Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay: International Bidders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Why do auctions that only ship to US show up when a bidder outside the US searches???

Just had a bidder from Taiwan win 2 of my better auctions....I only make mistakes once and only accepted US bidders.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I clearly state in all listings that I only can ship to the US. Yet, there is an ebayer in Taiwan that has made about 20 offers on a lot of my listings. It got to the point where I was sending the same message to him every time, politely thanking him for his time and offer but that I couldn't ship internationally so I'd have to decline. Now I'm just tired of it so I stopped responding.

And now I started setting my listings to exclude international buyers. Hopefully it works. Not sure about auctions, so I really can't help you with your question, but I understand the frustration.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
If I'm correct, if you choose not show the item to countries where you don't ship, it only takes it off the international sites of eBay. If the bidder from Taiwan goes to eBay.com, compared to eBay.com.tw, they can view your listings.

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
i43770 said:
If I'm correct, if you choose not show the item to countries where you don't ship, it only takes it off the international sites of eBay. If the bidder from Taiwan goes to eBay.com, compared to eBay.com.tw, they can view your listings.

This is correct.
As I live abroad, it's not always easy to find stuff that people are willing to ship overseas but at least I ask before bidding or offering. Sometimes folks say "sure" sometimes not... that's the way the game is played I guess.

bja613

Jan 6, 2009
Norman, OK
You can have eBay block certain countries by going to My eBay > Account > Site Preferences > Shipping preferences > and click edit for "exclude shipping locations from your listings"

However, people will have a USA eBay address and then to try and pay with a Paypal account with an international shipping address so you have to block international payments also.

Members online

Latest posts