Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***********FRIDAY MORNING THREAD 8/21***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Morning all. Gonna be my last free weekend for awhile. Jayme and I are really tempted to drive up to Rapid City, SD tomorrow to take Bennett through Bear Country. Nice little drive through wildlife park with the obvious bears, but also have wolves, big horn sheep, bobcats, buffalo, caribou, elk, mountain goats, and more. Figure with it being a drive through park, with a little bit of walking afterwards we should be fairly safe. Jayme and I are dying to do something, but there's nothing around here to do

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Morning all. Gonna be my last free weekend for awhile. Jayme and I are really tempted to drive up to Rapid City, SD tomorrow to take Bennett through Bear Country. Nice little drive through wildlife park with the obvious bears, but also have wolves, big horn sheep, bobcats, buffalo, caribou, elk, mountain goats, and more. Figure with it being a drive through park, with a little bit of walking afterwards we should be fairly safe. Jayme and I are dying to do something, but there's nothing around here to do
Sounds like a good day trip. Just don't let Jayme walk up to any buffalo calves like the biker lady did last week. She got thrown around and lost her pants. Luckily not seriously injured. BTW, I'm kidding. I'm sure you all wouldn't do that.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Sounds like a good day trip. Just don't let Jayme walk up to any buffalo calves like the biker lady did last week. She got thrown around and lost her pants. Luckily not seriously injured. BTW, I'm kidding. I'm sure you all wouldn't do that.

That idiot got between the buffalo mom and her calf, and everyone’s shocked a wild animal acted wild, ******* got what she deserved...

But if you wanna see bears, just come to my house, had one wandering around my front porch last night...weird thing was, it was garbage day, and he didn’t even go near the cans, thank god, I don’t need more to deal with today, already running to the store to get stuff to fix a leaking pipe...which we’re already scheduled to be replaced with pex, we just hadn’t gotten around to it yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Haha, that was Custer State park, which isn't far away and on the highway, while Bear Country they get mad if you even roll your window down lol. There's so much more to do up in the Black Hills, but with Covid, we don't really wanna do too much where there might be a crowd, especially just a week after Sturgis.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
There have been more wild life sightings around here lately. There were 2 black bears seen last year within 15 miles of where I live. And, over the last 10 years there have been confirmed mountain lions sightings a few times. It used to be I only saw deer in the Fall. Now I see deer at least once a week all year around.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Hickory is rather large downtown --- had a bear cub wandering around ---mom not seen . I live in suburbs --- had LARGE bear one mile away --- but lots of woods / deer --plenty skunks . I've seen a LARGE black cat near where G/Kids stay ---- when the tail is on the ground in middle THAT'S not no house cat . They have a large pond / herds of other animals ---locals have lost animals to what game warden says DOESN'T EXIST HERE .

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The most wildlife I see around here was a dumb female turkey who use to sit in the middle of the main street and not move for anyone. :giggle: We're 2 miles from downtown Boston.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
But, on the other side of Boston. I used to work at a state lab that was the old Boston hospital for the insane. They kicked out all the patients, they tore the place down. And made it into a nature reserve park. I saw deer there. That was 1 mile from downtown Boston. That's how Massachusetts works. :confused:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Evening all!

We had a brown bear cub running around here about a month ago.

There have been more wild life sightings around here lately. There were 2 black bears seen last year within 15 miles of where I live. And, over the last 10 years there have been confirmed mountain lions sightings a few times. It used to be I only saw deer in the Fall. Now I see deer at least once a week all year around.

PM sent about TC commons you needed...

Members online

Latest posts