedback on if I did ok with this sale. Sold this for $550 delivered and was paid via pay-pal as a gift so no fees occured:

AlbertPujols2010BGS95AllenGinterAuto.jpg

Eef97

Jun 24, 2010
I have a problem. Someone brought to my attention that selling it and accepting a Gift payment I lose Seller protection and could be subject to a chargeback if the buyer contacts their credit card company and disputes the charge. Should I refund the money and ask for a payment for goods? I do run the risk of a reversal but I will send where it has to be signed for. Please let me know the best way to pursue before I send the card out. Thanks.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
Eef97 said:
I have a problem. Someone brought to my attention that selling it and accepting a Gift payment I lose Seller protection and could be subject to a chargeback if the buyer contacts their credit card company and disputes the charge. Should I refund the money and ask for a payment for goods? I do run the risk of a reversal but I will send where it has to be signed for. Please let me know the best way to pursue before I send the card out. Thanks.

Just make sure and ship it correctly. I'd send registered mail if the situation is making you really nervous. I'd use nothing less than signature confirmation/insurance. Nice sale!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
You're fine. The buyer has no protection
This

edit: By paying by gift he essentially said he is not getting anything in return and therefore would not be able to file a claim for goods not received.

orion9578

Aug 8, 2008
New Mexico
Topnotchsy said:
JoshHamilton said:
You're fine. The buyer has no protection
This

edit: By paying by gift he essentially said he is not getting anything in return and therefore would not be able to file a claim for goods not received.

I don't think he's worried about paypal being a problem. I think he's worried the guy will file a charge back through his credit card. I'm not sure if he could do that or not since he paid gift but I'm thinking he could. I don't think it matters what paypal says about a gift payment when talking about doing a credit card charge back.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I don't think you can use a credit card for gift payments.

Whenever someone is nice enough to pay me with a gift and save me Paypal fees I usually insure it when I send it. It costs a few extra dollars, but if it gets lost they can get the money back from the post office.

Members online