Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay new bidding structure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
I tried searching but could't find any threads on it. Usually if a card is under $5 the bid increaments are .25. I just bid on an item where the bid increaments were .75. I noticed this on one other auction last week, but it's not on every auction. Any word on this?

G

abeabe said:
I tried searching but could't find any threads on it. Usually if a card is under $5 the bid increaments are .25. I just bid on an item where the bid increaments were .75. I noticed this on one other auction last week, but it's not on every auction. Any word on this?
Yeah, I've noticed that too, but it's not consistent even on one auction it seems, because up to $3 it's $.75, and back to $.25 or something, and once it wasn't even exact, but it turned out to be the guy's max bid that it made me bid up to

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Anyone have any insight? I just bid on another card under $5 and this time it made me use .50 incriments, instead of .25. Why is this? I'd rather people had to bid more on my auctions too. Is there some setting Im missing? Also I was outbid and they want me to bid .50 more cents so its not like they were making me bid up to previous bidders total. P.S. I too make my initial small bid on an item and then place my "real" bid when auction goes off. Im not hoping to win the card for under $5.

Members online

Latest posts