Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay'a new 10% Final Value Fee, anyone else having problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I sold an item for $28.99 and one for $54.95 (Both Free Shipping). I checked my Account Activity and see that it says I have a $2.90 FVF and a $5.80 FVF.

How did they figure a $5.80 FVF? It should have been $5.50.

Has anyone else seen any inconsistencies in their FVFs?

Last edited:

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I sold an item for $28.99 and one for $54.95. I checked my Account Activity and see that it says I have a $2.90 FVF and a $5.80 FVF.

How did they figure a $5.80 FVF? It should have been $5.50.

Has anyone else seen any inconsistencies in their FVFs?

did you account for your shipping cost?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Was it listed before April 15th? I am noticing my items that have sold this week but were listed before the 15th are being charged the old rate. A card I listed yesterday and sol already was hit with. A flat 10 percent

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I had the same problem. The fees actually don't go into effect until May 1.
My email I got tom them says April 16th 2013 is the start date of the 10%FVF
Was it listed before April 15th? I am noticing my items that have sold this week but were listed before the 15th are being charged the old rate. A card I listed yesterday and sol already was hit with. A flat 10 percent

Even if those items sold before the increase, what he is saying is one was charged more then 10% by one penny and the other was charged way more then 10% like about 10.60%

As for charging on the shipping the get listed separately on your invoice. You well see on on an item sold for 5.00 and 1.69 shipping entries of .50 cents for the item FVF then a FVF of .17 for shipping they are never combined on you invoice.

Op I have had this happened 2 times before the increase and it was for shipping on for items sold all 4 had 1.79 shipping for each item
Once charge 16 cent on 1.79 on shipping then charged 18 on the next one then again charged 16 and on the last one sold I was charged again 18 cents final FVF for shipping

I called they they said it was a mistake and would be correct on my actual invoice before its billed for payment. Well it was not and I still paid the 4 cents over on the automatic payment. So now I have to asked for my .4 cents back owed to me.

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Now might be a good time to sign up for a store. I got an email from ebay on the 16th saying they'll waive the first month's store fee if I sign up before May 1. I did and now the items I've listed after the store opened are using the old fee structure (store fees don't change until May 1), including the reduced fee for auction items. Although it won't apply for anything you list before the store opened, as those items will take the fee structure of whatever you were tied to pre-store. Ebay says this is supposed to make thing simple, but all it's done is confuse me even more so far. The only thing I'm clear about, is that my fees go way up on May 1...

Only bad thing about upgrading to store right now is that you lose the 50 free listings from April if you haven't used them up yet. Though you will get 150 free per month (basic store) starting May 1.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts