Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Frustrating night of Player Collecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Made offers on:

05 Tulo Rookie Cup red auto BGS 9.5
- seller sends me an email saying he'd gladly accept my offer, but his PayPal is down and wondered if I'd be willing to send MO.
- I said, NO. Email me when your PayPal is fixed.
- (2 days ago)He emails me and says all is good, I just need to attach it to my eBay account...he asked if he should accept or if he should wait until it is fixed.
- I said, there is still 7 hours on my offer and I'll make another offer when it expires.
- Heard nothing yesterday evening.
- Tonight....CARD SOLD FOR $8 LESS THAN MY OFFER. (I hope the buyer gets it)

05 Tulo BC Blue Refractor
- I offer $65
- I hear nothing for over 24 hours.
- I check tonight and he had countered me at $80.
- But, I then notice that he accepted an offer of $72 for it.
- Had he offered me $80 w/in 24 hours, he'd have made an extra $8 bucks.

So, 2 nice cards, that I would have paid more than what the sellers sold them for if they would have had their stuff together.

Oh, well....Odd that a first happened twice in one night.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
im a little shocked you dont have a blue already.

sorry to hear of your bad luck tonight

I bought a 9.5 in 2006(sick BIN steal) and flipped it for $250 during the WS.

They don't pop up all that often and the centering is usually bad...the one I just missed looked great.

I'm a little weird. I have the Super and 2 Gold refs, but I haven't picked up a blue, X, or reg, since selling them.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
weird sellers indeed...sorry bud

dave

I'm really only bugged by the Rookie Cup 9.5 for 2 reasons:

1. I would have had a Rainbow -1 of the 05 Rookie Cups - silver /5, Blue /50, Green /99, Yellow /199, Orange /299, Red /399 and the regular.

* Still need the gold auto 1/1 if anyone has it laying around.

2. $80 for the Blue is still a little high for right now. But I just wanted it.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
im a little shocked you dont have a blue already.

sorry to hear of your bad luck tonight

I bought a 9.5 in 2006(sick BIN steal) and flipped it for $250 during the WS.

They don't pop up all that often and the centering is usually bad...the one I just missed looked great.

I'm a little weird. I have the Super and 2 Gold refs, but I haven't picked up a blue, X, or reg, since selling them.

i dont blame you one bit for taking the $250.

this is the only one i own:
Tulowitzki2005BChromeBlueRefractorB.jpg

i would have probably stocked up on him, but, and this is going to sound stupid, but the way he wears his hat like a ****** bag, made me pass on more than one for my PC

same goes for this clown:

Schafer2005BC_BluePSA9.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
80 does seem high...i just picked up the gold ref for 145. never tracked any gold sales but i thought it was a good price...

adam, i am like that as well. 1 red, 1 orange, 4 gold's of pelfrey...not really interested below those much...lol

dave

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
daveyou said:
80 does seem high...i just picked up the gold ref for 145. never tracked any gold sales but i thought it was a good price...

adam, i am like that as well. 1 red, 1 orange, 4 gold's of pelfrey...not really interested below those much...lol

dave

I appologize for us peasantly Blue Refractor collectors! ;)

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Oh the love of player collecting.
I get frustrated an average of 3-5 times a day... so been there. ;)

GL and I hope you find better deals on those cards. :)

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages - that photo that Topps used on every single card they made of him is AWESOME!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:

dave

I've picked up 2 Golds in the last 4 months and both were BGS 9's.

$200
$172

A 9 is actually a good grade for any of his BC parallel's (at least the blue's and Golds; my Super is a 9.5 :D ).

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
ThoseBackPages - that photo that Topps used on every single card they made of him is AWESOME!

you forgot the "~"'s ;)

that was the way the kids wore them back then.

But, I'll tell you this...Tulo was only in 3 poducts and why Topps used the same photo for all 3 boggles my mind!

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
reyes7castillo1 said:
If I sell my Lincecum Orange, I will definitely be on the market for a Tulo Gold ;)

I read that thread on my iPhone today! Congrats! PM me if you want one of the Tulo Golds, I'll split the difference with you on what I paid if you buy one before the season starts. I can't be held responsible for a price increase when he goes bananas;).

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Ah, The joys and miseries of player collecting. Hopefully in a few weeks you'll be posting how you got two steals in one night that will make you forget about this.

Good luck finding those cards though.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
i'm trying as i hard as i can to make a deal with reyescastillo for that orange ref auto, its tough seeing your white whale so close haha

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
i'm trying as i hard as i can to make a deal with reyescastillo for that orange ref auto, its tough seeing your white whale so close haha

Not that the card needs any help in being one of the sickest cards in the hobby right now; but since the Giants' colors are black and orange...to me, that makes the orange refractor even that much more cool.

I love Red refractors of Cardinals prospects and I wish I had a lot more than I do.

Members online