Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did you recently join? Use this thread to say hi!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Hello all, I'm Brian and have been collecting Randy Johnson cards since ~2000. Well 'since' is sort of false. I left the hobby around 2004 and just got back on the wagon a month or so again full force.

In 1998 when I was 14 me & my dad got swept up in the whole McGwire/Sosa chase. Mainly we bought retail boxes at Wal-Mart (even pulled an oversize KGJr. Auto card). We bought a PSA 8 '84 Mac card for $250 when he was around 40-50 HRs that season. Sound investment (eyeroll). In '99 I got on eBay and began buying PSA 8/9 rookie cards of the stars. I've wrapped my brain trying to figure out how exactly I got into Johnson full-time but can't remember. Nonetheless he was my favorite player and all collecting has been aimed at him since.

Below is my current collection stats. I use the term "attainable" for serial #'d cards of 100 or more, no use going after 1/1s and 1/10s for a guy with 10,000+ cards in Beckett. Currently trying to complete the '07 Moments & Milestones sets and, like everyone else, trying to finish 1998 Topps Tek. I have a whopping 1 Diffractor.

My collection highlights are:
- 1998 Notable Nicknames Auto (#/200)
- 2005 Donruss Signature INKcredible Johnson/Ryan Dual Auto (/29)
- 2001 Donruss Rookie Reprints Auto (Redemption) (#/89)
- 1986 Procards West Palm Beach Minor League PSA 9

rjpic3.jpg
rjpic2.jpg
20130910_191023.jpg

Attachments

• rjpic.jpg
    rjpic.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2013
Chicago
Welcome I like how you did that with the Johnson binders for the different years. Pretty cool and sorry to sasy I don't have but maybe a few base cards of Johnson laying around. But if I come scross anything I will keep you in mind. I collect mainly Matt Holliday

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ScHmIdTy24

Aug 17, 2013
Hi guys!!!!! I am new to this whole "forum" thing and I wanted to make a few friends.

I pc lakers, celtics, St. Louis cardinals, yankees, packers, die cuts

Bobby813FCB

Sep 23, 2013
Rochester, NY
My name is Bob. Just joined today. Looking forward to trading for some cards I need and helping others get what they need. Will post my first thread shortly.

tchronis24

Oct 5, 2013
Hey guys my names Thomas and i like to collect Matt Kemp cards. I like cool auto and patch cards but my favorite cards from him would be all star patches. If any has any feel free to let me know. Thanks.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Hello all, I'm Brian and have been collecting Randy Johnson cards since ~2000. Well 'since' is sort of false. I left the hobby around 2004 and just got back on the wagon a month or so again full force.

In 1998 when I was 14 me & my dad got swept up in the whole McGwire/Sosa chase. Mainly we bought retail boxes at Wal-Mart (even pulled an oversize KGJr. Auto card). We bought a PSA 8 '84 Mac card for $250 when he was around 40-50 HRs that season. Sound investment (eyeroll). In '99 I got on eBay and began buying PSA 8/9 rookie cards of the stars. I've wrapped my brain trying to figure out how exactly I got into Johnson full-time but can't remember. Nonetheless he was my favorite player and all collecting has been aimed at him since.

Below is my current collection stats. I use the term "attainable" for serial #'d cards of 100 or more, no use going after 1/1s and 1/10s for a guy with 10,000+ cards in Beckett. Currently trying to complete the '07 Moments & Milestones sets and, like everyone else, trying to finish 1998 Topps Tek. I have a whopping 1 Diffractor.

My collection highlights are:
- 1998 Notable Nicknames Auto (#/200)
- 2005 Donruss Signature INKcredible Johnson/Ryan Dual Auto (/29)
- 2001 Donruss Rookie Reprints Auto (Redemption) (#/89)
- 1986 Procards West Palm Beach Minor League PSA 9

View attachment 21732
View attachment 21731
View attachment 21733

need any of theses?? the Jumbo ?Gold is gone
johmsonx1x.jpg

johnsonxx.jpg

ben.z2010

Jan 17, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Hey everybody. Been reading the site for a little while but this is my first post. I've been prospecting for a little over a year now. Just needed a new hobby. I collected cards when I was younger but got away from it for a few years. Lookin forward to getting to know some of you...

ScHmIdTy24

Aug 17, 2013
Hey everybody. Been reading the site for a little while but this is my first post. I've been prospecting for a little over a year now. Just needed a new hobby. I collected cards when I was younger but got away from it for a few years. Lookin forward to getting to know some of you...

I would love to meet some new people although I love seeing all the regulars everyday I enjoy seeing the new people that are getting into the hobby. I am super glad you chose FCB to sign up to and let me tell you these guys are some of the nicest people you will EVER meet! I'm looking forward to seeing you fit in with everybody else! I'm sure you will! Welcome to the club buddy.

I pc lakers, celtics, St. Louis cardinals, yankees, packers, die cuts

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
need any of theses?? the Jumbo ?Gold is gone
I'm all good on those cards, but really thanks for checking your stuff to see if you could help me out, pretty cool! I'm nearing 3,800 RJ cards so it's getting hard to find base cards & non-numbered parallels I haven't got. I feel a 4,000 card brag post early 2014!

Oct 12, 2013
NEW YORK
Just signed up 2 days ago, still learning the site. Thanks for all the help from the current members.

My goal is to learn about all collections and sell all my BGS Auto cards. PM me if your looking for a certain player for your PC

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

goldeneye2131

Oct 18, 2013
Hi all, joined just after the Chantilly Show...have recently been building sets of Bowman Chrome (and other random sets that I come to enjoy breaking) and collecting cool/interesting/notable cards of my favorite players (Andre Ethier, Hanley Ramirez, Miguel Cabrera, Robinson Cano, Troy Tulowitzki, Adam Wainwright, Carl Crawford, Jacoby Ellsbury, David Price, Wil Myers) ...I'm a Rays fan as well, so I'm always looking for Rays RCs and such as well!

stokelydokely

Oct 21, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
Hi guys,

I posted in what seemed to be the general intro thread, but just noticed this one in the baseball forum. After all the lurking I've done in here, you'd think I would have remembered this thread right up at the top.

Like many others here, I collected baseball cards from age 10ish - when I received the 1992 Topps complete set from my parents for Christmas - through my late teens. Toward the end of high school and through college, the hobby was put on the back burner; my folks would still get me the complete Topps set and a few random packs every year, but that became the extent of my collecting for a while. After graduating from college, between the cost and the fact that I hadn't yet revealed to my girlfriend the full length and scope of my relationship with baseball cards, the hobby fell off my radar completely.

And then... curiosity. Nostalgia. When I had stopped paying attention to the hobby in the early-mid-2000s, everything seemed like shiny, over-produced garbage designed to appeal only to the people who still thought baseball cards were a can't-miss investment. But here I was, in 2008, wondering about the state of the industry and hobby.

I found blogs.

I found forums.

I found people like me, people who had collected cards as kids and now that they had the disposable income from Grown-Up Jobs, had returned to collecting.

I found... Allen & Ginter.

Cards with beautiful designs, reasonably-priced packs, and other adults who were collecting for the fun of it. My interest was piqued in a way I hadn't expected, and I spent the next couple of years spending an extra $10-12 on cards every time I found myself at Target.

Eventually the worst of my itch was scratched, and this is where I find myself. I buy the occasional pack of cards (usually at Target but I try to get to a shop if new product is coming out); I had a blast doing pre-spring-training TTM for a couple years; and I enjoy reading about what's going on in the hobby, as well as what's gone on in the hobby over the past couple of decades (I can't believe my Topps Black Gold ABCD Winner is actually worth something!?).

I look forward to continued lurking, and now occasionally contributing as well!

brownsbackerjv

Oct 24, 2013
Hello. I have used this forum for its great information in the past and have decided to join mostly to see if I can move some of my latest projects forward. I collect baseball on card hof autos with a focus on George Brett. I also buy sell and trade football qb autos mostly.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Hello. I have used this forum for its great information in the past and have decided to join mostly to see if I can move some of my latest projects forward. I collect baseball on card hof autos with a focus on George Brett. I also buy sell and trade football qb autos mostly.

Welcome to FCB. You're also an SCF member, if I recal correctly. Still have the Brett jumbo patch /14 I sold you a year or so ago?

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Hello everyone. Just made the crossover from The Bench. I enjoy the card talk but its slowed to a crawl with talk over there. I collect Paul O'niell, Bernie Williams, Tino Martinez, Brien Taylor and dabble with other Yankees. I also collect serial numbered Yankees as well as serial numbered to thief jersey numbers and first and last runs. Thanks everyone!

Members online

Latest posts