Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay trend? "My kid bought this on accident, I do not want t

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
So, in the last month I have had at least 4 people message me, after I accept an offer, saying that "my kid got on my account, and I do not want this item."

Anyone else run into this? It's not a huge deal to me, but to be honest I have a hard time believing this really is the case with all 4 buyers. So I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone else is running into this.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Happened to me last year.

Not only did the guy say his kid bought it, he told me I SHOULD be ashamed of myself for selling the item for so much because I was ripping people off. (The item was brand new in the wrapper, retail $60, I sold it for $45).

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
GarkoCollector said:
Just had that for a 19.99 item from a 100% fb member. Couldnt leave neg FB for refusing to pay.
Isn't it awesome that you can't leave negative feedback for buyers? I have a non payer of about two weeks and half of his 16 feeback says he doesn't pay. 100 percent positive though.

As far as people leaving snide comments, Id probably get the boot from ebay for returning the favor in a very distasteful manner. I have little tolerance for that type of ****.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
There's also, "I'm sorry, but I need to leave town for a family emergency. Can you sell the item to someone else. I'm sorry, but I can't get to a computer right now..."

How the hell are you sending me this message then?!?!?!

Sucks dude.

WKBaseball2010

Apr 17, 2011
South Carolina
I purchased an 09 Legendary Cuts Cut Auto Hot Pack a few years back and received an Earl Averill cut auto. I messaged the guy and he said that he was sorry, but his daughter opened the pack. :evil:

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
sportscardfanatic said:
There's also, "I'm sorry, but I need to leave town for a family emergency. Can you sell the item to someone else. I'm sorry, but I can't get to a computer right now..."

How the hell are you sending me this message then?!?!?!

Sucks dude.
"I'm sorry, but I need to leave town for a family emergency"
i have had that with sellers about 35 times,after not getting my item in 2 weeks or more. 10 times in 1 week from 10 different sellers. what are the odds? it is not only buyers!

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Happened to me when I sold my Jeter/Bush/Mantle. Guy messaged me saying his son bid on it and he didnt wanna pay for it. I told him he shouldnt let his kid know his password and he should make him get out and mow lawns or something to pay him back.

danimal

Dec 28, 2009
These excuses have been around as long as eBay has been around. My "best" 3 month period, I had 11 people send me messages that they had a death in the family and couldn't pay. I only sold about 50 items in that time period so if you bought from me you had a 1 in 5 chance of one of your loved ones dying!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
I would resend the invoice everyday :lol:
And I would say, sorry you had your password abc123 since your 3rd grader figured it out.

it was probably 1,2,3,4,5

"So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! The kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"

Members online