Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Fleer Bankruptcy Sales - Rare Inserts - Value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
In my quest for rare and unique Reds cards, I have been coming across alot of these "Fleer Bankruptcy Cards". I am wondering what people's thoughts are on the value of these. Not very much at all? A certain % of the pack-pulled card price? Any help would be much appreciated!

For those of you unfamiliar with them, Fleer had a huge bankruptcy sale back in 2005 and alot of the cards that were printed and stored at the factory, mostly for damaged-card replacement purposes, were sold at auction. May of them were very rare cards like Essential Credentials, Ultra Platinums, etc. The big drawback to them is that they were not serial #d like the their pack pulled counterparts.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Depends on the player too I would think. Collector's opinions vary between "must have" to "interesting curiosity". I'm on the "have-better-things-to-spend-my-money-on-than-manufacturing-leftovers-and-scrap" side of the fence. But then there's probably an Angel Berroa collector out there that would happily cough up $20 for one lol Obviously your odds of finding a keeper increase with the size of the player's collector base

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Mostly looking at EX Essential Credentials and Fleer Platinum Extremes from 2003-2005 at the moment.

If it were me I would buy......many 80s-90s collectors really like the off the wall back doored items; you never know what these will be worth in 10 years.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I normally do not pick them up, but I did get a 2001 Fleer Platinum printing plate of Ken Griffey Jr. and Adam Dunn. It's a Dunn RC so I picked it up. It was $14.99 delivered.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Depends on the player too I would think. Collector's opinions vary between "must have" to "interesting curiosity". I'm on the "have-better-things-to-spend-my-money-on-than-manufacturing-leftovers-and-scrap" side of the fence. But then there's probably an Angel Berroa collector out there that would happily cough up $20 for one lol Obviously your odds of finding a keeper increase with the size of the player's collector base

Couldnt agree more with this. I've bought some items of Belle and it was total crap and regret being intrigued enough to spend money on it. Never again.... But this is just my opinion. I know some guys dig it.

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
I decided to take a chance and buy several of these lots. Hopefully it will work out. I am debating between listing them on the transactions page here and listing them on Ebay.

Latest posts