Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you think that sports card sales will stay strong or do you think a fall is coming?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
As we all know, a lot of sports card sales have been through the roof for the past couple of months but I can't help but think that a crash could be coming. I say that because it seems like everyone and their brother, even those who aren't really big sports fans, seem to be getting into collecting/investing in cards. I have several cards that I've been debating selling but just can't pull the trigger as I'm still not sure what to think. Do you think that the sports card hobby will stay hot similar to the stock market or do you think it's head for a crash and if so, why?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
No way this insanity is slowing down anytime soon. In the end the sharps will make quite a bit of money, and most of the Joe Blows who keep jumping on the bandwagon will lose out. I wonder how this era will be viewed in the future. It's like Junk Wax 2.0, except the cards really aren't junk.

Also, I would be surprised if Topps doesn't make a shareholder set.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
No way this insanity is slowing down anytime soon. In the end the sharps will make quite a bit of money, and most of the Joe Blows who keep jumping on the bandwagon will lose out. I wonder how this era will be viewed in the future. It's like Junk Wax 2.0, except the cards really aren't junk.

Also, I would be surprised if Topps doesn't make a shareholder set.

Topps stock to the moon!!!

c9lg95srmj521.png

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The prices on new cards will start to drop when people get tired of chasing new stuff for ridiculous money. It will take a longer time for the prices on vintage to fall. :confused:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The slide! Ha. I guess you have to be smarter than the slide too.

I hope they plunge personally, at least new stuff. It's fun to see my "portfolio" increase in value, but it never was and still is not, about the money for me. Now if the vintage stuff held firm or slowed down to a steady flatline, that would be OK too. It means I will never have the chance to fill in key cards I missed, but I guess the truth is, if I didn't have them yet, I really didn't want them. Always something more pressing for my money.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
If I copy and past a picture of a baseball player or picture of a baseball game to a forum like this. Will the internet police come and beat the **** out of me or shoot me ?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If I copy and past a picture of a baseball player or picture of a baseball game to a forum like this. Will the internet police come and beat the **** out of me or shoot me ?

The wealthy people buying all these NFTs will eventually realize they're worthless, what comes next could easily be the same rich group changing laws regarding how internet rights work. You'd have to pay $5 for posting a meme anywhere to whomever owns the template. This would really suck but I can imagine it happening. :(

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The wealthy people buying all these NFTs will eventually realize they're worthless, what comes next could easily be the same rich group changing laws regarding how internet rights work. You'd have to pay $5 for posting a meme anywhere to whomever owns the template. This would really suck but I can imagine it happening. :(
Isn't that what goes on now with interment providers ?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Oh man, that would be a crippling blow to one Mr. Haste, JV!

Members online

No members online now.