Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you guys get the email from Mike (MyPens66) about FCB???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomH

cgilmo said:
goblue6919 said:
I just hate that now because of all of this bickering, people are getting permanently banned from here. I'm not picking sides as I will be posting on both here and Mike's website. Thank you gilmore for running this site and thank you Mike for creating an option instead of Beckett.

The only people who are getting banned, are those stealing information from this site and using it to promote another. I think you will agree that has to be done.
Agreed +1

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
RandomH said:
Ok, ok, ok. These are my thoughts about FCB.

1. This place rocks, I mean it's great to come here talk sports cards, and read up on the hobby.
2. Gilmore did/is doing a fantastic job, I mean it. He really put this place "on the map."
3. Tons and Tons of great members, who make this place fun. Some are more "visible" than others, and they speak their minds.

Here are 3 things I do not really "like" about this place.
1. I feel that AKA got kinda "baited" to get banned. I think there should have been some type of warning regarding his constant basketball posting on the baseball board.
2. I have to be honest. Razor gets way to much exposure on here. I mean they get their seperate section? I know they are a sponsor, but so is DA Cardworld, Atlanta Sports Cards? I like a many other members feel that this place may soon be called RazorCardBoard..... I don't see why Razor can't create it's own forum on it's own site?
3. Last, with the random boxes that are sent to Chris, why can't there be contests or something to give out the stuff? I mean when I heard, " Oh, I will be keeping this Williams" (DON'T Quote me on that one, it was something like that. Remember the Prime Cuts Break?)
BUT,

This place is really awesome and I like going here. It's just a I don't wanna see this happen.

motivaional_communism.jpg

good points

the stuff from the boxes is sold to pay bills. (except the ted)

Razor asked for a forum (btw, topps has one too)

if AKA (who has been a great member) did not want to get a suspension, he should not have posted a pm. EVERYONE who does that gets a suspension.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Moonlight Graham said:
sethyarkony said:
justinmandawg said:
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

first you read the email and say ok...

then you find out he is 16 and say...

oh yes immature!

mredsox89, explain your logic.

"If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature"

if a 30 year old wrote it, what would you think?

come on now

Relax. Young people look at older people (in general) like they are out of touch. Older people look at younger people like they are idiots. It is what it is. Usually both sides have a good idea what they are talking about.

He implied that any minor who makes a dumb statement is very immature and incapable of acting like someone who is older.

I want to know what he would think when someone older makes such a statement.

I didn't know minors had such less "lee-way" than adults.

"It seems to be all about ego and taking credit for what has been done. That is just my opinion. It happens between many members on here, but it is sad that it has to happen to the guys in THIS COLOR"

How about your having playing the race card? Instead of insinuating, why not clearly state your thoughts and feelings?
ever notice that the mods like gilmore and bowoub are in THIS COLOR

fool

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Okay I just read the email...

First of all Mike is a great kid...I think we can all agree on that one. What I will say is that he is taking it too far. He gets the credit for bringing us all back together on a great site what is now FCB. He started BMB boards but it was necessary that we needed to create a new site. I don't think he realizes how much work and money actually goes into this site, in which he did not contribute. I can see why he feels neglected but he has to understand that it takes a lot to run this site. Me, I am not leaving here because it is the community which makes it so great here. It's sad to see a great member go, but that is his choice. We are all here to discuss sports/cards and it is all fun, and he is taking it too serious. He gets a lot of respect on here and he should feel good about that, but Chris does deserve all of the credit for the site...he did a great job on it [everyone else too, bouwob ;) ]. Also, he said it is time to move on, well he isn't going to find the community we have on this site which is why it's so great. He kid of makes it seem like he is going through a breakup lol. If he had such a problem with not contributing enough he should have told Chris he wanted so, which what I got from this thread that he didn't.

I wish Mike the best with his new site, but I am staying here for good.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
Moonlight Graham said:
sethyarkony said:
justinmandawg said:
sethyarkony said:
SO wait.

first you read the email and say ok...

then you find out he is 16 and say...

oh yes immature!

mredsox89, explain your logic.

"If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature"

if a 30 year old wrote it, what would you think?

come on now

Relax. Young people look at older people (in general) like they are out of touch. Older people look at younger people like they are idiots. It is what it is. Usually both sides have a good idea what they are talking about.

He implied that any minor who makes a dumb statement is very immature and incapable of acting like someone who is older.

I want to know what he would think when someone older makes such a statement.

I didn't know minors had such less "lee-way" than adults.

"It seems to be all about ego and taking credit for what has been done. That is just my opinion. It happens between many members on here, but it is sad that it has to happen to the guys in THIS COLOR"

How about your having playing the race card? Instead of insinuating, why not clearly state your thoughts and feelings?

While I think Seth has blown this topic of age WAAAYYY out of proportion, is taking everything way to personally, and blasting a member of our Armed Forces, I can say for certain he was just talking about the mods' username color, and not the race of anyone.

RandomH

cgilmo said:
RandomH said:
Ok, ok, ok. These are my thoughts about FCB.

1. This place rocks, I mean it's great to come here talk sports cards, and read up on the hobby.
2. Gilmore did/is doing a fantastic job, I mean it. He really put this place "on the map."
3. Tons and Tons of great members, who make this place fun. Some are more "visible" than others, and they speak their minds.

Here are 3 things I do not really "like" about this place.
1. I feel that AKA got kinda "baited" to get banned. I think there should have been some type of warning regarding his constant basketball posting on the baseball board.
2. I have to be honest. Razor gets way to much exposure on here. I mean they get their seperate section? I know they are a sponsor, but so is DA Cardworld, Atlanta Sports Cards? I like a many other members feel that this place may soon be called RazorCardBoard..... I don't see why Razor can't create it's own forum on it's own site?
3. Last, with the random boxes that are sent to Chris, why can't there be contests or something to give out the stuff? I mean when I heard, " Oh, I will be keeping this Williams" (DON'T Quote me on that one, it was something like that. Remember the Prime Cuts Break?)
BUT,

This place is really awesome and I like going here. It's just a I don't wanna see this happen.

motivaional_communism.jpg

good points

the stuff from the boxes is sold to pay bills. (except the ted)

Razor asked for a forum (btw, topps has one too)
Gotcha

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
RandomH said:

AKA was banned for posting a PM, not for basketball posts in baseball.

RandomH said:
This was done to keep Brian on the site. We did not want to do this, but unfortunately he was driven away after people started complaining about forgeries. Many of you may not like razor, but they drive more traffic to this site than anyone else. Any news regarding their products is posted here. On big announcement days, 15-20 new members sign up solely to talk with bg.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I think there needs to be some "damage control" immediately (because if you're seriously not worried about losing member's here then you should). It sounds as if Prescott & Ohio want some "free advertising" & figured what better way than to make an FCB II ...It almost sounds like a movie where the unappreciated" & overlooked superhero is labelled a "sidekick" to his best bud superhero (& is distraught & upset by it)..."Enter 2 infamous villains" Prescott & Ohio: "Hey MyPenns, what that awful CGilmo is doing is just totally wrong; you should show him who's boss! He should show you more respect for what you've done...Yeah, without you there would be no FCB!" (Cue background music) Mypenns: "Yeah...You guy's are right....How should I go about doing this?" Prescott & Ohio: "Don't you worry, we've got it all figured out" (Villains errupt with Evil Laughter) :lol: Sorry guy's, I just read an 8 page thread...thought I'd try & lighten the mood! :D

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
For everyone to know based on some posts above, and i will say this once...

I support the armed forces and everything they do for our country.

However, I do expect members of such an elite group to be mature in all aspects of life.

I just see the whole idea of "army strong" as one that should be a reality.

My comments were not directed to all members of the military on this board.

Aug 7, 2008
Maryland
cgilmo said:
THREADKILLER-crohrer said:
mredsox89 said:
I mean really? first off, did he think he was going to be able to afford the costs of start up of this board on a server and maintenance? If he is 15 or 16 the email makes a lot of sense, very immature

It's not about the money, it's about credit and common courtesy. Mike started the bmb when beckett started the process of going down the crapper. His free site was in his sig for a few minutes before he was threatened to be banned. I think there was 3 or 4 of us that even knew about the site for the 1st day. News spread about the new site (I sent a ton of pm's and im's) and a ton of people started signing up. It got too crowded for the free site and Chris stepped up and took the initiative to get the ball rolling. I don't know the details behind the agreement between Chris and Mike but there was obviously an agreement of some sort. You guys are technically partners and it should stay that way. If Chris is the main monetary provider then yes he should reap the rewards that come with it. If all Mike is asking for is a little recognition then what is so wrong with that? Unless Mike totally just stopped contributing as an admin then I can see why Chris doesn't want to carry him on his back. This whole situation just seems too juvenile for me. Make ammends and squash the nonsense. This is not high school where we rely on he said she said B.S. This is a place where we come together to talk ball. Please no more crap and conspiracy theories. I can't stand the flame wars and all the crying that takes place. Lets get back to the quality posting that took place when we all 1st made the transition over here. PLEASE!!!

you assumed that mike talked to me :)

Btw, guys say your peace now.

This thread wont be here in the morning.

I would hope that there was some sort of communication between you guys. The problem with internet drama is you never fully know the exact truth to the matter at hand. There are alot of people adding fuel to the fire that weren't even an original member of the bmb and this thread is getting out of control. I like 90% of what this site has become. The 10% B.S. I could deal without!!! ;) I don't care about the corporate aspects of what goes on. If you want to support Razor then thats great. It doesn't affect me in any way. Like I said you took the initiative to take Mikes idea to a higher level. I don't want you to take my post as taking sides because I'm not. I just want to talk baseball man and look at the FREDDDDDDIIIEEEEE mail days!!!

On a side note, Mike if you were not permanately banned or you 2 can make ammends then please come back. That other site really sucks!!! :)

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Okay I just read the email...

First of all Mike is a great kid...I think we can all agree on that one. What I will say is that he is taking it too far. He gets the credit for bringing us all back together on a great site what is now FCB. He started BMB boards but it was necessary that we needed to create a new site. I don't think he realizes how much work and money actually goes into this site, in which he did not contribute. I can see why he feels neglected but he has to understand that it takes a lot to run this site. Me, I am not leaving here because it is the community which makes it so great here. It's sad to see a great member go, but that is his choice. We are all here to discuss sports/cards and it is all fun, and he is taking it too serious. He gets a lot of respect on here and he should feel good about that, but Chris does deserve all of the credit for the site...he did a great job on it [everyone else too, bouwob ;) ]. Also, he said it is time to move on, well he isn't going to find the community we have on this site which is why it's so great. He kid of makes it seem like he is going through a breakup lol. If he had such a problem with not contributing enough he should have told Chris he wanted so, which what I got from this thread that he didn't.

I wish Mike the best with his new site, but I am staying here for good.

Me to SCOTTO!

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
teachervido said:
Someone PLEASE send me Mike's email through PM.

Did you check your actual email?

I appreciate what Mike did. He is the one that got the wheels rolling for this site to happen. Not to take any credit away from him, but if he didn't someone else would have.

If Chris is telling the truth in regards to Mike basically giving up his responsibilities on this site, which I believe he is, I can understand his frustrations with Mike. I think people are underestimating when they said we had 50 members at the old boards, I think it was closer to 300, however without Chris's work, this site would be nowhere near as successful as it has been. Mike had no financial stake in this site like Chris does, and I highly doubt he had the means to(I think he said he has never spent more than 30 dollars on a card?). Sure, the site might make money now, but Chris had to put in a lot of money with the server and stuff before he had any sponsors. Who would sponsor a site before they saw how successful it was?

I find the timing of Mike's email funny. FCB seems to be profitable, and now he does this. Why did take him almost 8 months to express how he felt? If it was truly about not getting enough recognition as the founder and not having enough input, why didn't he do this a long time ago? I think he was probably pressured by the owners of his new board to do this. Maybe they even "bribed" him? Just speculating. I think there has to be a lot more to the email than what was typed, it doesn't make sense for him to wait this long, when Chris seemed like he was willing to work with him in the early days.

Like I said, I appreciate what Mike did, and he deserves credit as the founder of FCB, but he handled this very poorly.

RandomH

bouwob said:
RandomH said:

AKA was banned for posting a PM, not for basketball posts in baseball.

RandomH said:
This was done to keep Brian on the site. We did not want to do this, but unfortunately he was driven away after people started complaining about forgeries. Many of you may not like razor, but they drive more traffic to this site than anyone else. Any news regarding their products is posted here. On big announcement days, 15-20 new members sign up solely to talk with bg.
Gotcha

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
Lally1 said:
Seth, I am not attacking you. But come on dude. You gotta watch what you say man.
I'll admit to being a loose cannon.

When I get passionate about something it is tough to stop.

I stop when I am told to though.

I'll work on it.

However, if you read what I say, I blast one person just as much as I support another.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
if AKA (who has been a great member) did not want to get a suspension, he should not have posted a pm. EVERYONE who does that gets a suspension.

ok gilmo, in the ask a stupid question dept, why? why do you get a suspension for that? was it personal info?
your SS # included? this is the part of this site and others i do not understand. we are men, talking men stuff, but we cant swear, tell jokes, post pm's ? what is free about that? why do you or anyone else care? to protect minors fragile ears?
well, they are as bad as any of us, so what. is there something in the TOS that says why these things get people banned?
when you are playing ball, no one drinks beers, swears there asses off and talks trash about whatever? sorry for the rant, the prim and proper G rated attitude here is the one thing i cannot stand or understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts