Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do 1998 Pacific Online Winners Exist for All Players?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighurt

Oct 10, 2017
Maine
I wouldn't read too much into anything that guy says. He makes claims and then can't back them up. He's stated several times he has an entire set of 1992 Colla All-Star Promos but conveniently can't produce an image of a single card.
yeah, I suppose every board has a blowhard or two. there is just nothing better than a self-proclaimed expert who "knows" everyone from the industry and has tons of "insider" knowledge.

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
I won the Clemens and just received it in the mail today. As a fairly advanced Clemens collector, I am absolutely over the moon. I am honestly not sure why I didn't immediately mash on the BIN and instead tried a BO I do not know. habit I guess. Had I missed it because of that it would have been a hard one to get over. The seller and I ended up negotiating for a price significantly lower than the original BIN. I do not believe he knew just how rare the card is. He said he was the original owner, having redeemed the card himself back in 98. he recently went through his old cards and found the clemens. I am not sure what market value would be due to rarity, but I believe banjar to be correct. a 1/1 flair masterpiece of Clemens sold in early summer I believe for $2500.00

I would imagine this one to be either 1/1 or 1/2

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
Now that I read the whole thread 🤣🤣 what if I had a Clemens as well ? Could there be 3 ? Could there be backdoor copies ? Who received the actual redemption vs secondary market ?

Well, for yalls sake ...I DONT HAVE ONE 🤣.
If SMR sold a slabbed copy from Frost collection that he bought from Duvs collection ...then he was holding the fake ? Just for everyones benefit ...how can the issue be solved ?

Its weird to think these were faked vs being backdoored ..... I would believe the Online Winners would be all over Ebay and this in house Checklist thread from the start date of 2012 would have nearly all the set recognized ?

Either way its crazy we have two Clemens and not multiple Griffeys or Arods. Upon reviewing all the photos in this thread of the online winners ...its weird to me how the stamp is middle right or almost on the border of the left side of the card. I am no expert by any means and rely on threads like this to learn as well as from others.
I hope some resolve comes out over these cards.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
@Jeff

You said :
Item # 2 is fake.... many reasons I don't care to share on why. Suffice to say doesn't pass my smell tests at all

Strangely @klute14 (Keith) and you both live Maine, collect Clemens , and collect the Big Hurt
Coincidences tend to iron themselves out later on based on my experiences :unsure:

It would be positive/helpful/productive to share whatever analysis you did and knowledge you have on the alleged fake with all of us. I and others love to LEARN about our hobby. I can assure you, what may be obvious to you, can be missed by other avid and knowledgeable collectors until clearly pointed out.

As for you knowing who used to own things and who is selling them and where they came from, it's nice but all of us in the currently active Clemens community are quite aware of Dov and Chris Frost, the transfer of collections and how they ve been acquired from Becketts, forums, and maybe just life etc. And we all know SMR is currently hustling the rest of the collection "on consignment", and most of us have talked with him about it, bought some of it, passed on a lot of it which has been insanely overpriced, are still atching some of it etc.

I think your comment about 2 people from Maine collecting the same 2 hugely popular players being some "sort of coincidence that will sort itself out in the future" is adding some confusing overtones to your comments as well. Are you insinuating nefarious motives? Or being funny? in all seriousness it can be tough to gauge tone in web posts rather than live conversation. One could see that as you saying bighurt is maybe running dual profiles for some shady reason and klute is fake? Or that he and klute are 2 local Maine amigos somehow trying to manipulate the Clemens & Thomas markets to advantage themselves? Or what? Anyway, not really sure how that was a productive comment, and I m sure others my have even more different interpretations of it.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have no skin in this game at all. I could care less about these cards. I might be willing to add a type card of a random Dodger, if one were to become available and if the price were right, but otherwise there is nothing driving me to want to add one. Especially at the prices they seem to sell for. I will agree that vague public comments on a public forum are fairly useless. Seems it is something a lot of people like to do though, often for "insiders" to understand only. Seems like a common social media thing. "Ugh, had the worst day ever...so glad when it's over" and then nothing more. What the F is the point of that kind of comment? Are we supposed to feel sorry for you for whatever bad day issue you are facing? I guess if we don't understand a comment, it wasn't meant for us to understand.

bighurt

Oct 10, 2017
Maine
My Colla promo set from the old MLB Properties precursor will get released at the appropriate time when the MLB Properties legal stuff is vetted and not until then. It will happen when it happens .July 2027 is the expiration year and I am expecting to get these approved and done in time for 2028 auction house release.

I don't expect anyone to understand why, and since no ones taken time to ask ,or even choose to inquire on why showing some things off aren't allowed- well- whatever. File 13 on the personal comments as always.

As for why # 2 is FAKE= well, believe what you want to believe @bighurt

I'll suggest saving these pics. I'll leave them up until Sunday night at 10 pm
After that they get deleted. Muddled Gonzo as last time when I sent clear pics someone faked one, so this time fuzzy city. The Clemens is in my PC. Sadly it's miscut and can't be slabbed. I cleaned it up as much as possible since you own Dov's ( Chris Frosts) copy now.
View attachment 342139
View attachment 342140
I am so relieved you posted those pics. I can breathe easily now that i can clearly see i have a legit copy. I am so sorry yours is a counterfeit. that is a real bummer. especially where PSA wont slab it because it is "miscut" I regret that i cannot explain why i know yours is a fake, but you are welcome to believe... we wouldnt want the bad guys to know all the secrets, now would we.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
"My Colla promo set from the old MLB Properties precursor will get released at the appropriate time when the MLB Properties legal stuff is vetted and not until then. It will happen when it happens .July 2027 is the expiration year and I am expecting to get these approved and done in time for 2028 auction house release.

I don't expect anyone to understand why, and since no ones taken time to ask ,or even choose to inquire on why showing some things off aren't allowed- well- whatever. File 13 on the personal comments as always."

B.S.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240120_082209_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240120_082209_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 4

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry, still don't get $81 for this. I realize they are very hard to find and the same might be said for rare type cards in the vintage arena of commons, but this is still just too new and artificially rare to command that kind of price for a scrub. Even Bautista's parents would choke on that price!

Members online

Latest posts