Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you miss Upper Deck

Do you miss Upper Deck poll

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Yes, because of UD Premier. The HOF gu'd in that product alone dwarf anything Topps has ever put out. Sure Sterling has nice HOF gu, but 20 different versions of the same people over and over and over. So what that it is #/10, you made 20 different ones.

IMO in the Premier the player selection was always better and the design was head and shoulders above the high-end Topps products. Have people forgotten the Topps Tribute cluster frack last year? With the top HOFers being SEATS instead of BATS?!?!? ::facepalm::

I always enjoyed UD products across the board with DLP a close second. Now we are stuck with one option and it blows. Biggest reason I sold everything and quit cold turkey. Nothing out there to choose from. Bowman, way to expensive, A&G now out of this world. Bowman Chrome/Topps Chrome will be just as rediculous with the inclusion of Strasburg. Bowman Chrome draft?? Are you serious?? With Harper and the rest of the USA team as autos? There goes ANOTHER product I won't be able to purchase any boxes of.

I agree with other posts, if UD was still out there, obviously there would be more to choose from and make the hobby fun again. Topps has turned collecting into a Prospecting Venture 100% now. I am sick and tired of prospecting. Bring back UD Premier and give me a shot at a Ruth or Gehrig or Clemente or Koufax ect....

~AJ

Jul 30, 2009
Ill add to this......my customers miss:

Having new CHOICES
Having more than ONE new product per month
Having a product which isnt prospect or vintage oriented
Having a $5 per pack option
Having new Jeter GU and autos
The Pettitte, Rose, etc autos which were supposed to come out
SPX
SP Authentic
Sweet Spot
Legendary Cuts

As as store owner, I miss:
The lost sales from customers leaving the store because nothing is new.
I also miss having people at MLB who actually know anything about the hobby and what collectors like, love and dislike.
I miss having MLB taking time to discuss a possible huge event with us hobby store owners and distributors....oh wait, they never did that.

Members online