Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dilferules's 1988-present Oakland A's autograph thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
One in today:

mcdonaldmickey.jpgMickey McDonald - Previously mentioned, I found this minor league team set card signed. He's back down in the minors, during his MLB time he went 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts, but he did walk twice.

Puts me at 698/710.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
One today:

loguezach22bow.jpgZach Logue - Picked up in the Matt Chapman trade, he's made one start and one relief appearance so far. Topps felt highly enough about him to give him a paper auto in 2022 Bowman so hopefully they'll make an A's autograph of him at some point.

No ground gained as Adrian Martinez made his debut yesterday to pitch the second game of a doubleheader. I do have something incoming for him, at least.

Now at 699/711, who will number 700 be?

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I never able get this photo I took of Adrian Martinez signed last year

Attachments

• AdrianMartinez08.JPG
    AdrianMartinez08.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 10

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Got 3 in plus one upgrade:

haughtgary.jpgGary Haught - Surprised this took so long to find, he only made it into 6 MLB games with the 1997 A's but he did have a long minor league career. No major league cards for him but this minor league card has a big A's logo on the jersey so that's pretty close.

martinezadrian.jpgAdrian Martinez - As previously discussed, he was just called up to start the second game of a doubleheader, then immediately sent back down.

scottdick.jpgDick Scott - I had no luck finding any Dick Scott autographs in a year of searching but I did notice he was listed as "Dickie" on some of his cards so I tried searching for DICKIE Scott and located this one. He's been a coach in the minors and majors for the past 30 years so I have no idea why there aren't more of his autos out there.

randolphwillie91topps.jpgWillie Randolph - This is an upgrade from the Yankees card in my 1988 Topps set. He played a bit over a half a season with the A's in 1990 and wasn't that good. He did at least go 3 for 8 with 3 RBIs in the ALCS, though.

That gets me up to 702 out of 711, so I've crossed the 700 mark and my wantlist is below 10.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
No new autos today, just one minor upgrade:

hawkinsandy91stad.jpgAndy Hawkins - This is an upgrade from a Padres card in my 1988 Topps set. I believe this is his only A's card. He started 14 games for Oakland in 1991 at the end of his career.

Still at 702 of 711 with nothing incoming at the moment.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Three new A's pitchers have debuted recently: Parker Markel, Austin Pruitt, and Domingo Tapia. I already have one in below and the other two are incoming. Also picked up one very slight upgrade.

tapiadomingo13eliteauto.jpgDomingo Tapia - Just called up and has already made one relief appearance. I had picked up this card when he was in AAA, figuring there was a pretty good chance...

wasdinjohn94classicbestgold.jpgJohn Wasdin - This is a little upgrade over a Signature Rookies card that has an airbrushed cap. It's a Modesto A's uniform, but obviously the same thing as an MLB A's uniform and cap.

Now at 703 of 714. Waiting for the incoming Markel and Pruitt autos to drop my needs back below 10.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
One pickup and one upgrade today.

markelparker11elite.jpgParker Markel - He's made it into 3 games and hasn't given up any earned runs, but has managed to walk 5 batters in 3 innings. Last pitched in the majors in 2019.

martestarling22toppsbstars.jpgStarling Marte - This is an upgrade from a couple of different Pirates autos.

Now at 704 of 714.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Another pickup and upgrade today.

pruittaustin.jpgAustin Pruitt - He has made a couple of relief appearances and done pretty well so far. This card also includes a Jose Alvarado auto, so if he ever plays for the A's I'm set there.

morelandmitch21immac.jpgMitch Moreland - This is an upgrade from an older Gypsy Queen Rangers autograph. Would prefer one with logos but I don't think Topps has made one.

The A's also called up longtime AAAA-type player Matt Davidson, who started last night and went 0 for 3 with 3 strikeouts! I've got one incoming for him. But they are also calling up a new pitcher to start tonight's game and I can't find anything for him, so that will set my progress back.

705/715 now.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Pruitt. He pitched literally 2.2 innings for us. I've got his auto incoming now, but they pitched him just to see if anyone would trade for him lol

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yep the above pictured Jared Koenig debuted recently...I do have a 2021 minor league team set card of him but I can't locate any autographs for now.

One pickup:

davidsonmatt10bc.jpgMatt Davidson - 31 year old called up because the guy that was playing third base (Kevin Smith) really needed to go back to the minors to learn how to hit some more. Batting .176 in 17 at bats, with 8 strikeouts. Yeah he's a genuine 2022 Oakland Athletic.

So one pickup and one miss brings me to 706/716. I've got one more incoming and the A's just called up another guy (Jonah Bride) with no autographs out there so it looks like my needs will remain at 10 in the near future.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Yes, Jonah Bride, shown above, made his debut recently and there's no autos out there for me to buy. But I did pick up one to keep my total needs at 10 players:

fyhriemike.jpgMike Fyhrie - Pitched 19 games for the A's 2001-2002. I was holding out for an auto on an A's card but I finally threw in the towel and bought this one. I actually sent to him TTM last year but he stopped signing.

Now at 707/717.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
It's been a few weeks since my last addition, but luckily nobody else has debuted for the A's to drop me further behind. I picked up two recently:

cramerbobby.jpgBobby Cramer - Started 4 games for the 2010 A's as a 30 year old rookie and then relieved 5 more the next year. He did alright but never got another MLB shot - he ended up pitching in Japan and Mexico the following two seasons. A tough signature to find but I just had to bide my time before one showed up on his lone major league card, 2011 Heritage.

grimmjustin.jpgJustin Grimm - Had a 4.11 ERA in 15 2022 relief appearances and was released at the end of May. Tough to find a cheap signature on a card, I had to cough up for this SGC authenticated one.

Now at 709/717, I need 4 players from this year and 4 from all of 1988-2021: Larry Arndt, Marcus Jones, Hideki Matsui, and Steve Phoenix. I just have to spend for a Matsui, never seen anything for the other 3.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Welcome to the club of looking for guys that everyone else admiringly says, "WHO?!?!"
So true, and to be excited to add this type of guy, who only elicits that response for a close friend of relative otherwise, and maybe not even that group for some players!

I have been pretty lucky so far, as the Dodgers have not added a ton of guys this year. it'll come later, I am sure. They burn through pitchers like crazy every year.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Since my last post there's been one debut and I picked up a card of him right away:

garciadermis15bc.jpgDermis Garcia - Former Yankees prospect made his MLB debut a little while back and is 2 for 6 with a double so far, not too shabby.

No other pickups so I'm at 710/718 now.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Thanks for the compliment.

One pickup and one debut in the last week, so still holding steady. Reliever David McKay debuted and got into one game before being sent back down, can't find anything of him yet.

jimenezdany.jpgDany Jimenez - Relief pitcher was the A's closer for a time before getting injured in June. These cut cards are not my cup of tea, but it was all that was available.

Now at 711/719.

Members online