Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don't Do it!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think this is a question of perspective. I've seen little drama on here in the last year or so because I couldn't give a flying flip about people fighting with each other. I got involved in some drama a while back over Razor's presidential autographs that turned downright nasty. Massive numbers of members trashing me in PMs. How did I react?

I took a step back and faded into the background for a while.

If you hate the drama don't participate in it. When you don't participate in it, the boards don't seem all that negative.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Razor/Leaf takes a beating because Brian comes on here and responds to questions and comments.
If a rep from Topps or Panini would come on here, he would get an earfull as well.
I left UD out because they actually respond to complaints and comments on their Facebook page.

When we are spending the kind of money we do on this hobby, you will have complaints and you should be able to voice those concerns on a sports card forum. If you buy a car and it breaks down or something on the interior is scratched, do you not complain about it? No difference here, you want what you pay for!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Jeff N. said:
School starts soon. It's all good.

Nothing against you Jeff, as I see this post get made countless times. What does it even mean? When school starts kids no longer have access to computers? Sorry, but I just don't understand.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I think there is a few reasons. First, when summer comes, it always seems like people become a little more irritable. Second, it also seems like trolls just looking for an e-argument always spike this time of year. Usually it dies down in the fall/winter which leads to the 3rd reason. I'm not saying all, because I've had good experiences with many, but when summer comes the younger crowd moves in. With that we can't avoid some level of immaturity from a good few who want to start drama, and from those who feed into it by arguing back instead of leaving it be.

All this stuff is inevitable when as a site we start becoming more recognizable, the trolls kinda start moving in. Its always been a disease that comes with noteriety. We just have to remember to not take stuff too seriously, and try to have a good time instead of getting upset over stuff on an internet message board.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Therion said:
If you hate the drama don't participate in it. When you don't participate in it, the boards don't seem all that negative.

Well said, Billy.

If I see a thread that is taking/has already taken a downward angle, I click the back button and look at other threads. I don't try to add to the maelstrom; I turn the rudder and head for another port.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
I just think people are too damn sensitive. Sorry if someone says something that rubs you the wrong way...but I don't get why those people who get annoyed have to make a big deal about it when the person on the other end probably could care less what another person behind a screen name thinks.

People who think they can read tone through text are wrong most of the time.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I call BS. Go to any other trading card board on the internet and it's ten times worse than FCB. Go to the PSA board if you want to see some absolute train wrecks of posters and threads. Go to to SCF if you want to be treated like a POS by the mods and site owners. Go to TCC if you want to be bored to death. Go to Beckett if you want to deal with the worst of SCF and TCC combined with an atrocious set-up. This board rocks and it is better than any other site by far. Just because there are a few bad apples doesn't mean the site is going downhill. It simply means there are more people here now and there will be more agitation. The same core is here. The same great moderation is here. This place is the best.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I've found taking a break from the site every once in awhile helps quite a bit. Your not going to find a better sportscards message board on the net.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
AKA Coastal said:
I've found taking a break from the site every once in awhile helps quite a bit. Your not going to find a better sportscards message board on the net.
I take a break from the site every time the website is down! :cool:

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
I tend to find that the people who are the quickest to lash out or act like pricks are also the ones with the thinnest skin. If someone challenges their opinions or calls them out on a comment that's out of bounds, they start getting nasty and often won't stop until the thread is effectively killed. They want to say whatever they want, but don't want others to have the same right.

Classic Internet bully/short man syndrome.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
hofmichael said:
I said before that I cannot/will not make an apology for being an ******* with no tolerance for a lack of common sense.When a post lacks common sense I chime in with a ******** remark.You may look at me like part of the problem but I consider myself part of the solution.
Signed,
Your friendly neighborhood ******* :D

That reminds me of the scene from Spaceballs.

"Keep firing, ********!" :lol:

Members online