Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you recently join? Use this thread to say hi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobbyT

Aug 26, 2013
I just joined today. I was a long time set builder but Topps has taken that joy away from me. These days I'm reduced to trying to put together sets of Score Football & Hockey. No more baseball sets for me.

I'm a Tigers collector first and foremost, I DESPISE relics and sticker autos, and I miss Fleer, Donruss, and Score more than I can put into words. Yes, I'm that guy yelling for everybody to get offa my lawn....

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Hello the all the new collectors to this site. There are a lot of great people here. I super collect Matt Holliday if anyone has any I'm alaways looking thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I just bought a 92 Topps vendor box and pulled out a really clean Albert Belle. If your interested pm me an d give me your address and I will send it to you.

SFeistel

Aug 28, 2013
Evansville, IN
Hey guys!! Stephen here and I'm a huge St Louis Cardinals collector!! Thanks for the site and I look forward to meeting and trading/buying with you soon!!

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Hi Stephen I'm also a huge Cards fan as well I super collect Matt Holliday and will always trade in your favor if you have any of his cards I need thanks and welcome.

FluffedMojo

Aug 29, 2013
Chicago
Hey ya'll! New to the board and sort of new to collecting.

I used to collect pretty passionately when I was a kid, but stopped around when I got to High School. I'm in Grad School now in Chicago and I pass by Tim's Baseball Card shop nearly every day. After living here for almost a year, I finally decided to stop in there. I picked up a few packs just to see what cards are like today and I think I've rekindled the fire, if you will. I don't have many cards at the moment, but this forum seems like a great resource for learning what's out there.

I'm thinking of focusing on both Tampa Bay Rays (my hometown team) and Chicago Cubs cards. Trying to get my parents to ship me up my collection from back in the day. I'd imagine most of the cards are worthless now (I collected during the late 90s and early 2000s), but they would be awesome to sort through.

Any tips for somebody just getting back into card collecting? Anybody else in the Chicago area? Are there shops besides Tim's (not that Tim's isn't awesome, cause it is)? Any Chicago area meetups or trade shows?

Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
I'm on the southside i n Oak Forest and yes there are a few shops out this way one is on 95th in Oak Lawn called the baseball card king. Who do you collect or what do you collect?

FluffedMojo

Aug 29, 2013
Chicago
I'm on the southside i n Oak Forest and yes there are a few shops out this way one is on 95th in Oak Lawn called the baseball card king. Who do you collect or what do you collect?

My focus is on the Tampa Bay Rays, generally. But I'm just starting to figure out my collection. :p

Bobby1988

Sep 8, 2013
Large collection & sets for sale need help appraising as well

I have about 20000 baseball commons 6400 basketball commons (lots of rookies) about 6000 football commons (lots of rookies) 4300+baseball rookies all from late 80s to 2002. Sets of 4sport,91 proline, upper deck 91&92 donruss91,fleer 92 conlon 91, score 91 up deck 91$92 all in baseball. 91 up deck & 01 topps football. 9091fleer 91 updeck basketball. 91 up deck hockey. Also many hundreds of limited # cards of most all players and star baseball players in lots I want to sell but am unsure what I can get for this collection. Anybody got advice or $$ lemme know

Last edited:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I have about 20000 baseball commons 6400 basketball commons (lots of rookies) about 6000 football commons (lots of rookies) 4300+baseball rookies all from late 80s to 2002. Sets of 4sport,91 proline, upper deck 91&92 donruss91,fleer 92 conlon 91, score 91 up deck 91$92 all in baseball. 91 up deck & 01 topps football. 9091fleer 91 updeck basketball. 91 up deck hockey. Also many hundreds of limited # cards of most all players and star baseball players in lots I want to sell but am unsure what I can get for this collection. Anybody got advice or $$ lemme know

Probably not the first person to tell you this, but most cards and sets from the era you are describing were drastically overproduced.

Almost everything from that period of time has become worthless simply because there is just SO much of it out there.

Members online