Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Good Ole Cam Newton. Oh Dad how did you get here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
tide12champrings said:
Let me ask you Aubie Homers something. Do you understand how much $$$ is involved for the NCAA and the SEC for Auburns appearance in the NT Game? You think the NCAA is waiting until the smoke clears to layeth the smacketh down on all your candy asses? It's gonna happen and Auburn, Al will go up in smoke.

Yep, the NCAA was all about the money when it came to Newton and Ohio State.

Since they collected their money, its time for the "new" information to come to light.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I don't know if Auburn did anything wrong or not, and who knows if something will come to light. But I do believe that more will "just be" discovered about Cam and the MSU-Father Newton connection that will cause the NCAA to symbolically remove all of Newton's honors. Auburn isn't the school in the middle of controversy with him; it's MSU.

Unless Auburn is discovered to have violated rules, then it becomes tricky moving forward. If they decide that Cam knew about his father shopping him, sure they can strip him of his awards since he shouldn't have been eligible, but can you strip the BSC Championship? That would punish Auburn.

I believe Cam should have been deemed ineligible, but that's my own belief. I don't know what the exact rules on things like that are within the NCAA. If his father was shopping him, he no doubt had sway with his son and tainted the decision of where to go, one way or the other.

drdduet

Dec 29, 2010
I'm just waiting for the Feds to get involved, it will only be a matter of time before we see Cam and others testifying at a congressional hearing a la Mcgwire, Clemens, Palmeiro, etc. If the NCAA can't "manage" these issues any better than it apparently has, the feds will step in at some point. It may take a bit but that is due process.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It's amazing how many people here have more insider info than the NCAA.

The fact is the NCAA conducted a season-long investigation into this during the season. Their resources are vastly superior to a bunch of sports card collectors on a message board. They would have nailed Newton to a wall if they had the evidence. But the fact is, they didnt.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
JoshHamilton said:

The fact is the NCAA conducted a season-long investigation into this during the season. Their resources are vastly superior to a bunch of sports card collectors on a message board. They would have nailed Newton to a wall if they had the evidence. But the fact is, they didnt.

You really think there is no chance the NCAA would not hide evidence and wait for it to come out after all the money is in the bank?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
JoshHamilton said:

You really think there is no chance the NCAA would not hide evidence and wait for it to come out after all the money is in the bank?

The Newton situation...no. They could have suspended him and Auburn before the season ended and bowl games were announced. It would have then been TCU (a team whose fans travel well) or Stanford in the title game. It still would have been two marquee teams and plenty of cash rolling in.

Now the OSU situation...yes. Suspending those players for the Sugar would have affected their bottom line. So they doled out a chickenshit punishment and allowed Tressel to effectively commit extortion

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
JoshHamilton said:
phillyfan0417 said:
JoshHamilton said:

The Newton situation...no. They could have suspended him and Auburn before the season ended and bowl games were announced. It would have then been TCU (a team whose fans travel well) or Stanford in the title game. It still would have been two marquee teams and plenty of cash rolling in.

Now the OSU situation...yes. Suspending those players for the Sugar would have affected their bottom line. So they doled out a chickenshit punishment and allowed Tressel to effectively commit extortion
Auburn isn't even the school involved in the mess. It was MSU. They would have suspended Newton and made Auburn lose their top drawing player.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Which would have effectively knocked them out of the title game. Without Newton, they don't beat Bama.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Haven't we already had this discussion on here.

Welcome to Groundhog Day.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
mstng99tim said:
AUTaxMan said:
mstng99tim said:
Since you have so much insight, answer these 2 questions then:

Did Cam Newton's father ask for money from ANY college?

If yes, did Cam know about it?

A. Yes
B. We do not know, but the NCAA has concluded that he didn't.
:lol:
One would really have to be a huge homer to believe that his father acted without his knowledge. But this raises another question, how much did Auburn pay to have him play there? Why let him go there and play for free when you have other schools interested in possibly paying for his services. Money well spent I would say. It was the perfect crime though, have your father out there negotiating on your behalf that way you could have "plausible deniability". And let's really be honest with ourselves, that is exactly what happened and what it is.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Rickzcards said:
One would really have to be a huge homer to believe that his father acted without his knowledge. But this raises another question, how much did Auburn pay to have him play there? Why let him go there and play for free when you have other schools interested in possibly paying for his services. Money well spent I would say. It was the perfect crime though, have your father out there negotiating on your behalf that way you could have "plausible deniability". And let's really be honest with ourselves, that is exactly what happened and what it is.

If you were shooting for idiotic post of the day, you win in a landslide.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
AUTaxMan said:
Rickzcards said:

If you were shooting for idiotic post of the day, you win in a landslide.

This attack wasn't necessary.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
7a098821f6a8b778e002bbef6568083b.jpg

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
AUTaxMan said:
mstng99tim said:
There's no point in going back and forth with you, as you will defend Auburn regardless.

Yes. I will defend Auburn with facts while you prosecute them with wishes and speculation.

For a grown man and to be so naive is the laughable part. Cam could tell you the sun is black and you would say yes sir while bowing like a little child before the queen. Lets see his father and he were so close that his dad did the decision making on the school. Yet for some reason he had no clue his father was shopping him. He said his dad was his rock through this whole thing :lol: Yeah I bet he was. His Dad was not suppose to be at the game yet he was.

MY father and I are super close. I can tell you what he is thinking or if something is wrong. I can even tell you when he is thinking something off the wall. Even in the field when hunting I can look at him 30 yards away in a tree stand and know exactly what he is thinking or going to do next. No chance he would be able to get over on me anything. NO CHANCE cam did not know about his father actions.

You sound like and Eagle fan trying to defend Vick. Better yet a Steeler fan saying umm no charges were filed while in the back of thier head they know he(Ben) is a pervert.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
wheeler281 said:
For a grown man and to be so naive is the laughable part. Cam could tell you the sun is black and you would say yes sir while bowing like a little child before the queen. Lets see his father and he were so close that his dad did the decision making on the school. Yet for some reason he had no clue his father was shopping him. He said his dad was his rock through this whole thing :lol: Yeah I bet he was. His Dad was not suppose to be at the game yet he was.

MY father and I are super close. I can tell you what he is thinking or if something is wrong. I can even tell you when he is thinking something off the wall. Even in the field when hunting I can look at him 30 yards away in a tree stand and know exactly what he is thinking or going to do next. No chance he would be able to get over on me anything. NO CHANCE cam did not know about his father actions.

You sound like and Eagle fan trying to defend Vick. Better yet a Steeler fan saying umm no charges were filed while in the back of thier head they know he(Ben) is a pervert.

Like I said, it doesn't matter whether or not he knew. The NCAA concluded that he didn't. It also concluded that Auburn had done nothing wrong. That is all that matters at this point.

jamuser304

Apr 24, 2009
Just like the NFL, the NCAA makes money by putting the best players on the field. What I assume, as well as many others is that the NCAA concluded that they didn't find enough evidence on Newton just so they could benefit from him being on the field. A couple years down the road, this situation will be revisited, and Newton will most likely be found guilty of said charges. His Heisman will be stripped, and possibly the Championship. Auburn fans should enjoy it now.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
AUTaxMan said:
wheeler281 said:

Like I said, it doesn't matter whether or not he knew. The NCAA concluded that he didn't. It also concluded that Auburn had done nothing wrong. That is all that matters at this point.

OJ was found not guilty too ;) So what is your point that you know in your heart he was probably in the know or you are dead set he knew nothing

drdduet

Dec 29, 2010
Perhaps Cam is innocent and if so what a travesty for him and his family.

Perhaps the allegations of his and his fathers wrongdoing are true.

AND

Perhaps the NCAA is guilty of handling the situation inappropriately.

Members online

Latest posts