Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frank Thomas collectors thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Hi all,

Got a card that qualifies for this thread (though I bought it for the other player on it):

A bittersweet card. This is a pretty rare card, #d /2500. It was made to promote awareness of leukemia and bone marrow donation. The back of the card pictures Rod's daughter, Michelle, who passed away from leukemia as a young woman. Don't see this card pop up too often.
scan0004.jpg
back of the card:
scan00012.jpg

wadeinbmore

Feb 27, 2009
Baltimore
Cobra29svt said:
wadeinbmore said:
randyherth said:
vitalejd said:
Sure looks that way. Hope that no one buys it for that price.

What makes you say that? Do you think its a fake? I thought $400 is a good price for the NNOF. Just curious.

Hey Wade,
What I think he means is the card ended at auction a week ago for $130 less.
Fake? I think it's a legit copy. I looked at it for about 20 minutes thinking something wasn't right about it, but I think it's just the scan that made me feel that way.

Thanks for the clarification guys...I greatly appreciate it. I've always been skeptical whenever I've seen an ungraded NNOF Thomas card as I know that fakes do exhist. One day I'll get me a NNOF...it doesn't have to be graded...I've only got like 3 or 4 grade cards in my collection. For high dollar cards I like to be able to touch 'em and to put them in big 1" thick screw down cases :mrgreen: Call me old fashioned LOL. Thanks again everybody!

That Carew Thomas card is pretty awesome...I had never seen it before until you posted it! Very cool.

Also that early career all-star auto sheet/set that is pretty neat and smart too. Who would've thunk it. Its pretty cool to look at the other signatures too and try to see who went onto have solid MLB careers.

I absolutely love coming here and seeing all the neat pieces that you guys find to add to your collections. My Thomas GU items tend to go in waves as items hit the market...so when I'm not buying or am saving for another item seeing everybody's new additions help me through my non-buying times! I'm still shooting pics for my website. My goal is to be done and have the majority of the site up by Aug 1st. I figure the site HAS GOT TO BE DONE BEFORE Frank Thomas Day :eek:

Happy Collecting.

Sep 11, 2009
randyherth said:
gogosox40 said:
Hi, I was wondering if you can tell me a fair price for a 1993 Topps Finest Refractor of Frank Thomas is?

If it is in nm-mt condition raw......probably around $70-$100

PSA/BGS 9: $100-$140
Is that on eBay? I havent tracked them on there for a couple months. If it is I need to pick a few more up.

wadeinbmore

Feb 27, 2009
Baltimore
MAIL DAY!!!

3 Pair of Big Franks Reebok wristbands. One pair from 1996. Two pair from 1995. They came complete with signed COA's. They all show really great use with loose threads galore! I'm very pleased to add these to the collection. Hope you enjoy 'em.

Thomas3WBwithsignedCOAs.jpg

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
wadeinbmore said:
MAIL DAY!!!

3 Pair of Big Franks Reebok wristbands. One pair from 1996. Two pair from 1995. They came complete with signed COA's. They all show really great use with loose threads galore! I'm very pleased to add these to the collection. Hope you enjoy 'em.

Wow! That is just super awesome!!

rikakris

Sep 5, 2009
wadeinbmore said:
MAIL DAY!!!

Nice looking wristbands!

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Cobra29svt said:

That is one cool card that seemed to not get noticed too much at auction. You don't see too many items like this pop up. Wish that I could get my hands on the 1992 Elite with his number, or even 3500/10000, or 0350/10000. I like the #35 serial number over a 1/1.......although the 1/1 will probably bring more $$ unless it is a very popular card with his jersey #. I really can't say I have anything to back this up.....as I have been glued to daily auctions for only 2 years.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
subpop77 said:
Thomas collectors do you consider it better to get a 1/1 or 35/X?
Really depends who you ask. I don't collect much after '99, so I'd have to say a 90's 1/1 would be far & away better for my collection. At the same time, I'd take a 00035/10000 '92 Elite over 15 1/1's from the 2000's.

randyherth said:
That is one cool card that seemed to not get noticed too much at auction. You don't see too many items like this pop up. Wish that I could get my hands on the 1992 Elite with his number, or even 3500/10000, or 0350/10000.
Thanks Randy. I was one happy camper when I saw the ending price was about 20% of what my snipe was. As mentioned above, that 00035 '92 Elite is very high on my wantlist. If I see a one of the other 2 you listed I'll be sure to let ya know.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
Cobra29svt said:
subpop77 said:
Thomas collectors do you consider it better to get a 1/1 or 35/X?
Really depends who you ask. I don't collect much after '99, so I'd have to say a 90's 1/1 would be far & away better for my collection. At the same time, I'd take a 00035/10000 '92 Elite over 15 1/1's from the 2000's.

randyherth said:
That is one cool card that seemed to not get noticed too much at auction. You don't see too many items like this pop up. Wish that I could get my hands on the 1992 Elite with his number, or even 3500/10000, or 0350/10000.
Thanks Randy. I was one happy camper when I saw the ending price was about 20% of what my snipe was. As mentioned above, that 00035 '92 Elite is very high on my wantlist. If I see a one of the other 2 you listed I'll be sure to let ya know.

That makes me feel better, as I meant to bid more for it, and thought I lost out to a very low price. I wouldn't have come close to your highest snipe, so that makes me feel better! I wonder if the #35 '92 Elite rests in the hands of a Thomas collector?

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
I don't chase them, but they happen.
I prefer 3/5's ;)
But I would much rather have a 1/1, of which I have none, now.

2007UltimateCollectionStarMaterials.png

Has 3 for Griffey and 35 for Frank :lol:
2007UDElementsDualElementsDualMemor.jpg

Members online

Latest posts