Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you guys get the email from Mike (MyPens66) about FCB???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
boomo said:
if AKA (who has been a great member) did not want to get a suspension, he should not have posted a pm. EVERYONE who does that gets a suspension.

ok gilmo, in the ask a stupid question dept, why? why do you get a suspension for that? was it personal info?
your SS # included? this is the part of this site and others i do not understand. we are men, talking men stuff, but we cant swear, tell jokes, post pm's ? what is free about that? why do you or anyone else care? to protect minors fragile ears?
well, they are as bad as any of us, so what. is there something in the TOS that says why these things get people banned?
when you are playing ball, no one drinks beers, swears there asses off and talks trash about whatever? sorry for the rant, the prim and proper G rated attitude here is the one thing i cannot stand or understand.
It's always in the TOS, was on Beckett too.

PM's are meant to be private, because if you wanted everyone to see it then you would post it on the forums, correct? If I ever sent you a PM I wouldn't want you to post it on here, because you are the only one I would want to see it.

Understand?

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
My quick $.02

I joined the other site because I don't agree with everything that goes on here. That said, I will continue to be an active member on this board because FCB fills some roles very well and for that I thank Gilmore and the rest of the FCB staff.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
LLWesMan said:
qualitycards94 said:
I've got to say, Mike more or less sounds like a little girl in the email, HOWEVER, Chris, as much as we all appreciate the work you guys do and the contribution you gave and continue to give, he is right with the razor situation. When that was talked about more frequently on the boards your post was always pro-razor, I'm pro-razor now too, but Brian made claims that were ridiculous at times and you always backed him up. It did look like you were getting paid to promote him. I will not move to the other site though, this site really is great, you guys do a good job.

The pro-razor board sentiment is extremely overplayed. Three of the biggest critics of their latest move are moderators.

im not reading all 11 pages, so im sorry if this was already brought to light.

i will state that the bolded above that i quoted is a case of "too little, too late" as far as the rear-end kissing of Razor goes for the mods of this board.

Before Razor decided that the main boards werent for them, they rarely faced any public scrutiny from the moderators of this board. Deny it all you want, that's the truth.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
THREADKILLER-crohrer said:
cgilmo said:
[quote="THREADKILLER-crohrer":29vzoow8]
mredsox89 said:
I mean really? first off, did he think he was going to be able to afford the costs of start up of this board on a server and maintenance? If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature

It's not about the money, it's about credit and common courtesy. Mike started the bmb when beckett started the process of going down the crapper. His free site was in his sig for a few minutes before he was threatened to be banned. I think there was 3 or 4 of us that even knew about the site for the 1st day. News spread about the new site (I sent a ton of pm's and im's) and a ton of people started signing up. It got too crowded for the free site and Chris stepped up and took the initiative to get the ball rolling. I don't know the details behind the agreement between Chris and Mike but there was obviously an agreement of some sort. You guys are technically partners and it should stay that way. If Chris is the main monetary provider then yes he should reap the rewards that come with it. If all Mike is asking for is a little recognition then what is so wrong with that? Unless Mike totally just stopped contributing as an admin then I can see why Chris doesn't want to carry him on his back. This whole situation just seems too juvenile for me. Make ammends and squash the nonsense. This is not high school where we rely on he said she said B.S. This is a place where we come together to talk ball. Please no more crap and conspiracy theories. I can't stand the flame wars and all the crying that takes place. Lets get back to the quality posting that took place when we all 1st made the transition over here. PLEASE!!!

you assumed that mike talked to me :)

Btw, guys say your peace now.

This thread wont be here in the morning.

I would hope that there was some sort of communication between you guys. The problem with internet drama is you never fully know the exact truth to the matter at hand. There are alot of people adding fuel to the fire that weren't even an original member of the bmb and this thread is getting out of control. I like 90% of what this site has become. The 10% B.S. I could deal without!!! ;) I don't care about the corporate aspects of what goes on. If you want to support Razor then thats great. It doesn't affect me in any way. Like I said you took the initiative to take Mikes idea to a higher level. I don't want you to take my post as taking sides because I'm not. I just want to talk baseball man and look at the FREDDDDDDIIIEEEEE mail days!!!

On a side note, Mike if you were not permanately banned or you 2 can make ammends then please come back. That other site really sucks!!! :)[/quote:29vzoow8]

He emailed that site to everyone. He stole board information to do that. There can be no reconciliation.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I think deleting this thread would be a bad idea Chris. There are going to be a lot of people who check there email tomorrow or next couple days that will want answers and it will jsut rehash this stuff.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Brad said:
I think deleting this thread would be a bad idea Chris. There are going to be a lot of people who check there email tomorrow or next couple days that will want answers and it will jsut rehash this stuff.

I agree, this thread should run it's course, there really has been no trolling or anything in it. Most of the discussion has been good.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
This is the stupidest thing ever. If I were Gilmore, I would just close this thread and end any discussion of this.

That guy wants to start his own site, fine. No need for that pathetic email. This is a good site. Good format, good family and its now established. Why would everyone want to jump ship and go somewhere else? Cause they think Chris is greedy? Because hes not honoring the diplomatic principles that "FCB" is supposed to stand for.

This is what I call a publicity stunt at the expense of FCB. Someone getting no credit or money gets bitter and bashes the other person. Complete joke.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
thefasterblade said:
This is the stupidest thing ever. If I were Gilmore, I would just close this thread and end any discussion of this.
Disagree strongly. There are questions that deserve answers (many of which were offered in this post) and without it many only see one side of the story. I've been highly impressed with the way the post has remained civil and people have been willing to listen to others. IMO this post should stay as long as people keep it near the front page.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Topnotchsy said:
thefasterblade said:
Disagree strongly. There are questions that deserve answers (many of which were offered in this post) and without it many only see one side of the story. I've been highly impressed with the way the post has remained civil and people have been willing to listen to others. IMO this post should stay as long as people keep it near the front page.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I am staying, I use to visit that site when it was the nightcrew. It was a fun hang out that Ohio wanted to take to the bigs.

It went downhill months ago, he then sold the board to prescott and jeff changed the name of the site.

Like I said before, I am a FCBer for life.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
All In Cards said:
I am staying, I use to visit that site when it was the nightcrew. It was a fun hang out that Ohio wanted to take to the bigs.

It went downhill months ago, he then sold the board to prescott and jeff changed the name of the site.

What was it's previous name? (if that is allowed to be posted)

I think it's current name is just unattractive.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
sethyarkony said:
All In Cards said:

www.nightcrew.com

it was on a free board, Chris offered to help Ohio plenty of times. So I think Ohio is a little bitter here and is behind some of this.

Pool Boy

Dec 20, 2008
Wow I just read all 12 pages of this thread. It appears the infamous email was only sent to selected members. It is like everyone is talking about the BIG ELEPHANT in the room, but won't/can't explicitly discuss what was sent to cause this brouhaha. You can understand how this is wholly confusing if you are not able to read this email from "mypens66".

I would appreciate it if someone would forward the email to me (either via Email or PM). Much appreciated as I generally lurk but do follow the goings on the boards daily....

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
sethyarkony said:
Moonlight Graham said:
sethyarkony said:
justinmandawg said:
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

first you read the email and say ok...

then you find out he is 16 and say...

oh yes immature!

mredsox89, explain your logic.

"If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature"

if a 30 year old wrote it, what would you think?

come on now

Relax. Young people look at older people (in general) like they are out of touch. Older people look at younger people like they are idiots. It is what it is. Usually both sides have a good idea what they are talking about.

He implied that any minor who makes a dumb statement is very immature and incapable of acting like someone who is older.

I want to know what he would think when someone older makes such a statement.

I didn't know minors had such less "lee-way" than adults.

"It seems to be all about ego and taking credit for what has been done. That is just my opinion. It happens between many members on here, but it is sad that it has to happen to the guys in THIS COLOR"

How about your having playing the race card? Instead of insinuating, why not clearly state your thoughts and feelings?
ever notice that the mods like gilmore and bowoub are in THIS COLOR

fool

Well, you clearly were salient enough to state your thoughts lucidly so a fool could understand.

You're tilting at windmills junior. And no matter how old you eventually get, I'll always think of you as a kid.

I may be the only fool that can do the NY Times crossword in 5 minutes. Goods luck with that.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
sethyarkony said:
All In Cards said:

nightcrewsports.com

We tried to tell Bill that he was on a power trip and "legitimizing" Nightcrew was stupid. He continued, against the wishes of many, and that site had little to no action before today

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Here is Mike's email

I wanted to send this letter out to all of my fellow collectors. As many of you may know, and I am sure some of you do not, I am an administrator and the initial founder of what now is FCB. When the old Beckett boards went through their change to a new format, I decided to make a similar message board that everyone could go to, who did not like the new beta version of the Beckett message boards. I was surprised by the overwhelming exodus of members to the boards that I set up. Eventually Beckett threatened me because I had their name in the site initially, and I needed to change the name or shut down. It was then recommended, that I just form a new board that was hosted entirely by me. So with the help of Chris Gilmore, I got everyone to move to what I thought was "our" new site, the now named FreedomCardBoard.

Everything was great at first, but I couldn't help but notice how Chris seemed to take credit for everything, when I was the one who got all of us together initially and moved everyone from my own board to FCB. As time has passed, I realized that Gilmore had used me into getting the collectors to go to what he knew would be his site. Gilmore gets tons of money from all of his eBay links and even free boxes of cards, which I am fine with. He has not offered me anything, that is also fine with me. At the time, I was dumb enough to "hand" over my idea to him. I had asked him numerous times if he wanted me to help him with anything, hoping he would infer that I wanted more involved with the site. All I hear and see is Chris bragging about "his site" and posting about Razor. I think Razor has great intentions, but is majorly overhyped on FCB because of the administrator of the site.

I now have decided to move on to a new place, since I feel that FCB is run by greed and the desire to use it as a advertising site for a certain card manufacturer. It is not truly a "freedom" board as I would have liked it to be. This is not the site that I had envisioned. I would hope that you would join me, where we can once again have the open forum that we did at the old Beckett, w/o anyone's hidden agendas. If we did it before, then we can do it again, all it takes is patience in letting it grow. The site may be slow at first, but I know that we can make it "the" place to discuss our collecting passions. I wish FCB the best, but it is time for me to move on. I would appreciate your support in joining me. I am not telling anyone to leave FCB, I would just be happy to have you be a member of my site also.

My new website is wasteoftime.com , please check out the site and join our message boards.

Thank you for your consideration

Mike (MyPens66)

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Moonlight Graham said:
Well, you clearly were salient enough to state your thoughts lucidly so a fool could understand.

You're tilting at windmills junior. And no matter how old you eventually get, I'll always think of you as a kid.

I may be the only fool that can do the NY Times crossword in 5 minutes. Goods luck with that.

My dad can beat up your dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts