Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN Reporting: Highly possible no one voted into the HOF this year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, Tim Raines is PISSED OFF...

Just kidding... but really... this morning, I heard on ESPN radio Mike & Mike that this year no one might get voted into the Baseball HOF.

They said Biggio is at about 70% and is the best possible to make it. The next highest is like Jack Morris with like only 60-65%.

Thoughts?

Here is an article which was posted this week on ESPN.com - Jayson Stark's MLB Hall of Fame ballot - ESPN

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
Funny how there's no speculation surrounding Craig Biggio. Also comical how the writers are protesting or whatever. Pretty sure every single one of them were praising the homerun chase between McGuire and Sosa, all loving Barry Bonds and this-and-that. For one, I don't think that you should not include the steroid users. Not one of us didn't love that era so why neglect it now?

And I'll say this, too... the fact that Piazza will not be elected in his first-year is absolutely pathetic.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
This pisses me off because on years when no one should make it they vote someone in. And this year when many should make it they're not going to vote someone in.

Here is my opinion. Someone will get in because its not about the HOF anymore it's about all the revenue generated for Cooperstown businesses during HOF weekend. That's why they will never go without electing at least one person.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
There has been speculation that we could see another year like 1996, where no one gets in. I don't think that will be the case ( I think 3 at most get in ), but the discussions have been great.

Sadly hockey, Murphy is struggling just to stay on the ballot, so his chances of getting in are very slim.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
There has been speculation that we could see another year like 1996, where no one gets in. I don't think that will be the case ( I think 3 get in ), but the discussions have been great.

Sadly hockey, Murphy is struggling just to stay on the ballot, so his chances of getting in are very slim.

Which 3 Dan? Just curious...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
That should've said 3 at max, sorry.

I think Jack Morris gets in, and possibly Biggio. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Next year though, Maddux and Thomas get in for sure. Glavine too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maddux get the highest voting percentage of all time, breaking Seavers record, maybe even unanimous.:D

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Personally, I don't think anyone should get in this year... I mean some people are saying Piazza and Biggio but neither do anything for me but we all know they'll see the Hall eventually...

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Personally, I don't think anyone should get in this year... I mean some people are saying Piazza and Biggio but neither do anything for me but we all know they'll see the Hall eventually...

Not a fan of Biggios 3,000 hits Mac?

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Edgar Martinez, Piazza, Biggio, Bagwell, Trammell, Bonds, and Clemens all deserve to be in the HOF.
Why not just vote them all in this year?
Get it over with!!!!!
I don't care about so-called "over saturation".
Baseball has had tens of thousands of players! Less than 1% get in!

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Pre alleged steroids, Bonds and Clemens were dominant. Piazza was a HOF'er.

Those three should make it in. Sosa and McGwire owe their success to PEDs.

Biggio shouldn't make it in. He's very good, but no one ever feared Biggio. Jack Morris should make it in as well.

I'm usually against new additions, but I think those four should make it.

If Andre freaking Dawson and Jim freaking Rice are in, they should be in.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
If he doesn't get in this year, the Schilling/Mussina conversations/comparisons should be interesting next year.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Why are you only looking at stats?

I don't think I mentioned one stat. That being said, what should I be looking at? Mike Piazza being the first gay HOF'er? The addition of Schilling's sock?

The fact that they ALLEGEDLY cheated? The HOF is full of cheaters, wife-beaters, gamblers, thieves, conmen, alcoholics, drug addicts and scumbags.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Piazza? Seriously? He's the greatest hitting catcher of all-time. It will be criminal if he doesn't make it this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts