Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

does anyone like the 2017 HA Scripts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I just came across these and I think they are cool. I got this one of a player that played for the Phillies for like 5 games back in 1922...
s-l1600.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
These are kind of neat, particularly for those old old players, I have one in my Tim Wakefield collection, from a Red Sox set he was in, I've seen some others, I'd prefer a picture with the cut auto but some look pretty neat regardless

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
These are kind of neat, particularly for those old old players, I have one in my Tim Wakefield collection, from a Red Sox set he was in, I've seen some others, I'd prefer a picture with the cut auto but some look pretty neat regardless
the pic would be good but i dont think alot of these older players dont even have one. lol

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
my next newest one: I like this one because he served many years in WW2 and came back to play baseball
s-l1600 (1).jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I've bought the Historic Autograph cut autos going back to 2010 for my Don Zimmer collection. They're fine for an inexpensive pickup. Only problem is that 3 of these 5 feature his wife's "ghost signature" - she signed almost all of his fan mail. Of the five below, Don only signed the first (2010) and the fourth (2016). The other three are his wife's signature for him. The "D" gives it away - Don's "D" doesn't close. Sucks that PSA verifies them. It is confusing since Soot, his wife, signed his player contracts and Topps contracts. Zim's 1950's Topps cards feature his wife's signature as the printed facsimile auto on them. His wife's signature also can be found in Topps Archive cards and Tri-Star cut auto cards.

10HISTORICAUTOGRAPHS.jpg12HISTORICAUTO.jpg13HISTORICAUTO5B.jpg16HISTORICAUTOFF.jpg19CAPITOLOFBASEBALL.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It really depends on what you are looking for. What you show is basically a 3x5, encapsulated in a plastic case. In my mind, it should cost not much more than a basic 3x5 you might find on ebay. Do we trust HA (or anyone else for that matter) to know their stuff when they buy these on ebay, because I can almost guarantee that is where they are getting a fair amount of this stuff anyway.

I even have a Mulcahy 3x5 in my collection because he was a 1X AS and I was collecting signatures of any AS player for a while.

I would certainly put the manufacturer cut signature cards a few levels above these, but only if they put some effort into a nice card design and have the player pictured. Even those are still overpriced cuts/3x5s that someone deemed authentic and tucked into a modern frame. Don't get me wrong though, I will grab them when there is nothing else available I like, but they have to be reasonably priced. Cuts w/o a player picture for me might as well just be a bare uncertified cut.

Members online

Latest posts