Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did Tim Tebow forget to pray today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
According to his guest appearance on SNL Jesus said he would be busy getting ready for his birthday bash.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Tim Tebow obviously spent too much time shopping for presents to give Jesus on his birthday.

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
So where have you haters been the last 7 weeks?

Merry Christmas!

Kevin

the haters have always been here. he just finally threw up a game the D couldn't cover up.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
Mayne Timmy T. will switch sides and ask Satan for a little help next week. ;) Why not, God hasn't helped him.

Merry Christmas! :lol:

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
All he has to do is beat the Chiefs at home to make the playoffs, and be a seven point home dog to the Steelers or Ravens. The real Ortin showed up yesterday, the one with Denver that throws for 300 yards and throws 2 INT's right at the defenders.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
So where have you haters been the last 7 weeks?

Merry Christmas!

Kevin

I've been telling people for months that it's not Tebow winning, it was the other team choking the game away. People always say that the QB gets too much credit for a win, and too much blame for a loss. Tebow is just the extreme of that.

Except for yesterday. Tebow screwed that game up pretty bad...

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Many people seem to be anti-Tebow due to his faith. I have a hunch he would be celebrated by many of his detractors if his faith was not based in Christianity, but another belief system.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Nate Colbert 17 said:
Many people seem to be anti-Tebow due to his faith. I have a hunch he would be celebrated by many of his detractors if his faith was not based in Christianity, but another belief system.
If he was a Muslim, the media would be hyping him as the second coming of Mohammed. You know, since we're supposed to be radical Islam friendly now.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Nate Colbert 17 said:

No, many of his detractors just wouldn't say anything if he kept his faith private. Take away that major storyline, and you've got Vince Young 2.0

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
Did Vince Young visit terminally ill children after his games too?

Kevin

I have two thoughts on this, the first is who freaking cares, there are tons of players who just show up and play. The idea is to win not be a boy scout. Does giving to charity make you a better player? No, but it makes for a better storyline and a better way to sell yourself to the masses.

Secondly a majority of the players in the NFL are christian. They just aren't in your face about it. Many take this as self serving, and he, not the media constantly brings attention to his faith. If he had 1 oz of conviction like a Tillman did and quit football and became a preacher or led missions for the needy then I would say he is someone to admire. Right now it seems like a PR campaign.

For a player so pious and devout he sure let a ad agency lie their ass off in an ad recently for him. You know the one that says "they said I could never get a d1 scholarship" except he was one of the biggest recruited players in HS ever.

Lastly he has crappy QB skills for the pro game. He will get hit hard, break down and be an afterthought in 3 years min.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Mixed emotions on this one, especially as a person of faith. At the end of the day if Tim is genuine it is not my place to judge him.

Not wanting to get too off subject but Bobby Bonner just released a new book. He was one of the "other guys" on Cal Ripken Jr's rookie card. Bobby left professional baseball to become a missionary in Africa.

Members online

Latest posts