Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First look at 2009 Bowman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

ryanhoward06 said:
The rookie auto cards look pretty good. I wish they did the same design for the prospect set.

bowmanautorookiekaaihue1.jpg

the design looks like a revision to last year's - it's like they said "lets try to make it look less like a picture on the chest of a robot, but keep the same basic look". I would have liked to see something completely different.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
marterburn said:
ryanhoward06 said:
The rookie auto cards look pretty good. I wish they did the same design for the prospect set.

the design looks like a revision to last year's - it's like they said "lets try to make it look less like a picture on the chest of a robot, but keep the same basic look". I would have liked to see something completely different.

I'd like to see Beckett stop putting their gay little watermark on their pictures. :lol: :lol:

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
The prospect checklist is pretty stacked. There are at least 10 guys that I am going to be buying. Me likey.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
marterburn said:
ryanhoward06 said:

I agree, but it's better then this,

bowmanautoprospecthernandez1.jpg

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
This came to mind when I viewed

EpicFail13.jpg

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
ryanhoward06 said:
marterburn said:
ryanhoward06 said:

Not even close.The prospect card looks great.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ok, after fully digesting the base checklist, here are my thoughts.

[*] As expected, there are quite a few names who have had cards already in previous years, yet I expect some will sell well regardless, based on reputation. Still, it's very irksome to see players who have had Topps cards already. I can understand putting players in here who have had Donruss cards (i.e. Feliz), but why duplicate their own players? Why?

[*] There's a certain pitcher that I will be going hard after. Been waiting a while for someone to produce his first card.

[*] Darvish is a very good choice - the international sales of this card will rival, and perhaps surpass, Dice-K's when it first came out.

[*] Nice of Topps to feature Flowers in his Sox uni.

[*] Glad they didn't put Brett Lawrie in the checklist - that would only lead to problems with Razor.

[*] Hopefully Topps won't flip-flop this arrangement for Bowman Chrome and make the base set weaker, yet make the autos stronger. The base set is always the bread-and-butter of any prospect product. How about making BOTH stronger?

Taking the auto CL into account, I'd rate this product a B- overall.

Naturally that grade will likely be adjusted if any late changes are made.

EDIT: I'm still awaiting the insert odds and serial numbering to be made public. Anyone?

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
ryanhoward06 said:
marterburn said:
ryanhoward06 said:

Really? I have to respectfully disagree. They do mostly grow on me, but the prospect card looks really boring. JMO.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
ryanhoward06 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ryanhoward06 said:
marterburn said:
ryanhoward06 said:

Really? I have to respectfully disagree. They do mostly grow on me, but the prospect card looks really boring. JMO.

I dont know.I see them looking great in hand.The blue border around the picture will look STUNNING with the different parallels.

marterburn

thenumberonemetfan said:
ryanhoward06 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
ryanhoward06 said:
marterburn said:
[quote="ryanhoward06":w3jktzh6]The rookie auto cards look pretty good. I wish they did the same design for the prospect set.

I dont know.I see them looking great in hand.The blue border around the picture will look STUNNING with the different parallels.[/quote:w3jktzh6]

The prospect set could end up looking good, but it's safe and perhaps a little boring. But I don't think it will generally be called 'ugly'. And it's different.

Members online