Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Eyepoppers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
To think that group-ownership MJ 10 was bought for $161K, had an offer of $225K or something, which was rejected by the shareholders last week, and this week they're selling for more than triple that. Just insanity. Where were these people before last year? Did they not know cards existed? Did they have to wait for them to become "hot alternative investments" again? Did someone need to lead them to the water?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A BGS 9.5 2014 Flawless Lou Gehrig sold for $325. This set is 100 cards, numbered to 20, with a diamond embedded in them. I've been collecting this set since it came out and that's the highest price I've seen on any such card. Maybe a green #/5 or 1/1 may have sold for more, but that's a pretty strong price on a #/20, especially for a Gehrig.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
A couple of guys who do breaks out of my LCS have been paying $800+ for Panini football BLASTERS (I don't know which product, not a football guy). Yes, $800+ for blasters, and they're still making huge money off of those breaks.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
New card year releases are always chaotic and full of surely regrettable purchases.
Not sold yet but the first 2021 Topps short-printed variation "Masked Trout" has hit ebay for $2000.
2021 Topps 1952 Redux Luis Robert = $355
2021 Topps 1986 Insert Jo Adell = $40
2021 Topps Through The Years Derek Jeter reprint w/auto and 1/1 stamp = $49
2021 Topps Through The Years Mike Trout reprint w/auto and 1/1 stamp = $595 and counting

These Through The Years cards are going to be a major source of pain in the coming weeks. Topps reprinted cards with autos, patches, and 1/1 stamps and buyers, and possibly some sellers, appear to think those things are on the actual card, not the card shown in the image. The Trout listing is particularly unscrupulous because it does not show the back of the card, which is where it states the card is not autographed. Way to go, Topps.

Members online